Flat Earth theory is very real

Social Media

It seems some people just love to wallow in the dark corners of the web and will buy and then promote with zero evidence most any crazy conspiracy they stumble on.

"Proves" they are smarter than all the rest of the world who have not "found" all these hidden theories.  Newsflash:  finding obscure <deleted> on the internet does not make you smarter, only shows how gullible people can be.  Que: Qanon coup crew.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jerno said:

A Theory is something that is subject to proof thus not yet a Fact.

A fact is an observation that's been confirmed so many times that scientists can, for all intents and purposes, accept it as "true."
A hypothesis is a tentative explanation about an observation that can be tested. It's just a starting point for further investigation.
A law is a detailed description of how some aspect of the natural world behaves, usually involving mathematics.
A theory is is an explanation of some aspect of the natural world that's well-substantiated by facts, tested hypotheses and laws.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, phetphet said:

How does the Sun rise and set on a flat Earth ?

Very well, it rises in the morning and sets in the evening.

How far do I have to dig to  come out the other side?

Far. If the slice were too thin it would break !

Are miners in any danger of falling into space?

Most probably. Better not dig too much.

Why doesn't this so called Antarctic ice barrier melt and run off the edge?

Who told you it doesn't ?

Where does the Arctic fit into all this?

I guess a bit in the middle and then around the edge, but you may prove otherwise

Have Aussies always been wrong about being Down Under?

Geographically, I don't know

What type of cheese is the Moon made of?

Most probably Wendslydayle, ask Wallace & Gromit

Answers directly in your quote. I hope this eradicates your last doubt.

On 9/7/2022 at 5:04 AM, pomchop said:

It seems some people just love to wallow in the dark corners of the web and will buy and then promote with zero evidence most any crazy conspiracy they stumble on.

"Proves" they are smarter than all the rest of the world who have not "found" all these hidden theories.  Newsflash:  finding obscure <deleted> on the internet does not make you smarter, only shows how gullible people can be.  Que: Qanon coup crew.

True.  The flat-earthers are no different than people who fall for conspiracies related to 9/11, the moon landing, climate change, COVID vaccines, US 2020 election fraud, and all manner of right wing craziness.  For one, they've got a few loose screws upstairs.  And two, they don't realize they've got a few loose screws upstairs and think they're actually smarter than everyone else.  But they're too lazy (and stupid) to do any real research and just scour the internet for any obscure writing that might support their unhinged theories.  I mention "right-wing" because I see so much silly stupid sht from these people on a routine basis.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 12:01 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Thomas L. Friedman was always full of baloney.

Such an idiot writer, really.

Friedman was and is nothing but a Pop-panderer with half-baked  hypotheses and weird analyses.

image.jpeg.c9951569484a1a6b8cb0a05353fa67bb.jpeg

What an utter numbskull.

So happy Friedman's 15 minutes of fame is now behind us.

You're American. (Sorry to cross-post about your theory of guessing posters nationalities.) But you gave yourself away in this post. ????????????