Photos of your Grow in Thailand

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a little extra room in an outdoor grow tent, so I will started a Bruce Banner Auto from seed. I've done nothing but a bit of LST and MINOR defoliating. She throws off some weird leaves occasionally. Here she is at exactly 50 days since seed popped. ???? 

Seedlings are 6-day old Cookies Gelato from Royal Queen Seeds. Photos. 

20221205_142607.jpg

20221205_142527.jpg

20221205_142353.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 2:22 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

image.thumb.jpeg.0e3b368f1d0840699f6f74ba226f3f93.jpeg

Girl Scout Cookies by Cali Connection in week 15. Indoors in a 4 x 2 tent under Mars Hydro TSL-2000 300W LED light. She's in coco and perlite and getting fed synthetics. Flush time coming soon!

Thats exactly what I'm growing in these days.(autos) I tried organics in soil with no success.Brit man2 inspired me to try coco/synthetics. Outstanding success IMHO 62 grams off a Blueberry auto, my best result so far. The autos just love it and take right off.

On 9/15/2022 at 8:14 AM, Colabamumbai said:

Many Thai seeds ordered on Shopee no good. One supplier in particular. 

Agree,you never know what you're going to get.The only local co I would buy from is "Smoking Gun"

I usually buy from overseas. Seed Experts and Fast Buds are 2 I would recommend.Expert has 2 for 1 sale.

On 9/27/2022 at 4:38 PM, DontDoubtMe said:

finally got my setup started. went home in august so im really far behind.

indoors in coco/perlite mix. 100x100 mars hydro tents. i got 2. other tent is for seedlings/clones/veg tent. carbon filters ordered from shopee coming soon.

right now light is mars hydro ts1000 but will be buying a bigger better light soon from shopee. a mars hydro fce3000 and a fc4800.

all photo period plants. imported seeds. i am not a fan of autoflower plants. i would rather grow an extra month or 2 and get twice as much bud and better bud.

will be topping this in about a 1 week, and switching to 12/12 in about 2-2.5 weeks.

these plants are almost 3 weeks old. will take a bunch of clones off each before i start flowering.

coco sucks as i gotta water almost every day so that means constant nutrient mixes and ph-ing of water. next grow i will go back to hydroponics because i like it alot better and its easy once its all set up.

IMG_20220927_160940.jpg

IMG_20220927_160943.jpg

IMG_20220927_160948.jpg

IMG_20220927_160951.jpg

Nice set up. My issue is space..I use a spare shower room and my tent is 70x70x150 so autos are my only option. I'm using coco/synthetics also.I don't mind the frequent feeding as I'm long retired and (I have fa to do and and all day to do it) 62 grams off my last auto and 3 more in progress.

On 8/26/2022 at 10:55 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

I'm growing indoors in a 5 x 5 Spiderfarmer tent with a Mars Hydro FC-E8000 LED light without supplemental CO2 and a Mars Hydro 6" duct fan and controller. 

I am also using an Inkbird humidity controller connected to a humidifier and a dehumidifier.

Temps range from between 27° to 35°C as I do not yet have air-con installed. So far no issues with heat except some tacoing of leaves when the light was up past 75% power. 

I've got two fans inside during the night and an additional floor-standing fan when the tent is open during the day. 

I'm a big fan of Fast Buds also. My blueberry auto from them gave up 62 grams..I'm happy with that.

On 9/14/2022 at 1:47 PM, BritManToo said:

I'm totally happy smoking Rama 9 Lao brick, and grow some Euro hybrids indoors (medical reasons).

I also put a spoonful or two of sugar in my wine to make it taste better, wine snobs and weed snobs I avoid.

Apparently banging a woman (your own age) you love is better than hiring a young woman with a killer body. 

Never seen much difference myself.

I'm an expert in getting drunk, getting high and banging hookers.

All on the cheap!

BMT: Good rebuttal sir. My small indoors grow has improoved hugely since I started following your advice with coco/synthetics . Organics in soil never worked for me. Bluberry auto gave me dry 62 grams 1st try,not bad.Killer bodies float my boat also..TF is teeming with them..

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 2:22 AM, Livesbkk73 said:

Where did you get your coco/perlite mix? did you buy as is? or did you mix it yourself?

Brit Man too got me into this stuff.

I'm using this coco peat from this vendor on Shopee.

translate this info.

วัสดุปลูกรวมชุด เพอร์ไลท์/เวอร์มิคูไลท์/พีทมอส 5*/1*/10 ลิตร (แบ่งบรรจุ) *สามารถปรับปริมาณ เพอร์ไลท์/เวอร์มิคูไลท์

Opt for the "G4 0.7 mm size.Its a kit and includes perlite coc and vermiculite .I also add EWC.every couple days

Rinse etc with cal/mag and it works a treat and cheap also.PM me for more info ok. good luck but you must water/feed every couple days.

Some of these plants are 12 feet tall. I didn't feed them enough. Are they ever going to bloom? It looks like all of them are about to flower but I thought that two months ago. 

Just my first crop. I'll do better next time. Auto bloom seedlings are currently growing

image.thumb.png.1885cb40d8b2362177ee5ad5e8a3f303.png

• Haha 1

On 12/6/2022 at 9:19 AM, Pinot said:

Some of these plants are 12 feet tall. I didn't feed them enough. Are they ever going to bloom? It looks like all of them are about to flower but I thought that two months ago. 

Just my first crop. I'll do better next time. Auto bloom seedlings are currently growing

Depends what strain, some will take quite a while to kick in and if you have a light-source nearby (such as streetlighting, or a floodlight) there's a fair chance they won't flower at all regardless of what they are (unless they're autos).

On 12/6/2022 at 4:19 PM, Pinot said:

image.thumb.png.1885cb40d8b2362177ee5ad5e8a3f303.png

A good question!

The large outdoor grow that I know very well is unusual in that it was a sponsored research grow, and the research objectives were to assess different growing methods for different levels of CBD/THC, and they weren't just interested in flowers, so it's probably not a good guide for normal growers.

Also, a lot depends on the weather conditions, which fluctuate every year, and the soil, and the amount of light etc.

I started growing several Thai sativa strains outdoor from seed some time after the June liberalisation, so your plants are well ahead of mine.

I'll ask around, but it might take a day or two.

Do you know which strain they are? That might help to get a more accurate answer.

On 12/8/2022 at 9:57 PM, nupersoodles said:

Depends what strain, some will take quite a while to kick in and if you have a light-source nearby (such as streetlighting, or a floodlight) there's a fair chance they won't flower at all regardless of what they are (unless they're autos).

My plants have always flowered despite street lights, the moon, the woman turning on the outside lights, etc. I always think the 'streetlighting' tale is from those who have never grown.

This is currently flowering by my living room window ........

IMG_20221210_075751.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Nice one Britman. I'm always impressed with your many different approaches to growing and your sharing of information.

None of us here can claim to be an expert outdoor grower in Thailand (assuming we started in June 2022), so experimentation and information sharing is the key.

By the way, I talked to a couple of dealers and marketeers about this question last night, but I'd say their replies were optimistic marketing blurb rather than personal experience.

I'm meeting an outdoor organic farmer on Monday (social not business), and I'll pop the question then.

cheers

• Like 1

17 hours ago, oldscool said:

A good question!

The large outdoor grow that I know very well is unusual in that it was a sponsored research grow, and the research objectives were to assess different growing methods for different levels of CBD/THC, and they weren't just interested in flowers, so it's probably not a good guide for normal growers.

Also, a lot depends on the weather conditions, which fluctuate every year, and the soil, and the amount of light etc.

I started growing several Thai sativa strains outdoor from seed some time after the June liberalisation, so your plants are well ahead of mine.

I'll ask around, but it might take a day or two.

Do you know which strain they are? That might help to get a more accurate answer.

There is a dispensary by my house that has a plant that looks exactly like mine out front. This is what common sativa looks like grown here, tall and thin. I bought six of these as foot tall plants from a vendor at a fresh market. Grew the rest from what they told me were feminized seeds but...   

We've had an incredible amount of rain this year and it's still raining in Phuket. I did trim them back once but I should have done it a number of times. They might have still looked like this. First crop. 

In reply to Pinot's question about how long it takes to grow Thais sativas outdoors here.

I asked 2 outdoor organic farmers, and they advise that seed to harvest is up to 9 months, with 4-6 months of veg during which time the plants will show gender, and 2-3 months of flowering. A long time compared to indoor grows, but you're only limited by the size of your garden and the permission that your Thai partner has for growing. And they grow all year round of course.

There might be variations on this because Thailand is about 1,750 km north to south and has several different  microclimates, and corresponding landraces, though I'm sure all Thai landraces will grow anywhere in Thailand.

If you’re looking for seeds relevant to your region, Zomia offer a range of landrace seeds. I believe they have a seedbank in Bkk and offer discounts to Thai residents. They specialize in SE Asian and Asian landraces and their website is really informative (I’m not affiliated in any way).

https://www.zomiacannabisco.com/

Another way to buy seeds for Thai landrace strains is to buy seedy bud via twitter or FB. I’ve found half a dozen of the Thai landraces that way, but Zomia has the full set, or did when I last checked.

Anyway folks, my vacation starts tomorrow, so I’ll wish you a cool Yule etc and see you next year. Cheers.

• Like 1

I've settled down my grow now to a constant cycle ..........

Cuttings and veg tent (the veg plants are carried outside for the day and put in shade) 8 cuttings taken last week, 5 plants in veg. The cuttings stay inside with just light from the window, the tent light is only used at night to stop everything flowering (total 16hrs)

IMG_20221212_182833.jpg

Flower plants, outside all the time but carried from shade to shelter at night or in bad weather. These two just put out today

IMG_20221212_182913.jpg

Nearly at harvest plants, on my windowsill for night/morning, outside in shade for the afternoons. This Tropical Punch is nearly ready to harvest.

IMG_20221212_183514.jpg

If it looks like wind/rain, they just stay inside for the day and night.

These are all grown in a Peat moss/bag soil/perlite mix and watered with WESCO 30-20-10+TE at 6.0ph every day.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2