Masks in banks?

SidJames

57 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Quite the contrary, many of us believe the obsession with masks is due to scare mongering. Especially with regard to wearing masks outdoors in non crowded areas, on the beach, in your car, and on motorbikes. 

Are you still clinging to this quaint narrative that Thais wear masks on motorcycles because of covid?

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

They can't learn from the experience they gained by having to wear the masks for 2 years and actually having them to hand now?

To me, this is actually confusing.  What are you implying?  What do you want them to learn?  Should they have learned by now how uncomfortable the masks are and be more than ready to put them off?  Should they have acclimated to the masks now and just put them on without thinking?  Should they have learned how to adjust their budget to accommodate frequent mask purchases, and consider it all simply "normal" now?  Should they feel naked without one, having gotten used to using it for so long?  Or should they have learned how hard it is to breathe through a sweat- or rain-drenched mask and be quick to put the soggy thing away?  Should they have learned to avoid unwanted attentions by just donning the mask?  Perhaps they should have learned by now that they look more attractive with a mask on, as people can only see their beautiful eyes, not their aging mouths?

I would say anyone can learn.  But what should they have learned?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No its not... Look up the law. 

This argument came up recently about the car-park at a shopping mall. That is also a public area. 

Any area designated for public access is a public space - the front area of a bank, inside supermarket, a shopping mall, a restaurant, a bar... They may be privately owned, but they have ‘designated public spaces’....

Private businesses and organisations will also be able to apply their own mask-wearing rules – shops, taxis, and airlines.

The Thaiger, 24th June: It’s official – face masks now voluntary in most places in Thailand.

TPN media notes that private businesses and events have the ability and right to make mask wearing at their establishments and venues required, however.

The Pattaya News, 24th June: Thailand officially drops mask mandate in late night Royal Gazette order.

Seems like "private businesses and organizations" follows what mentioned...????

Edited by khunPer

1 hour ago, AsianAtHeart said:

To me, this is actually confusing.  What are you implying?  What do you want them to learn?  Should they have learned by now how uncomfortable the masks are and be more than ready to put them off?  Should they have acclimated to the masks now and just put them on without thinking?  Should they have learned how to adjust their budget to accommodate frequent mask purchases, and consider it all simply "normal" now?  Should they feel naked without one, having gotten used to using it for so long?  Or should they have learned how hard it is to breathe through a sweat- or rain-drenched mask and be quick to put the soggy thing away?  Should they have learned to avoid unwanted attentions by just donning the mask?  Perhaps they should have learned by now that they look more attractive with a mask on, as people can only see their beautiful eyes, not their aging mouths?

I would say anyone can learn.  But what should they have learned?

They should have learned that wearing a mask is not an issue. But some people will never learn, you apparently are one of them. Personally I’ve adjusted my budget to include a 20 baht pack of masks every couple of weeks.

Edited by Fairynuff
Typo
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 3:25 PM, possum1931 said:

When I was in Bangkok a few months ago before the mask wearing was dropped, I wore a mask for several hours during the afternoon, and my nose was running constantly, In early evening I had the worst runny nose ever and as soon as I got back to my hotel and took the mask off, after a short time my runny nose stopped.

After that my mask wearing stopped apart from going into a supermarket, or the MRT with my nose staying uncovered all the time. If ever I feel obliged to wear a mask to save any hard feelings from anyone, my nose will be staying uncovered.

This is very odd.  Was the mask new?  You know, you should have a new, clean mask each time you wear one and change it out every four hours or so.  I wasn't and developed some eye infections as my glasses would fog up from the mask wearing.  The news about new, clean masks from my eye doctor was, an "eye-opener".

Also, it's very possible that the Bangkok pollution was causing the runny nose and the mask was actually helping.  A good 24 hour allergy med could have helped.  That's also done wonders for my runny nose.

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

This is very odd.  Was the mask new?  You know, you should have a new, clean mask each time you wear one and change it out every four hours or so.  I wasn't and developed some eye infections as my glasses would fog up from the mask wearing.  The news about new, clean masks from my eye doctor was, an "eye-opener".

Also, it's very possible that the Bangkok pollution was causing the runny nose and the mask was actually helping.  A good 24 hour allergy med could have helped.  That's also done wonders for my runny nose.

Yes the mask was new, though I have been guilty of using the same one a few times, but until that time in Bangkok, I never wore one for much time at all and living upcountry I was usually in the house or out on the motorbike.

But I am not bothering about masks now apart from very occasionally.

On 9/5/2022 at 11:43 AM, connda said:

Unfortunately, the terminally fearful want people without any symptoms to wear masks so they themselves feel safe.  Which is ridiculous.  If people are fearful of contracting Covid (or any other airborne virus) then they themselves should mask with a high quality mask.  I'm not masking up for the benefit of someone else's paranoia when I don't have as much as a sniffle.

But you can be infected and infectious without any symptoms. The only way to be sure is to test before going out anywhere. And the mask is to protect others from you, not the other way around.

I left France a few weeks ago now where mask wearing has not been mandatory by law except certain medical facilities  and airports for some time and hardly anyone wears them. It's noteworthy that infection rates there are still very high but very serious illness requiring ventilation is not. It seems to me that as long as medical services can cope governments are much more relaxed about infection rates now. I was though required to wear a mask on my Air France direct flight to Bangkok throughout and the airports at both ends.

On 9/2/2022 at 5:01 PM, SidJames said:

I wonder why they still carry on like this.

Oh, just 'cause they do. You Fresh Off The Boat?

I like joking with the tellers at Bangkok Bank when they tell me to pull down my mask to check the match with my passport photo. I tell them "you first" and look repeatedly at their picture name plate to check their own match. This often get a laugh, esp. if she's not a match and I object to possible fraud.

• Like 1