Minced Beef.

NoshowJones

5 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Your location in Thailand would help.

Makro Pattaya do sell A and B grade mince beef.

Makro in Nakorn Nowhere may not.

I live close to Nakhon Nowhere and we have beef in Makro.

Tastes like cardboard, but there are many varieties.

• Like 1

Starting next month here in BKK a new warehouse style store on the same line as Costco in the US and S&R in the Philippines will be opening up here, It is called TOP's Club.  Of course it will be a membership style store, but then they should have better quality meats.  I ran into a pop-up yesterday at Central Embassy, and picked up some of my favorite Coffee from the US as well as a few other items, they were exactly the price I paid for them in February in the US before I came back home to BKK.  More stores on the horizon.....

https://insideretail.asia/2022/08/02/central-retail-to-launch-tops-club-wholesale-concept-in-thailand/

https://www.nationthailand.com/business/40018380

20220827_194318.jpg

20220827_194307.jpg

20220827_183729.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Starting next month here in BKK a new warehouse style store on the same line as Costco in the US and S&R in the Philippines will be opening up here, It is called TOP's Club.  Of course it will be a membership style store, but then they should have better quality meats.  I ran into a pop-up yesterday at Central Embassy, and picked up some of my favorite Coffee from the US as well as a few other items, they were exactly the price I paid for them in February in the US before I cam back home.

https://insideretail.asia/2022/08/02/central-retail-to-launch-tops-club-wholesale-concept-in-thailand/

https://www.nationthailand.com/business/40018380

Hope they plan a Chonburi store too !!

Have a look on line.

250 baht if your power source

( right arm ) is ok.

????

Other types, 1000 baht and up for electric.

Comes with sausage making nozzle.

Buy your pork, beef or whatever and have a go.

Good recipes for sausages etc on line.

Friend tried both types of sausage skins and prefers the natural to the collagen type.

images (6).jpeg

7518fa783f9fd892277cbebfecf673e5.jpg_720x720q80.jpg_.webp

Edited by overherebc

On 8/28/2022 at 5:41 AM, MJCM said:

Why not buy one of these

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/philips-series-5000-hr222500-i3509395034-s13062594628.html

And then buy the beef in your favourite store and mince it. This way you can control the thickness of the mince meat yourself.

We use this attachment for itmince.jpg.1ad7e26824145e3e6bacfce136a95f2b.jpg

Erm, a chopper costing 300 baht will do the job. I know, because I do it often. 

I prefer to make my own as then I know what's in it. The stuff on display in supermarkets is often exposed to the air, so will have more bacteria everywhere. Also sometimes a red colour is added so you don't notice it's changing colour.

Made yourself, much less surface area with bacteria from the beginning. Plus you can control the fat content and meat quality. Often cheaper than bought mince.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Have a look on line.

250 baht if your power source

( right arm ) is ok.

????

Other types, 1000 baht and up for electric.

Comes with sausage making nozzle.

Buy your pork, beef or whatever and have a go.

Good recipes for sausages etc on line.

Friend tried both types of sausage skins and prefers the natural to the collagen type.

images (6).jpeg

7518fa783f9fd892277cbebfecf673e5.jpg_720x720q80.jpg_.webp 39.78 kB · 1 download

Electric starts from between 200 and 300 baht, if you don't mind supporting Chinese economy via Lazada/Shopee et al.

2 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Electric starts from between 200 and 300 baht, if you don't mind supporting Chinese economy via Lazada/Shopee et al.

At that price for electric how many would you have to buy in a year?

If you're really so anti then buy one from Germany.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 11:36 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

I got this from Makro Chanthaburi yesterday. If they have it here in this out of the way place, they most likely have it in most other Makros. And for what it's worth, I finished my first meal using it right before reading this post and thought to myself, "This was one of the best meals I've ever had."

Makro Beef.jpg

Agreed, this is one of the finest.

• Like 1