Thailand showing strong signs of travel recovery

webfact

On 9/3/2022 at 6:07 AM, webfact said:

Thailand is seeing a steady tourism revival, with nearly two million foreign visitors coming on shore in the first six months of this year.

Wasn't there an article here that the figure was 4 million 'tourists' had arrived so far this year recently?  My memory must be going as I can't keep up with the ever changing figures of 'tourists'.

• Like 1

I am not an expert, but it would seem that it isn't the number of tourists, but how much they spend.  Indians don't seem to have a reputation as big spenders.  The Chinese 

were coming in on Prepaid package tours and eating prepaid meals.;  So the numbers can be big but how much money is added to the economy. Then again, if you make it easy for retirees to come you have a steady cash flow.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 8:13 PM, Sparktrader said:

Its not their fault farangs are scared of living. Western media brainwashing.

500 and 600 baht rooms galore. Just turn up.

Probably better they dont come back. No airport lines.

Where did you get that foreigners are scared of living?

• Like 2

Well i dont know whwere they are all going the wife and i were showing a friend of a friend around Pattaya a couple of days ago  he was here for 3 days, we saw hardly any tourists ,bars were empty, his hotel was so cheap ,just to attract people,bjt very few there,went to Big  C north ,shelves half empty ,hardly anyone in there,