Biden speech denouncing Trump, 'MAGA ideology' sparks threats, calls for violence

onthedarkside

39 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And was Biden endorsing QAnon, a movement which claims elites drink the blood of children to extend their lives? That The Storm is coming which is going to result in the mass executions of Deep State malefactors? That Donald Trump was secretly fighting a cabal of pedophiliacs who are shipping children around the country via a fake furniture manufacturer? And there's so much more.

In the basement of a pizzeria!! ????

It makes sense! Nothing 's better than a pizza slice to accompany a good pint of kid's blood! ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

Don't fall for this guff, concentrate on your survival

of whats coming.

I'm sure you're referring to reports coming from the voices in my head which tell me thatThanksgiving will be canceled this year because there is no God. I hope everybody appreciates the significance of ths...no Black Friday sales!. We are doomed.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, placeholder said:

You're not getting exercised about the fact that the person who consistently leads in polls to be the next Republican candidate for President is now endorsing a lunatic conspiracy theory? Do you think his endorsement is going to help it grow among Republicans, where it's already got a strong foothold?

A Quarter of Republicans Believe Central Views of QAnon Conspiracy Movement

Americans who most trust far-right news outlets are nearly five times as likely to believe the central views of the conspiracist movement, a study found.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2022-02-24/a-quarter-of-republicans-believe-central-views-of-qanon-conspiracy-movement

No. 2 years is a very long time in politics.

13 hours ago, placeholder said:

That's all you've got? You have no problems with a potential candidate for President who endorses a movement that claims a sinister political elite is drinking the blood of children, is shipping children arouond the country to satisfy their pedophiliac desires, and that The Storm is coming that will result in their mass execution? That really isn't enough for you? 

Let's just wait until JFK Jr comes back, he'll straighten all this out.  :cheesy:

But back on planet Earth (the un-flat version) something I noticed after DT attained the presidency is the MAGA fans truly believed that things would be better for them in particular, and that those who didn't vote for him would not (to put it in the context of American Christian evangelists: the good will be rewarded, the sinners will suffer).  I've heard people say it, I've heard it said in interviews, etc.  I can recall elections since Eisenhower (though  I was quite young at the time) but I never heard anyone express this "us and them" scenario.  Then Covid hit, and in the news I heard exasperated MAGA types say things like "we voted for him, this is not supposed to happen to us." 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, candide said:

In the basement of a pizzeria!!

Do bear in mind that the pizzeria in question did not have a basement.

And then there was the fruitcake in Texas who shot up a Planned Parenthood because the screams from the aborted fetuses were driving him mad.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's called "democracy". Till they ban freedom of speech it's allowed.

Where have I written that Trump or his supporters don't have the right to free speech? What has freedom of speech got to do with the fact the Republicans still support Trump despite the nasty lunacy he's espousing?  I almost admire the way you have introduced irrelevant observations twice in a row.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's called "democracy". Till they ban freedom of speech it's allowed.

If you consider, support for a ritualistic conspiracy-driven cult whose members perform violent acts and kill their wives and children akin to Jones of Guyana, "democratic" go right ahead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Belief in Qanon is in there with belief in vodoo, black magic, sorcery, etc.  It's disturbing that the Republican Party has degenerated to the point that a large number of its members believe this.  It's scary that a past and potentially future President is catering to this kind of primitive superstitious nonsense.

Republicans can’t win without the weirdo demographic. 

• Love It 1

3 hours ago, bendejo said:

According to historian John Meachum, 34% of the electorate is always wrong.

In a democracy one is allowed to be "wrong" ( in the opinion of those that think THEY are right ).

If only everyone thought the same as those that know that only they have the right opinion, what a wonderful world it would be.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, candide said:

Here we are!

2022 poll: Less than half of Trump voters say losing candidates should concede elections

https://news.yahoo.com/2022-poll-less-than-half-of-trump-voters-say-losing-candidates-should-concede-elections-205513021.html

c48ae5b0-3f64-11ed-a19c-c382d65e81d5.jpeg.jpg

That's a fascist anti democracy anti American POV. The nerve of those Trumpists to call themselves patriots. The press isn't the enemy of the people. They are.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, candide said:

Here we are!

2022 poll: Less than half of Trump voters say losing candidates should concede elections

https://news.yahoo.com/2022-poll-less-than-half-of-trump-voters-say-losing-candidates-should-concede-elections-205513021.html

c48ae5b0-3f64-11ed-a19c-c382d65e81d5.jpeg.jpg

Democracy doesn't work unless people accept election results. 

The MAGA crowd has made it clear that even after numerous recounts, audits, court rulings (many by Republican appointed judges) and in spite of the complete lack of credible evidence that there was fraud on a scale to influence the election result, they won't accept that their candidate lost.  Winning is more important to them that keeping the US a democratic republic.

That is a third world attitude.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, heybruce said:

The MAGA crowd has made it clear that even after numerous recounts, audits, court rulings (many by Republican appointed judges) and in spite of the complete lack of credible evidence that there was fraud on a scale to influence the election result, they won't accept that their candidate lost.  Winning is more important to them that keeping the US a democratic republic.

It's quite possible that the next midterm elections will be a complete mess. MAGA crooks like OZ will claim elections were rigged, MAGA electoral commissions and Governors may refuse to accept results, Trump will ask his fans to take to the street, etc...

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

That's not what the bloody thing says.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, candide said:

It's quite possible that the next midterm elections will be a complete mess. MAGA crooks like OZ will claim elections were rigged, MAGA electoral commissions and Governors may refuse to accept results, Trump will ask his fans to take to the street, etc...

I fully expect that when the Dems lose the house ( if not the senate as well ) they'll be making certain accusations ). ????

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I fully expect that when the Dems lose the house ( if not the senate as well ) they'll be making certain accusations ). ????

What accusations do you expect the Democrats to make?  Do you think that they will insist that, in spite of all evidence to the contrary, that the election was stolen?  Do you think the Democrats will act like MAGA Republicans?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

The "bloody thing" I replied to said that "Less than half of Trump voters say losing candidates should concede elections".  My post was very much in response to that dangerous view.

Look at the poll questions and responses on the poster and then tell me if the wording of the headline, or even your wording, is accurate and fair?