Biden speech denouncing Trump, 'MAGA ideology' sparks threats, calls for violence

onthedarkside

27 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Look at the poll questions and responses on the poster and then tell me if the wording of the headline, or even your wording, is accurate and fair?

Would you care to highlight/quote the "poll questions and responses on the poster" you want people to look at so we know what you are referring to!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nauseus said:

Look at the poll questions and responses on the poster and then tell me if the wording of the headline, or even your wording, is accurate and fair?

The end of the question was "if they believe it was wrongly decided.". OK.

However, do you have any doubt that MAGA candidates will declare that they believe it was wrongly decided.? You know, the ones who also declared the 2020 election was rigged and did not commit to accept the midterm elections result.

The candidates have shown they may challenge the results if they lose, and the MAGA films have shown they are ready to believe them.

Additionally, the comparison between replies from Republican respondents and Dem respondents is eloquent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Since my reply covered the MAGA Republicans who refuse to concede the election in spite of any credible evidence the results were illegitimate, yes, I think my reply is accurate and fair.  The MAGA Republicans are among the 37% who will not concede an election regardless of the facts, and that is a serious threat to democracy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

Since my reply covered the MAGA Republicans who refuse to concede the election in spite of any credible evidence the results were illegitimate, yes, I think my reply is accurate and fair.  The MAGA Republicans are among the 37% who will not concede an election regardless of the facts, and that is a serious threat to democracy.

There was one question with three optional responses - from those, Yahoo created a misleading headline your MAGA-obsessed reply also ignores the wording of what was asked and answered. The right to challenge a decision must remain part of any true democracy.

c48ae5b0-3f64-11ed-a19c-c382d65e81d5.jpeg.jpg

Edited by nauseus

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

There was one question with three optional responses - from those, Yahoo created a misleading headline your MAGA-obsessed reply also ignores the wording of what was asked and answered. The right to challenge a decision must remain part of any true democracy.

As if there were no context....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

And the obligation to drop challenges when there is no legitimate basis for the challenges is also an essential part of any true democracy.

Sometimes people will drop challenges for the good of the country, as Al Gore did in  2020.  However Trump always puts himself ahead of all else, and MAGA Republicans always put Trump before country.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, riclag said:

Good ! The neo nazi’s are evil and very bad people like Trump proclaimed.There were  good people at that protest too and those 

would be the people who protest to keep the historical statue of Gen. Lee.

There are legitimate pros and cons to removing a statue ! 

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/

https://www.procon.org/headlines/historic-statue-removal-top-3-pros-cons

I do hope that you are not suggesting that Trump said that the Neo Nazis were good people, because that would be not telling the truth

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I do hope that you are not suggesting that Trump said that the Neo Nazis were good people, because that would be not telling the truth

The march was organized by white nationalists. So who were the good people marching with them?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The march was organized by white nationalists. So who were the good people marching with them?

Trump said

"I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally–but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists".

• Love It 1

8 hours ago, riclag said:

Good ! The neo nazi’s are evil and very bad people like Trump proclaimed.There were  good people at that protest too and those 

would be the people who protest to keep the historical statue of Gen. Lee.

There are legitimate pros and cons to removing a statue ! 

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/

https://www.procon.org/headlines/historic-statue-removal-top-3-pros-cons

The statues were mostly erected during the Jim Crow era, many years after the civil war. They are nothing but monuments to slavery and traitors who fought against their country's unity. 

Just 47% of Iowa Republicans say they would “definitely” vote for Trump if he is the GOP’s 2024 nominee, down from 69% in June 2021. The percentage who said they would “probably not” vote for Trump, “definitely not” vote for Trump, or sit out the presidential vote altogether if he was the Republican standard-bearer increased to 12% from 5% in June 2021.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/10/new-iowa-poll-shows-trumps-gop-support-dwindling/

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Trump said

"I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally–but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists".

Your quote is much better 

6 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Some Democrats don't know the difference between fact and fiction. Biden tells some real whoppers and makes them into BS stories. Fact check Please.

You'd need to tell us which lies and provide a link to show he said it then we could fact check them. Otherwise it's the same old story. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/30/2022 at 9:04 PM, nauseus said:

So is the right to believe that elves and fairies have manipulated the elections? But the fact is, those challenges were virtually unanimously shot down by the courts. Mostly based on a little thing called lack of evidence. Despite which, a majority of right wingers still believe that the election was stolen. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

So is the right to believe that elves and fairies have manipulated the elections? But the fact is, those challenges were virtually unanimously shot down by the courts. Mostly based on a little thing called lack of evidence. Despite which, a majority of right wingers still believe that the election was stolen. 

I don't think they do anymore. Certainly less every day. Fox' admission of lying about that has helped a lot. 

22 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Some Democrats don't know the difference between fact and fiction. Biden tells some real whoppers and makes them into BS stories. Fact check Please.

Most MAGA supporters also don't know the difference between fact and fiction. Biden tells some real whoppers and makes them into BS stories. Fact check Please.

They do however believe that anything that Trump says must be the the truth, and therefore does not need to be fact checked.

In 4 years Trump spouted over 30,xxx lies.

Please tell us all how many "lies" president Biden has spouted during a similar period.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/interactive/2021/biden-fact-checker-100-days/

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I don't think they do anymore. Certainly less every day. Fox' admission of lying about that has helped a lot. 

The latest poll I found on where Republicans stand on the 2020 election was done about 10 months ago:

Most Republicans still falsely believe Trump’s stolen election claims. Here are some reasons why.

In poll after poll, about 70% of Republicans say they don’t think Joe Biden is the legitimate winner of the 2020 election.

https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2022/70-percent-republicans-falsely-believe-stolen-election-trump/

• Like 1