Pattaya: Restaurant owner goes to police to report customer's post - she's forced to "grovel" with flowers

webfact

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why do people not use anonymous forums to complain? I'd never complain on line if I thought they could identify me.

That's what I always think. I never use my real name on any forums or FB or blogs. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, grain said:

That's what I always think. I never use my real name on any forums or FB or blogs. 

Do you also use a VPN all the time, because NOT connecting through a VPN will expose your REAL IP Address which is logged via your Internet provider and then the police can easily find you even you using a Fake Name on Forums or FB or Blogs!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

ASEAN NOW cautions against publicly shaming businesses in Thailand - even if you think you're in the right the law will most likely side with the business.

and there you go,  its very good advice,  but its beyond pathetic that such a situation exists here in LOS. Yes it was over the top by the customer, but even more over the top was the reaction of the business owner. That's social media for you.   No wonder they will never advance beyond 'average'  as a tropical tourist destination.  

Edited by Doctor Tom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Wiphada said it had all been a misunderstanding

Thailand, the hub of misunderstandings.

Oh well, at least the owner had a bright and shiny sphincter for a while after all that groveling .

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bigupandchill said:

can we take it from the report that the complainer was factually incorrect in her review? if her report had been accurate would the result have been the same?

Yes if it said something bad about the restaurant. Doesn't matter if it is true you cannot say anything bad against a Thai company. All the companies are 1st class in what they do.

2 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Once again, with all the issues going on in Thailand, why is this even news?

axx kissing & saving face always big news here  555

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1

The hotel broker sites like Booking.com always send me requests for a hotel review.  I wrote to them explaining the law and to stop as I did not want to go to jail.  Review nothing even saying something in this forum may be reported and get you in trouble.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

This was an innocent and tiny mistake. Who is really at fault here? 

The ludicrous restaurant owner was at fault.She was the one who brought in the police over really nothing at all.

And as to the effusive words of praise of her victim, she was obviously trying to bring the whole foolish episode to an end - perhaps reinforced by a double helping of 'prachot'.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MJCM said:

Do you also use a VPN all the time, because NOT connecting through a VPN will expose your REAL IP Address which is logged via your Internet provider and then the police can easily find you even you using a Fake Name on Forums or FB or Blogs!

Yep my vpn is on right now, and according to that I'm in Paris, France. So if the BIB want to go on a wild goose chase for someone called grain who lives in Paris, and prosecute him for saying online that the tom yum gung at Mama Noi's restaurant in Khon Kaen is mai aroy, then so be it. ????