Websites to Book Flights to the UK ?

freedomnow

Anyone have a preferred booking website they use and any reason why...skyscanner/cheapflights....or book direct with airlines ?

Seems I keep getting scalped on fine print refund rules if a flight is cancelled by them or myself...about 4th time this year.

No longer book with agents myself after my incoming flight on a multi-leg booking was retimed and the remaining transit time became less than the minimum for that particular airport. The agent refused to rebook me on an earlier flight because the new arrival time was only 10 minutes later. Caused me some serious stress! 

• Sad 1

Today I was forced to cancel a hotel booked through Agoda. I received refund in seven hours. I know hotels and flights are different and, in this case, there was no human contact. Nevertheless, I thought that was good service. I've never booked flights through them. Has anyone done so and have any experience good or bad?    

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, treetops said:

The guy is asking about where is best to book flights from Thailand to the UK, and why.  What on earth is your post doing here?

The OP is asking about agents and airlines. The general consensus of opinion is that, particularly since Covid, flights should be booked directly with airlines. Agoda is recommended by many for booking hotels. However, you can also book flights through them. Would it not follow that if customers find them good for hotels then they might be good for flights also? 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

The OP is asking about agents and airlines. The general consensus of opinion is that, particularly since Covid, flights should be booked directly with airlines. Agoda is recommended by many for booking hotels. However, you can also book flights through them. Would it not follow that if customers find them good for hotels then they might be good for flights also? 

NO!

21 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Today I was forced to cancel a hotel booked through Agoda. I received refund in seven hours. I know hotels and flights are different and, in this case, there was no human contact. Nevertheless, I thought that was good service. I've never booked flights through them. Has anyone done so and have any experience good or bad?    

Last October i booked my quarantine through Agoda and they applied their standard refund policy, which came to an end 10 days before booking due to start.

At the end of September the government changed the rules on quarantine so I was overbooked. As this change was 3 days after the refund period ended Agoda refused the refund.

I initiated a chargeback which they initially contested but the bank fought my corner and resolved it in my favour.

Hell would freeze over before I ever booked a flight with them.

Edited by sandyf
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Last October i booked my quarantine through Agoda and they applied their standard refund policy, which came to an end 10 days before booking due to start.

At the end of September the government changed the rules on quarantine so I was overbooked. As this change was 3 days after the refund period ended Agoda refused the refund.

I initiated a chargeback which they initially contested but the bank fought my corner and resolved it in my favour.

Hell would freeze over before I ever booked a flight with them.

Thank you for this. It would appear Agoda are no different to any other agent then? Pleased that you didn't lose out in the end!

• Thanks 1