Pattaya: Restaurant owner goes to police to report customer's post - she's forced to "grovel" with flowers

webfact

I'll be flying with Thai soon if I post a trip report on my flight where I complain about the Service or Food will I be summonse'd to the local plod or told to bring a bunch of flowers to the head office of Thai Airways for damaging their Reputation? lol, BarraMarra won't be using this Restaurant. Cringe Factor 10.

It's high time hotel and restaurant platforms stopped publishing reviews of places in Thailand, or included a warning saying that Thai law only allows sycophantic reviews. The number of stars in the review section should remain preset on 5 stars.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jayboy said:

The ludicrous restaurant owner was at fault.She was the one who brought in the police over really nothing at all.

And as to the effusive words of praise of her victim, she was obviously trying to bring the whole foolish episode to an end - perhaps reinforced by a double helping of 'prachot'.

The defamation laws here were written by cowards, and written for cowards. They are absolutely ridiculous. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Good That they show a picture of the owner anyway. Must make it easy for many to know what restaurant it is. Hopefully some damage anyway.

Given that the name of the restaurant was in the article it should be quite easy for everyone to identify.

4 hours ago, seajae said:

again we see the loss of face for screwing up someones order being turned into a pathetic spectacle, the owner should be the one appologizing for getting it wrong, hope they lose all their business and have to close for this BS action, time for some of these idiots to learn to accept fault for what they do

Apparently in Thai vegetarian fried rice, and 'talay' fried rice sounds similar.. Serving staff frequently are from neighboring countries too. The customer was charged for the cheaper vegetarian option.... so my Mrs was explaining to me. 

Still.... I got sick from a small Thai place last week...... better keep that to myself I suppose!

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

Also check via this!

https://www.dnsleaktest.com/

And do the Standard / Extended test if only your VPN providers DNS is listed.

Yep did both tests, and that ratbag grain is now in the UK. But seriously, are the BIB going to go to all the bother of doing VPN DNS tests to try and track down the real identity of someone over an online complaint about a plate of food? They can barely cope with all the serious crime on their hands. The only reason they get involved in any of these online bitch sessions is people use their real names and are very easily located.

5 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Once again, with all the issues going on in Thailand, why is this even news?

Seems to me this is a case of "posting mania" why not just take the dish back to the shop and talk face to face or just telephone and discuss, seems like just another person addicted to phone apps.

• Like 2

My posts should ONLY receive "Thanks."  Anything else and that hurts my reputation of an elite TVM poster!!!!!

This is my reputation people!!!!

One more "Sad" emoji thing and .............................. well......................  get ready to grovel!!!

• Haha 1

It's pretty insane that businesses can go after customers for negative reviews - even if the reviews are correct. A while ago I bought a perfume from an online platform starting with L, the perfume was very obviously fake or old and smelled terrible - I felt cheated and didn't want them to continue cheating other customers, so I posted a review. Very shortly after I get a message from the platform that my review was removed. So buyer beware - when you buy anything in Thailand the reviews are not necessarily reflective of what you're going to get - the negative ones get deleted. Lesson learned.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kennw said:

Seems to me this is a case of "posting mania" why not just take the dish back to the shop and talk face to face or just telephone and discuss, seems like just another person addicted to phone apps.

Amazing amount of Thai's everywhere glued to their smartphones.

Is it OK to say something like:

The dish I ordered was the Cream of  New York City Pigeon with Cajun blackened Albanian purple truffles (topped with pizza from the street). While tastes are subjective and many will love the dish to me it tasted like dog  <deleted>.

Asking for a friend.

3 hours ago, itsari said:

Too many customers complain over nothing .

Foreigners should be made more aware of the laws in Thailand.

Best policy is to not use the business again and forget crying to the world of your experience.

So you just get walked all over with bad service?

It is possibly to complain politely, it's all these muppets that live and post everything they do on FB and similar that end up in the poop.