Embassy asking more documents than the eVisa

Hi everyone,

Looking to get a non-immigrant O visa 3 months.

On its website the thai embassy asks for proof of hotel booking for 7 days, and proof of retirement.

No problem with that, but the eVisa doesn't allow to upload anywhere these two items (for that kind of visa).

The embassy doesn't respond to mails...

Any idea what i should do ?

Thanks

Could no agree more.  RTE in London website application for Non O has such a ridiculous number of demands that i gave  up and came on 'no visa' entry, hoping to extend when in Thailand. 

No problems with entry , now waiting to see how easy to extend to Retirement visa.

If Thailand want longer term tourists, why does it no make it easy to get a long term visa??

I sued to get Non Imm. visa a London.  So easy, fill in a single page form. pay fee, and collect visa next day.  No need for all thsi supporting doc. stuff;  hotel booking, copies of passport pages

• Like 1

Thanks

This is for the thai embassy in Paris

I only want a 3 months visa. I could ask for a tourist visa, but then will need a visit to the immigration office for a 30 days extension, and that would be a waste of time. Whereas being over 50, non-imm O would get me 90 days straight.

I am inclined to merge the additional documents with others into a single pdf file, hoping they will spot what they want.

Apparently embassy requirements vary by country, and that is not compatible with a single worldwide eVisa procedure. The joy of bureaucracy.

I understand eVisa is a progress for people living far from the embassy, but there is a lot of room for improvement. Hopefully things will get better with time.

Cheers

Edited by Big FranK
Font too big

14 hours ago, JimTripper said:

The e-visa application is just routed to the embassy according to their website. I'm assuming the embassy will contact me for the additional docs. In my prior experience they will contact you ifvfurther info is needed and not just deny.

The key word here is "assuming"... But yes, that's what i am hoping for. I am probably over anxious as it is my first try with eVisa, not knowing if someone will even process my application. I prefer having someone i can talk to, like in the old days.

37 minutes ago, Big FranK said:

not knowing if someone will even process my application. I prefer having someone i can talk to, like in the old days.

Nobody really has time to talk to people who cannot differentiate between a visa and a permission to stay. 

2 hours ago, Big FranK said:

The key word here is "assuming"... But yes, that's what i am hoping for. I am probably over anxious as it is my first try with eVisa, not knowing if someone will even process my application. I prefer having someone i can talk to, like in the old days.

I don't want to talk, I just want to submit a complete application and get the visa via mail.

Btw - In my early days many years ago I got a call from the Embassy about sending in more docs and it was a nightmare. Some stressed out and confused Thai lady kept calling at 8 am in the morning while I was asleep and did not speak good English. I ended up having to re-schedule my flight with a hefty fee, had the visa package mailed back (they did not charge the visa fee) and just flew in exempt and took it from there. I still remember that. So talking to someone there may not be your best option.

Edited by JimTripper

You have a point, eVisa is probably less worrysome than it seems.

But i am still wondering why the eVisa has no way to upload some documents asked by the embassy, and how to do it. Maybe it is simply because they haven't updated their website yet. Anyway my next eVisa will be easier, or so i hope.

Edited by Big FranK

Can anyone who has used the E-Visa application system in the UK tell me if there is anywhere within it which allows the applicant to send a message to the immigration person who is dealing with the application ?     

Just I want to apply for a 3 months Non Imm (Marriage) visa but will be staying for 6 months as I plan to extend once I get there.  I'm concerned that when they see from my return flight date and number of days quoted is longer than 3 months visa applied for they will reject the application without recourse and I lose £60 in the process.  So need somewhere to explain that is what my intention is.     Anyone else tried this already ?