Big Bike parking at malls, CC requirement

TheLaughingMan

Hey I remember back in the day there was a special big bike parking section at a lot of malls, and they had a CC requirement, like only bikes above 600CC could park there or something like that.  What is the highest requirement youve seen and where?

Edited by TheLaughingMan

Saw a Big Bike parking area at Central World here when I was trying to find a car slot.  Instead of big bikes parked in it there were all these 125's etc....  The few big bikes I saw were parked up next to the walkway by the underground elevator entrance and they had cones in front and behind them, both bikes were HD's with full Faring's and Bags......Would have taken up a regular car slot.  In many places, if I ride my X-max I can not fit into the bike slots they have as they are two narrow...

Edited by ThailandRyan

I borrowed my daughter's Honda rebel 300, was going to park in the normal area because the big bike area said 400 I think it was and the guard came running and moved me to the bigbike area..

The guard didn't know but he would have moved me anyway. They have a practical way of seeing things in Thailand. 

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 1

As mentioned it depends on the mall. Have seen 250, 300, 400 and 500cc. Enforcement also depends on the malls. At Central Phuket they used to enforce back in the days. Nowerdays they don't and sometimes it gets really really full. At Central Udon Thani they seemed to enforce pretty strictly last time I was there. They had some lady there checking all bikes parked in the big bike parking area whom I chatted up. She mentioned she'd get a salary deduction if someone found bikes parked there that shouldn't. That felt a bit harsh but thinking back to Phuket... some russian dude came and parked a Click there. I mentioned to him that it's normally just for big bikes in a friendly tone. He didn't care. Parking staff was standing there so I asked if the rules are still in place and if he could park a Click there. He said no, not allowed. But that was it, he didn't do anything or tell the other dude. So yea I guess I can see where they were coming from in Udon Thani ????

9 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

I think I saw 800cc somewhere in Bangkok, but don't remember where anymore.

In most places it's 300cc up, some places 500cc up, anything higher is definitely rare.

Id be interested to know where they require 800cc, has anyone else seen that and remember where it is?

• 1 year later...

The closest mall to me, emquartier Bkk has a 650cc and above requirement.

Which is terrible for anything between 300-650 cause that the small bike area is usually overfilled to the point where even parking a 125cc is challenging.