Education to Retirement Visa

Currently on an education visa extension and turn 50 later in the year before the 12 month education visa finishes.

Am I right in thinking that if I transfer THB800,000 into a Thai bank account 2 months before my 50th birthday then I will be able to convert my education visa to a 12 month retirement visa 2 months later or do I need to apply for a 3 month retirement visa first?  Is there anything else I need to prepare in advance?

Thanks in advance.  

You can change the reason for your extension of stay (it is not a visa) from attending a school to retirement.

You will need a letter from the school stating the last day you will be attending classes to cancel the extension.

The 800k baht will need to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply for the new extension.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can change the reason for your extension of stay (it is not a visa) from attending a school to retirement.

You will need a letter from the school stating the last day you will be attending classes to cancel the extension.

The 800k baht will need to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply for the new extension.

Thanks for the clarification ubonjoe.