Can’t we the public now cope with a Covid outbreak in Thailand?

webfact

1 minute ago, JensenZ said:

I suppose you don't read too well, chap. Unvaxxed, just recovered after 4 days. It was the mildest "flu" I've ever had... and I'm in the higher-risk group with an underlying condition.

I'm certainly not going on about anything as this is the first time I've mentioned anything about it. Perhaps you could go and get your 4th booster shot and pretend you'll live longer.

You are a typical.... "It didn't happen to me, so it won't happen to the rest of you lot" type.

Sadly blinkered, I suppose you have never had a jab for anything, you don't know anyone where C19 was the contributing fact in their death either. ????

PS. As it happens, I am going to see about a fourth one, my area is going down with a lot of C19.........  ????

• Sad 2

On 8/24/2022 at 7:07 AM, tandor said:

...i would be more than happy to pay for any future boosters...i thank the Thai government for footing the bill for my past 4 shots.

Why pay for a booster?

Friday I went to the local hospital for my 3. th booster, since it was 4 month since I had the 2. th. and it was free like all the other 4 vaccines.

5 minutes ago, transam said:

You are a typical.... "It didn't happen to me, so it won't happen to the rest of you lot" type.

Sadly blinkered, I suppose you have never had a jab for anything, you don't know anyone where C19 was the contributing fact in their death either. ????

PS. As it happens, I am going to see about a fourth one, my area is going down with a lot of C19.........  ????

No, I was never one of them. Right from the start, I was never concerned about it and had full confidence my immune system would handle it as I've always been very careful with my health and lived a healthy lifestyle. I'm not an anti-vaxxer, just not interested in getting one myself.

Going back to the only reason I posted here in the first place was to mention that on a visit to the hospital, with an admission of covid infection (I even showed him my positive test result), the doctor did not even ask if we had been vaxxed. That confused you for some reason. If they were even half as concerned as you, you would have thought the doctor would have asked if we were vaxxed and recommended a jab.

Up to you to keep banging your drum. I'm out. Stay healthy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

No, I was never one of them. Right from the start, I was never concerned about it and had full confidence my immune system would handle it as I've always been very careful with my health and lived a healthy lifestyle. I'm not an anti-vaxxer, just not interested in getting one myself.

Going back to the only reason I posted here in the first place was to mention that on a visit to the hospital, with an admission of covid infection (I even showed him my positive test result), the doctor did not even ask if we had been vaxxed. That confused you for some reason. If they were even half as concerned as you, you would have thought the doctor would have asked if we were vaxxed and recommended a jab.

In the UK, around 10,000 people die of something every day, yet you will avoid all that. because you are special.....So funny....????

34 minutes ago, perconrad said:

Why pay for a booster?

Friday I went to the local hospital for my 3. th booster, since it was 4 month since I had the 2. th. and it was free like all the other 4 vaccines.

So you plan to get boosters every 4 months? for how long?

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

So you plan to get boosters every 4 months? for how long?

I don't know, time will tell.

I got my first vaccine on 8. th june 2021 and since it have been around 4 month between the jabs except the 2. nd with only 2,5 month.

4 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

The reality of what they did and their continued false narrative and lies are coming back to haunt. 

Evidence is abundant from numerous circles.....and yet the protective forces refuse to touch and ignoring the reality that was and is. 

Not for much longer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JensenZ said:

You are out, so you may not read this but I'll offer my 2 cents anyway.

I agree with you, there is a big difference in having a very strong immune system. And as it is in the end your health, I can respect your no-vaxx choice. Two points however:

a) you can still get infected, and in that case you should be concerned about those around you who are not such Supermen.

b) infections are due to proximity to those who have the virus. And the probability of having it, as well as the virulence, depends on vaccination. In other words, the fact that you are infected only once instead of maybe ten times is thanks to those around who chose to be vaccinated.

Ergo: Superman thanks to your immune system, but also to all the common folks around.

33 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Here's the "reality":

In the U.S. in June 2022, people age 50 and older (among the highest risk folks) who were UNVACCINATED had a FOURTEEN times greater risk of dying from COVID than those who were fully vaccinated with two or more booster shots.

Per the U.S. CDC:

Screenshot_2.jpg.6c465a4c5fc2b09c240bb08ee83f9430.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg.af19e429ee3ef569746b39f393f32347.jpg

"People who were unvaccinated had a greater risk of testing positive for COVID-19 and a greater risk of dying from COVID-19 than people who were vaccinated overall (see below for the most recent rates)."

Source link

Per the CDC ????

Thanks for having the honesty of writing "reality" in between quotation marks.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 2:20 AM, webfact said:

It is no big deal to always carry a face mask

It is a big deal.   FREEDOM compromised.

It's no big deal to wear a tattoo...

or carry papers

or a patch

or a big FALANG t-shirt

or sleeping with a mask

or showering with a mask

or 10-day quarantine if told

Protect your freedoms!!!  Well, this is Thailand, masks until the year 2048. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

The reality of what they did and their continued false narrative and lies are coming back to haunt. 

Evidence is abundant from numerous circles.....and yet the protective forces refuse to touch and ignoring the reality that was and is. 

Tell that to the C19 dead........They may come back to haunt you....????...????

A post with misleading recitations of past quotes by public figures regarding the effectiveness of COVID vaccines has been removed.

The following Reuters fact check article from August 2021 lays out the history of this. What was said in early 2021 was accurate for the vaccines' effectiveness against the original strain of the coronavirus during that period of time.

But then in the ensuing months and years, the virus changed/mutated multiple times over. And the statements by public officials changed in ensuing months to reflect the changes in how the vaccines protected against the newer COVID variants.

Fact Check-Merged clips of CDC Director Rochelle Walensky discussing vaccine protection from severe COVID-19 are missing context

"the video lacks context. It compares comments made by Walensky prior to the rise of the Delta variant, which was first designated a variant of concern (VOC) in May 2021 by the World Health Organization (WHO), to her comments at a press briefing in August, with Delta the current dominant strain in the United States (here).

"The issue is that COVID-19 is not the same disease as it was 6 months ago. The delta variant is more contagious and requires higher levels of antibodies for killing it. Therefore, these videos tell only half the story,” Dr Buddy Creech, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, at the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in Nashville, Tennessee, told Reuters via email when presented with the claims.

(more)

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-walensky-clips/fact-check-merged-clips-of-cdc-director-rochelle-walensky-discussing-vaccine-protection-from-severe-covid-19-are-missing-context-idUSL1N2PX1IZ

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The real question is, can the Thai public cope with the post Covid reality? They still seem to be scared, and wearing masks outdoors everywhere, even in their motorbikes, in their cars and on the beach. 

It certainly doesn't make it appealing as a travel destination, especially with the soaring prices and expensive flights with fewer options than pre-2020. I am sitting on a fence here with the northern winter approaching about whether I should consider Thailand as I don't like the idea of going from normality to a faceless zombie place that I thought had been left in the past already.

17 hours ago, perconrad said:

Why pay for a booster?

...the article stated quite clearly the Thai Government were going to stop the free vaccines in the future; no date was mentioned.