Soi dog menace: Residents turn to the media because the local authority do nothing

webfact

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

i like dogs, good clean house dogs, but not those soi dogs, they are dangerous.

I totally understand.

I've got two sweet Golden Retrievers.  All vaccinated and friendly.

Soi dogs aren't really a problem up here in the open country.

The adjoining village though they can be downright vicious and avoiding there excrement can be dicey.  All that dogs**t running into there water supply.  Brainless. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

I totally understand.

I've got two sweet Golden Retrievers.  All vaccinated and friendly.

Soi dogs aren't really a problem up here in the open country.

The adjoining village though they can be downright vicious and avoiding there excrement can be dicey.  All that dogs**t running into there water supply.  Brainless. 

aha ...  yeah I just forced my friend to get a Golden Retriever also, because his mate needed a friend to play with each day so I payed half ...  hahaha ,  I couldn't stand watching how bored he was day in day out.   two really great dogs ...

image.png.c234ecd26fc9e756a4fe15025c97d10f.png

image.png.6a5365e71b220ef5e28d25b315407490.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

aha ...  yeah I just forced my friend to get a Golden Retriever also, because his mate needed a friend to play with each day so I payed half ...  hahaha ,  I couldn't stand watching how bored he was day in day out.   two really great dogs ...

Thats cool.

Great for the dogs to have a mate to play with.

How much? 

15 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Thats cool.

Great for the dogs to have a mate to play with.

How much? 

The guy wanted 6000, I told my friend to tell him 5,000 ..and he accepted.  The other doggy was 16k i think, both bought as puppies obviously ..

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, steven100 said:

The guy wanted 6000, I told my friend to tell him 5,000 ..and he accepted.  The other doggy was 16k i think, both bought as puppies obviously ..

5,000 for one of ours.  

Last week he tried to eat a poisonous toad. He's finally recovering.  

Enjoy your weekend. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 8:24 AM, ezzra said:

Hire a licensed dog catcher corral the fury beasts and take them to the city's pound or release them somewhere far, far away from the city...

Thank you for that wonderful piece of advice. As somebody who lives in rural Thailand, you won't object to passing out your address so that people can dump soi dogs with you for you to deal with.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I know of a neighborhood where the soi dogs reach critical mass then suddenly disappear semi-annually. No one complains, they're glad to see the beasts gone.

They did that on our estate once, rounded up 15 strays- then dumped them a couple of kilos up the road!

• Like 1

In suberban Ubon the local temple had a decent pack but during Covid numbers seem to have diminished noticeably…tough times and hungry mouths ? ????

anyway now as I walk my pack of 5 mongrels morning and arvo, they enjoy their little running battles with about 20 odd mutts spread across a few streets…but no street dogs all belong to a house even if most free range out on the street if they want

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/3/2022 at 11:21 AM, steven100 said:

Is that some dog sex toy, in front of the white poodle.

• Haha 1

Possibly locals could buy some tramadol at the local pharmacy, feed it to them all, muzzle them when they get tired with old belts or straps,  hire someone with large truck and put them all in the back.  Take all on a long journey and release. 

Multiple families pitchin in a several hundred baht for tramadol and the truck is all it would cost.

Spay and Neutering can work, but takes time, and big money for vets

On 9/3/2022 at 11:21 AM, steven100 said:

These dogs were procured here in Thailand?  Only seen a couple retrievers over the years where I live.  How do they fare in this hot humid climate? They need to run and exercise    

• Like 1

They cage people for assaulting other people ! But dogs assaulting people not so much.

Soi Dogs here myst be managed like people are managed! The vicious should be Caged ,they are a menace to society!They should take care of the others so that they cannot have pups also!

There also should be restrictions on residential areas ,1 dog per house! Can you imagine living next to 7 small highly strung dogs who bark oppressively all day and night!

39 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

These dogs were procured here in Thailand?  Only seen a couple retrievers over the years where I live.  How do they fare in this hot humid climate? They need to run and exercise    

correct .. and yes they are bred in Thailand.  They are taken to a big park regularly,  they fight ( play ) all day and all night so I think they get plenty.  yes ... they need to lay in front of a fan sometimes when it's too hot,  the siberian wolf did get sick from AC , the vet said he cannot handle ac continuously as his nose bleeds. 

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

correct .. and yes they are bred in Thailand.  They are taken to a big park regularly,  they fight ( play ) all day and all night so I think they get plenty.  yes ... they need to lay in front of a fan sometimes when it's too hot,  the siberian wolf did get sick from AC , the vet said he cannot handle ac continuously as his nose bleeds. 

Can I ask a few questions?

- Did you spay/castrate them?

- Where do you live? Out in the sticks or urban?

- Do you have kids?

I am asking because I am dedicated cats man (no pun) but I tend to get occasional pleasant conversation with local dogs during my daily walks. While still feel that the agressive ones should be eliminated.

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

Can I ask a few questions?

- Did you spay/castrate them?

- Where do you live? Out in the sticks or urban?

- Do you have kids?

I am asking because I am dedicated cats man (no pun) but I tend to get occasional pleasant conversation with local dogs during my daily walks. While still feel that the agressive ones should be eliminated.

To answer your questions ..

one dog yes .....  the other no.

urban

no

• Thanks 1