My Gas Bottle Is Running Out

JetsetBkk

1 hour ago, JetsetBkk said:

couple of years

You sure don't cook much.

As pointed out by Hammer, your neighbor should be able to point you to the closest place to exchange your gas bottle. 

It's roughly 425 baht. 

Very tidy under your sink! 

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

You can fill it up at a gas station.

Look for the LPG sign

I always do that now after an experience several years ago. Bought a brand new 4 kg gas bottle for the Wife to cook on outside ( frying chillis!!). When it ran out the Father in Law was visiting, and he took it to the shop for a refill. He came back with the oldest, mankiest, rusty bottle you have ever seen. When I asked the Wife were my new bottle was she said "oh, that is ok, they always give you a replacement to save you waiting for it to be filled. Needless to say, without repeating the swear words on here, I went to the shop with her, and got my new bottle back. The look on the guy's face was a picture to behold.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

You sure don't cook much.

As pointed out by Hammer, your neighbor should be able to point you to the closest place to exchange your gas bottle. 

It's roughly 425 baht. 

Very tidy under your sink! 

Actually, I also have a gas cooker with a separate identical bottle. That one has "March, Sai Yuan" stuck to it on a "Post-It" sticker.

I don't think that was March this year...  ????

Edited by JetsetBkk
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Muhendis said:

You can fill it up at a gas station.

Look for the LPG sign

LPG cylinders require periodic hydrostatic pressure testing for safety reasons. The date of the last pressure test should be stamped on the neck of the bottle. Taking it to a vendor and exchanging it for a full bottle should ensure that you get an 'in date' bottle.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

As you seem to have gas located inside home give a good inspection to that plastic hose and might be wise to invest in a leak safety regulator which will cut off flow in case of a leak.  Can buy as package with new hose for reasonable price.

image.jpeg.1d3caf3b0e8660c116b9387448aea5d5.jpeg

Here are pictures of my two regulators. 

Can you determine from the photos if they are of the type that you recommend?:

408027446_HobIMG_20220827_122944crop800.jpg.61d4780a2624dc2facd8048f74d42c20.jpg

2088518554_CookerIMG_20220827_132836crop800.jpg.5a23292134e0da2f9da5f5413c24ae43.jpg

^ Not 645 baht as on sticker, but 465 baht.

Edited by JetsetBkk

12 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

They are not the safety type - that type will have the brass button that you can press to restart gas flow as in my photo.  They do not cost that much more and adds a bit more safety.

Thanks, I'll get a couple of these:

1593406464_RegulatorandTube2022-08-2714_27_01-Greenshot.jpg.32e2a0468ed2f551a9d15d79780b0e50.jpg

On 8/27/2022 at 9:36 AM, AhFarangJa said:

I always do that now after an experience several years ago. Bought a brand new 4 kg gas bottle for the Wife to cook on outside ( frying chillis!!). When it ran out the Father in Law was visiting, and he took it to the shop for a refill. He came back with the oldest, mankiest, rusty bottle you have ever seen. When I asked the Wife were my new bottle was she said "oh, that is ok, they always give you a replacement to save you waiting for it to be filled. Needless to say, without repeating the swear words on here, I went to the shop with her, and got my new bottle back. The look on the guy's face was a picture to behold.

I don’t blame you the ones we use are our own and refill.

I have never seen any requirement here about internal inspection.

The couple we had in Australia for the barbecue had to be inspected every x years and stamped.

They wouldn’t refill them otherwise.

• Like 1