Soi Dog carries out annual vaccination drive at Phuket Stray Dog Shelter

snoop1130

3 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

May be you should go first ...!

Soi Dogs are a huge problem in Thailand. 

Vaccinated or not.  They need to be neutered.

There freaking menace to society.  Not much better than rats. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, MrJ2U said:

Soi Dogs are a huge problem in Thailand. 

Vaccinated or not.  They need to be neutered.

There freaking menace to society.  Not much better than rats. 

Agreed that they need neutering. But that's all.

I've adopted local strays as pets and house dogs for nearly 30 years here. They make great guard dogs and keep other pests (rats, snakes, monitor lizards, etc) away from the house and garden.

Most 'soi dogs' are just discarded pets. Save the hysteria for the feckless <deleted> that throw them in the street when they stop being 'cute'.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, huangnon said:

Agreed that they need neutering. But that's all.

I've adopted local strays as pets and house dogs for nearly 30 years here. They make great guard dogs and keep other pests (rats, snakes, monitor lizards, etc) away from the house and garden.

Most 'soi dogs' are just discarded pets. Save the hysteria for the feckless <deleted> that throw them in the street when they stop being 'cute'.

Big problem.

• Confused 1

It is Thai behavior to not kill these dogs. In which case it is a good thing to ensure that the canine population is protected by vaccination - especially because stray Soi dogs could act as a reservoir of infection for beloved household dogs.

However - the realist in me , not the idealist - would suggest that euthanasia is the most correct course of action here. As I am a veterinarian - this may surprise some people.

Many of these Soi dogs are a menace and serve little purpose other than scavenge through the rubbish and help scatter it more evenly throughout the environment!! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, G Rex said:

It is Thai behavior to not kill these dogs. In which case it is a good thing to ensure that the canine population is protected by vaccination - especially because stray Soi dogs could act as a reservoir of infection for beloved household dogs.

However - the realist in me , not the idealist - would suggest that euthanasia is the most correct course of action here. As I am a veterinarian - this may surprise some people.

Many of these Soi dogs are a menace and serve little purpose other than scavenge through the rubbish and help scatter it more evenly throughout the environment!! 

Illegal in Thailand.