FBI found more than 11,000 government records at Trump's Florida home

onthedarkside

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It really needs to be stated that at the time , Trump was cooped up in the White house whilst there were Covid restrictions and he spent his time watching television , as many other people did .

The difference is that Trump actually had a job and a home office to work from. How exactly did covid restrictions keep him from doing his job? Was it the hazardous commute from his bedroom to the office?

• Like 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Following the news and getting updates was part of his job and watching himself doing speeches on the news would help him improve himself .

Self accessing his own performance and looking for ways to improve himself whilst watching himself on the news 

And he needed all morning to do that? That was his overwhelmingly top priority? It is to laugh.

Here's a compelling article from Dan Goldman and the NY Daily News

The possible path to prosecuting Trump: Democratic congressional nominee Dan Goldman lays out feds’ likely case

"When it comes to information “respecting the national defense” (which is not always classified information), the Espionage Act is a broad statute that does not necessarily require intent to disseminate or distribute such materials.

But in weighing whether a set of factual circumstances supports such a charge, prosecutors consider four factors: intent to distribute, clear knowledge of document importance, volume of the material and whether or not investigators have been lied to."

https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-oped-the-possible-path-to-prosecuting-trump-20220904-o7omj3c37zehdi6htwcwrjeb4y-story.html

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It really needs to be stated that at the time , Trump was cooped up in the White house whilst there were Covid restrictions and he spent his time watching television , as many other people did .

The article doesn't particularly refer to Covid lockdown time.

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

Biden has taken more time away than Trump or Barry.

And Trump spends more time hours watching daytime TV than any person with a job has any reason to. But clearly that was more important than intelligence briefings which he regularly skipped. Also, in his daily schedule, there were large multihour blocks of something mysterious called "executive time".

45 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Hate to spoil your rant but..........

https://nypost.com/2022/08/22/bidens-vacation-time-outstrips-trump-obama-bush-after-trip/

You really do go off topic often it seems.

From the link.

President Biden will wrap up a two-week vacation at his beach house in Rehoboth Beach, Del., Wednesday as one unofficial count indicates he has spent more time away from the White House than his three immediate predecessors at the same point in their terms.

It marked Biden’s 49th visit to the First State since entering the White House in January 2021 and brings the number of days he spent in Delaware to 150, according to an unofficial count by former CBS News reporter Mark Knoller

I made bold the counts which appeared to be unofficial and by a former CBS News reporter Mark Knoller.

Just because he was away from the White House does NOT mean that he was not working at all.

Edited by billd766
Added extra text

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

You clearly don't know when to drop off topic remarks.

Do you understand that you're indicting yourself with this comment also? I just responded to what you wrote. If you were responding to what someone else wrote along this line, that was the time to raise this objection. 

Edited by placeholder
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It does

This is from the very article :

"President Donald Trump is watching hours upon hours of TV while he's cooped up and cranky in the White House as the coronavirus drags on"

Because he was missing his golf trips?

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Do you understand that you're indicting yourself with this comment also? I just responded to what you wrote. If you were responding to what someone else wrote along this line, that was the time to raise this objection. 

I did with the other guy. Later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

When you're in the cult, you can't think clearly. Cult members would say, "I'll drink that Kool-Aid Reverend Jones !"

It's clear even here in comments. Posters will grasp every lie 45 tells and promote it as truth. The path from when the first article about this appeared simply follows each new lie 45 spouted, and the cult speaks in unison, chanting the latest lie.

45 could tell two diametrically opposed lies in the same sentence, and his cult will believe both.  They're that captured.

"Planted"

"I declassified all of them"

"I gave them all back"

"They're mine !"

His ever-changing stories are just a way station until he can find someone to blame, whether that's a staffer or rudy or a family member.

In his latest rally of the Goobers in PA, 45 praised putin as brilliant (despite now losing twice as many soldier in Ukraine since March than the US lost in 15 years of Vietnam...plus losing billions in weaponry and now even losing territory) and praised xi for 'running china with an iron fist'.  Funny, xi would take that iron fist against someone who broke laws like 45, and have him arrested, tried, convicted and executed all in the same day.

Bottom Line: 45 had no right to the docs. Their mere presence is proof of guilt. He declassified nothing. He lied about handing back everything.

He must know DoJ is building a multi-pronged case against him that will likely include several felony charges. Plus, DoJ is likely building cases against anyone who helped 45 break those laws. Behind the scenes plea bargaining is likely happening now, and more facts are being gathered that will convict 45 and send him to the slammer where he belongs.

Totally agree with you, but he'll never do jail time.

Best that can happen is house arrest and banned from running for public office.

9 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Wow!  Were you unaware that Presidents have always been allowed to work from the White House?  And that only Trump spent seven hours a day watching television?

I may have watched as much as seven hours of television in one day on infrequent occasions, but I've never watched that much on a regular basis.  It sounds mind-numbing.

Following the news and getting updates was part of his job and watching himself doing speeches on the news would help him improve himself .

Self accessing his own performance and looking for ways to improve himself whilst watching himself on the news 

Except Trump didn't watch the news, he watched the pundit programs that praised his every move.

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

Well, that works only if you count time at the Whitehouse as actual working time. I doubt that Biden spends his morning in a bathrobe watching cable news

Trump reportedly watches up to 7 hours of cable news every morning before getting to the Oval Office as late as noon

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-is-watching-7-hours-of-tv-and-getting-to-the-oval-office-at-noon-report-2020-4

Reportedly is not, by definition, factual.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

Here's a compelling article from Dan Goldman and the NY Daily News

The possible path to prosecuting Trump: Democratic congressional nominee Dan Goldman lays out feds’ likely case

"When it comes to information “respecting the national defense” (which is not always classified information), the Espionage Act is a broad statute that does not necessarily require intent to disseminate or distribute such materials.

But in weighing whether a set of factual circumstances supports such a charge, prosecutors consider four factors: intent to distribute, clear knowledge of document importance, volume of the material and whether or not investigators have been lied to."

https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-oped-the-possible-path-to-prosecuting-trump-20220904-o7omj3c37zehdi6htwcwrjeb4y-story.html

Blah, blah, blah. So many opinions that he should be prosecuted for so many different reasons but no charges laid.

Just do it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh my oh my, what planet did you arrive from? A president have people to inform him on whats going on out there and advise him 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That could be what this whole thing is about 

IMO it's everything to do with that, and they seem to be waiting a long time to arrest him, given they apparently knew what they were looking for, so one could assume it was something worth arresting him for. I suspect the charges will conveniently come early November.

If I were a Democrat, I'd be sweating about the mid terms, and welcome anything to distract the people from the chaos bad times going in the US.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1