Malaysia’s Firefly Airlines launches its first Penang-Phuket flight on Friday to facilitate Malaysian tourists to Thailand

webfact

image.jpeg

By Nop Meechukhun

Phuket – Malaysia’s Firefly Airlines launched its first flight from Penang, Malaysia, to Phuket, Thailand, on Friday, August 26th, traveling four flights per day to accommodate tourists to the island.

Nantasiri Ranasiri, Director of the TAT Phuket Office, along with Departmental Directors of Phuket International Airport welcomed and gave welcoming souvenirs to a total of 126 passengers traveling on the inaugural flight of Firefly Airlines, Flight Number FY3600, from Penang on Friday.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/08/28/malaysias-firefly-airlines-launches-its-first-penang-phuket-flight-on-friday-to-facilitate-malaysian-tourists-to-thailand/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-08-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Nice to get a window seat on this one. 

Did a similar trip Penang-Trang by land once: left around 8am and got to Trang at dusk, add another few hours to Phuket.  Three minibuses.  That US$50 fare is definitely worth it.

image.png.92ae741c0abc718224bc0c6ed8753023.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 9:25 AM, arithai12 said:

More like four per week: Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri.

It's not going to be successful.

Flights will be expensive for the average Malay family.

Once a few Malaysian post on all the cons, ripoffs, etc the few ones who might come will cancel.

I like Phuket, don't get me wrong.  But I've come to realize there's definitely better beach destinations to spend my money at. 

10 hours ago, stuarty said:

like what

Koh Lipe, Koh Lanta, Koh Phang Ngan, Koh Samui, Koh Chang, etc. 

When we go we usually stay in a 5 star hotel directly on the beach so I enjoy it. (Phuket).  You'll need 10,000-15,000 baht a day for a family a family of 5.

.... Or you could pretend you're on Holiday and stay in some dumpy hotel blocks from the beach eating street food.  Still need 5,000 baht a day.