Indian man agrees to pay 200k baht to dance teacher over inappropriate touch on Pattaya Walking Street

webfact

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I wonder whether the posters who thought that it was the woman's fault for going out so late  at night and sort of deserved to get groped will now change their mind now its been revealed the perpetrator was an Indian ?

I don't know....personally I feel the same about it. (A woman has a right to walk about without being molested). An interesting question is whether the woman would feel the same had it not been... and how much the initial monetary offer, that she rejected, was. After that point she was just haggling? 

Sad to see all the victim blamers. Pattaya is a tourist city, as much as people who come for other reasons don't think so. Walking Street is a major tourist attraction and it's open late. Not every single women walking there at 3AM or any time is a prostitute and even the ones that are, you can't just grope them all freely. Those saying it's a setup, there's CCTV evidence of what he did and he seemed more than willing from the start to just pay for everything to go away rather than any protests about a setup or even attempts to deny what he did after he was caught.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I don't know....personally I feel the same about it. (A woman has a right to walk about without being molested). An interesting question is whether the woman would feel the same had it not been... and how much the initial monetary offer, that she rejected, was. After that point she was just haggling? 

We all have a price

• Haha 1

Could be one hell of a hefty price for a small case of 'misunderstanding', as a Thai would call it...

Or this might be one scam that can become a reference for female scam artists in this country.

Could very well have gone behind a good looking girl, and grabbed her waist from behind.

Only this Indian fellow know which of the above possibilities is the right one.

Meanwhile, men, after midnight, stay home...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I wonder whether the posters who thought that it was the woman's fault for going out so late  at night and sort of deserved to get groped will now change their mind now its been revealed the perpetrator was an Indian ?

Be careful what you wish for, a precident has been set

He mistook her for a LB probably. Anyway, it's nothing but a money grab. 200K? Are you serious. As a tourist I'd take a LOS entry ban before I'd pay her 200K. Plenty of other places.

Now S'pore has some extreme touching policies.

• Like 2