8bht a unit for electricity. Very costly?

Grecian

3 hours ago, Adumbration said:

I have been here a long time.  Me personal rule is never rent a place where the owner wants to on sell water or power.  Only rent a place where you pay your bills directly yourself.

I have not read the posts above me in this thread but I am sure someone has mentioned that a few years back they passed legislation to stop this practice.  Like all laws here enforcement is haphazard on non existent.

Yes they did along with not being able to take more than one month's rent as a deposit. It applied to any landlord renting more than 5 units/properties. At the time, when I told my landlord (who is a policeman) about this, at first his agent said it only applied to Thais and not farang  lol, but next bill I calculated it and only paid 4bht not 8thb, and have done ever  since. I wish I kept a copy of the legislation at the time, in case I need it again.

On 8/25/2022 at 3:25 PM, Cake Monster said:

8 Baht per Unit is not at all costly.

You have to take into consideration the cost of Maintenance, the cost of services run off the Electric Etc

Nobody in their right mind would supply Electric at  cost only to you, as they would then loose Money if any repairs were needed Etc. 

What kind of repairs?

Are you serious?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VinnieK said:

What kind of repairs?

Are you serious?

He is confused, annual maintenance costs paid for each unit are what pay for repairs to the Infrastructure. If the juristic doesn't pocket the 3 to 4 baht difference per unit then someone else is....

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 3:25 PM, Cake Monster said:

8 Baht per Unit is not at all costly.

You have to take into consideration the cost of Maintenance, the cost of services run off the Electric Etc

Nobody in their right mind would supply Electric at  cost only to you, as they would then loose Money if any repairs were needed Etc. 

What repairs does an already installed electric supply need?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

He is confused, annual maintenance costs paid for each unit are what pay for repairs to the Infrastructure. If the juristic doesn't pocket the 3 to 4 baht difference per unit then someone else is....

..and that 'someone else' is the landlord..not the tenant thru inflated electricity bills