Bangchak announces 10 billion Baht investment plans to make aviation fuel from used cooking oil

webfact

While working in the Arctic islands during the 70's, Twin Otters ran on stove oil with zero problems. Just paint the top of the wing behind the engines flat black to mask the stains.

Northward Airlines, Kenn Borek Air  which flew all over including Resolute to the North Pole.

Jet engines or turbo props - no problem.

We even started a DC3 with a long rope and a pickup truck !!!

On 9/1/2022 at 10:18 AM, herfiehandbag said:

You used to be able ( in the UK) to get kits to refine old cooking oil to use instead of diesel. 

Given the howls of anguish about diesel prices it seems a cheaper way of reusing the stuff.

I would be a bit wary of flying in an airliner powered by the stuff.

sorry not for me 33000 ft in the air on used chip oil  Nope

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

There have been instances of watered down fuel being provided at some airports. 

That would be considered a high criminal act in the eyes of the ICAO, IATA, IFALPA, and other int'l governing/regulatory bodies. I'm sure there are devious goings on of this nature here and there - taking the chance that the suspected airports/airlines could be heavily fined and shut down indefinitely. 

Edited by zzaa09

9 hours ago, connda said:

So they are going to make fuel that is 2x as much as normal AvGas and call it a win?  Really.  Cui bono - Who benefits?

The proposers, just imagine the kick-backs from B 10 billion, nice little earner.