Ban Pakkard Visa run all good

1 hour ago, edwardandtubs said:

There were reports a few years back of hassle with immigration at this border. Is it currently a good place to get a visa exempt entry?

Hat Lek was always very good on the Thai side. The problem was on the Cambodian side if you did not want to pay the bribes. However, it seems people using Ban Pakard are now happy to pay bribes, and I do not think Cambodian immigration at Hat Lek/Koh Kong will require more than the approximates 1,400 baht (2,700 baht less the official US$30 for Cambodian visa) seemingly now being requested as a service fee at Ban Pakard/Psa Prum.

On 9/6/2022 at 5:02 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Pattaya? Where from? how much minibus?

I saw one ad in Facebook for Cambodia border runs from Pattaya by van for 5K (same day return). Don't remember the name. But they mentioned that their starting point is Jomtien Soi 5 immigration office. May be ask someone in the office on your left as you enter Immigration

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

Hat Lek was always very good on the Thai side. The problem was on the Cambodian side if you did not want to pay the bribes. However, it seems people using Ban Pakard are now happy to pay bribes, and I do not think Cambodian immigration at Hat Lek/Koh Kong will require more than the approximates 1,400 baht (2,700 baht less the official US$30 for Cambodian visa) seemingly now being requested as a service fee at Ban Pakard/Psa Prum

Last time I went to Ban Pakard Cambodian immigration wanted 300 baht in addition to $35 dollars for the visa. I argued for a few minutes insisting it should be only $30 but that was leading absolutely nowhere.

At Hat Lek you can use the e visa so if it's just a 300 baht bribe they want, that seems to be the best place to go especially if you're relying on public transport and plan a holiday in Koh Chang as well.

Edited by edwardandtubs

9 hours ago, Onerak said:

I saw one ad in Facebook for Cambodia border runs from Pattaya by van for 5K (same day return). Don't remember the name. But they mentioned that their starting point is Jomtien Soi 5 immigration office. May be ask someone in the office on your left as you enter Immigration

Looks like price is coming down, I've seen two ads for 4,500 baht now down from 5,000, still a rip off, previously 2,300

Edited by scubascuba3