Non O Savannakhet

I am considering a trip to Savannakhet to apply for a 1-year Non O Multi entry visa based on marriage. This is the type of visa I had before Covid restrictions shut everything down. 

Does anyone have recent experience of this type of visa in Savannakhet? And, do you know of any changes in the application process from the pre-covid period? 

1 minute ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

I drive

Do not plan driving the last 75k into Yasothon at night nor any of the road from Yasothon to Mukdahan at night. They are extremely treacherous in the dark. (I've done it before in 2018. It's better than before, but we (my son driving) didn't quite make it before the sun went down getting into Yasothon Monday night. He quit on me after the experience. ???????? (I was a little frazzled, too, riding shotgun.)

13 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Do not plan driving the last 75k into Yasothon at night nor any of the road from Yasothon to Mukdahan at night. They are extremely treacherous in the dark. (I've done it before in 2018. It's better than before, but we (my son driving) didn't quite make it before the sun went down getting into Yasothon Monday night. He quit on me after the experience. ???????? (I was a little frazzled, too, riding shotgun.)

I too avoid at all costs driving in the dark, it's treacherous enough in broad daylight.

However many of the main roads around Yaso are or have been dualled and many sections have lighting so things are improving especially when compared to 10 years ago when I first came here to Yaso.

39 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

for many it's as simple as not wanting deal with Thai immigration offices. 

Of course it is.

17 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

need a day or two to recover. I drive to and from Pathum Thani. It's a 'ruff' trip, especially from Saraburi to BKK after a long previous 5-6 hours. (I spend the night in Yasothon and drive back from there).

3 hours ago, Andycoops said:

I too avoid at all costs driving in the dark, it's treacherous enough in broad daylight.

17 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Lovely, relaxing holiday trips. ???? 

17 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

That's a lot of time and hassle when you could just get a <30,000thb agent due to not having enough funds. 

Read again please

On 9/1/2022 at 8:13 PM, sjbrownderby said:

I am considering a trip to Savannakhet to apply for a 1-year Non O Multi entry visa based on marriage

The Keyword here is Marriage. Not many agents will/can do that extension because the decision to grant the extension is not with your local IO, but with regional Headquarters.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Of course it is.

Lovely, relaxing holiday trips. ???? 

Read the OP....

". This is the type of visa I had before Covid restrictions shut everything down"

Clearly he has used this visa previously and must be his preferred option..

He is simply asking for update re process at Savannakhet and you chime in with use of agent. 

Perhaps he has never heard of agents. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

The Keyword here is Marriage. Not many agents will/can do that extension because the decision to grant the extension is not with your local IO, but with regional Headquarters

Excellent point.

Don't think OP mentioned being over 50. 

Non O retirement+ extensions may not be an option

28 minutes ago, MJCM said:

The Keyword here is Marriage. Not many agents will/can do that extension

Lots can. 26,000thb.

Given that the multi entry visa costs 5k, then all the traveling, hotels, and the border runs every 90 days - will the borders be shut again within the next 12 months? 

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

must be his preferred option

Replace preferred with only? No one with the funds to do an annual extension for 1,900thb is going to choose the ME option nowadays. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

because the decision to grant the extension is not with your local IO, but with regional Headquarters.

Yeah but is the mountain of paperwork not submitted to local IO then sent to regioanl headquaters for approval?

On 9/2/2022 at 4:07 PM, JeffersLos said:

That's a lot of time and hassle when you could just get a <30,000thb agent due to not having enough funds. 

The OP, would not have a non O marriage.

Provide agent name to obtain non O marriage along with 12 month extension for under 30k.

Dreamworld. 

Mind you all irrelevant as the OP has not indicated notion of using agent. 

Edited by DrJack54

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Name ONE agent that does non O marriage+ extension for 26k

I'm not naming them on the open forum.

If anyone requires their service I'm happy to pass the poster's personal contact details to them in private. ????

Oh, and yes, you're wrong. ???? 

Edited by JeffersLos

1 minute ago, JeffersLos said:

I'm not naming them on the open forum.

If anyone requires their service I'm happy to pass the poster's contact details to them in private. ????

Oh and yes, you're wrong. ???? 

I deal with agents often.

Please post facts. 

I know the cost of various visa assistance from agents. 

Most of which do not even deal with non O marriage.

You prove my point with the big secret routine. 

Basically no idea. 

However again...the OP has not indicated any interest in use of agent. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

....ignore list...bye

That old chestnut, when shown to be clueless. How embarrassing.

On 9/1/2022 at 8:13 PM, sjbrownderby said:

Does anyone have recent experience of this type of visa in Savannakhet? And, do you know of any changes in the application process from the pre-covid period? 

Reports are that it's the same as before the pandemic. 

I'd however be wary due to unknown future situations with the borders of neighboring and nearby countries. In 180 days.... in 270 days.... in 360 days.... there's certainly no guarantee that borders will be open and flowing freely when you need to do your border runs. 

12 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

unknown future situations with the borders of neighboring and nearby countries. In 180 days.... in 270 days.... in 360 days.... there's certainly no guarantee that borders will be open and flowing freely when you need to do your border runs. 

Absolute nonsense. 

Post facts not hyperbole.

Edited by DrJack54

33 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Absolute nonsense. 

Off ignore already? ????????????

Just to mention again the truth of the situation.

42 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

In 180 days.... in 270 days.... in 360 days.... there's certainly no guarantee that borders will be open and flowing freely when you need to do your border runs. 

There is no guarantee about how open and free flowing the borders of neighboring and nearby countries are going to be in 270... 360... and even 180 days. ???? That should be a worry for anyone considering getting a ME visa and using it to do border runs from Thailand over the next 12 months. ????

Edited by JeffersLos

4 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Off ignore already? ????????????

Just to mention again the truth of the situation.

There is no guarantee about how open and free flowing the borders of neighboring and nearby countries are going to be in 270... 360... and even 180 days. ???? That should be a worry for anyone considering getting a ME visa and using it to do border runs from Thailand over the next 12 months. ????

Oh dear.

Currently borders are open and you suggest will be closed over next 12 months. 

Can't make this stuff up.