Multi-Vitamins in Thailand

WaveHunter

10 hours ago, xylophone said:

Another study on Multivitamins has shown that they can be beneficial....................

I haven't read all previous posts , but ...

my understanding is the common cheap multi-vitamins that people buy have horrible "fillers" that are really bad for you.

I don't buy multi-vitamins anymore.

and try to get most vitamins from food as much as possible. 

2 hours ago, save the frogs said:

I haven't read all previous posts , but ...

my understanding is the common cheap multi-vitamins that people buy have horrible "fillers" that are really bad for you.

I don't buy multi-vitamins anymore.

and try to get most vitamins from food as much as possible. 

There are some good multivitamins out there and Centrum is one of them, however there are plenty around if you care to look for them, however if you are following a balanced diet (whatever balanced means) then good on you.

Did not read previous post, but anyone interested in 'quality' multi vitamins, the Kirkland brand has been tested, by folks that do that sort of thing, and found their labeling to be honest.  You get what you pay for.

I buy mine & Vit C, from LAZ, and simply a 'supplement' to my lack of proper healthier fruit & veggy consumption.  Peace of mind, that I'm getting the proper nutrients, and seems to keep my immune system working just fine, as I simply don't get sick.  

May or may not be a waste of money, but such a small amount ...

... I don't care.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 4:07 PM, fredwiggy said:

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but multivitamins are a waste of money. You get the B vitamins eating protein rich foods, C from any fruit and many vegetables, minerals from all foods, and Vitamin D from the sun. E is a fat soluble vitamin, and you don't need that much, especially since you can get it from wheat germ, peanuts, nuts, some oils, sunflower seeds, nuts and greens, whichever you might eat.  The only thing women who are pregnant need is folic acid.I searched for a quick link you can read............https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/is-there-really-any-benefit-to-multivitamins

Vitamin D from the sun.....How many Thais would follow the advise and get an healthy color in the sun?

• Like 1

And a strong reason not so many died from Covid. People don't go out in the sun here for a healthy color. They work out in the sun, as far as the millions of farmers.

9 minutes ago, h90 said:

Vitamin D from the sun.....How many Thais would follow the advise and get an healthy color in the sun?

Look around and see all the brown skin. The white skinned were originally brown.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Confused 1