Bangkok Braces for Northern Runoff, High Tide

snoop1130

1661767780_213094-tnamcot.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 29 (TNA) – The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) and the military work together to reinforce flood embankments to cope with looming impacts from northern runoff along with high tide and rainwater.

Bangkok governor Chatchart Sittipunt visited the Royal Thai Naval Dockyard in Bangkok Noi district to give moral support to soldiers deployed to install sandbags to protect riverside communities from possible flooding.

The city hall sought cooperation from the military to install sandbags at two sections and 100 soldiers were deployed to help BMA’s officials to carry out the operations.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1007244

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-08-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) and the military work together to reinforce flood embankments to cope with looming impacts from northern runoff along with high tide and rainwater.

Sanbags are their only answer..

Hmm, it is now 2022, so 2050 is in the future for those that can add.

I am more inclined to believe that maybe by 2150, the ocean level may rise enough to over take Bangkok.

Then again even though I do believe that the world may be warming itself up and climate change is

happening, I am not a climate alarmist.   I can see that many places in the world are being affected by 

hotter or wetter weather than usual, but I am sure there have been some times in the past, maybe 

distant past of more than 100 years, where the weather has been extreme as well. Hopefully the sky is

not falling as well.