Thai Public Health Ministry plans to downgrade Covid-19 to disease under authorities’ surveillance in October

webfact

image.jpeg

By Nop Meechukhun

National – Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul stated on Wednesday, September 7th, that Thailand would downgrade the Covid-19 Coronavirus as a disease under authorities’ surveillance, effective from October 1st.

The Minister revealed after the general meeting with the ministry’s executives that the situation of Covid-19 in the country was stable and under control. Therefore, the Ministry is planning to reduce the severity of the Covid-19 Coronavirus from a dangerous infectious disease to a disease under surveillance, starting in October.

Under the new declaration, the public health operation systems remain particularly the same to prevent the spread of the disease, including vaccinations, medicine distributions, and treatment at medical services, according to Anutin.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/09/07/thai-public-health-ministry-plans-to-downgrade-covid-19-to-disease-under-authorities-surveillance-in-october/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-09-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul stated on Wednesday, September 7th, that Thailand would downgrade the Covid-19 Coronavirus as a disease under authorities’ surveillance, effective from October 1st.

And I wonder what Prawit will do with the emergency decree now that Prayut has been temporarily silenced.

On 9/8/2022 at 10:39 AM, phukettrader said:

I'm not a masked fanatic running around scared, but I must say that I caught Covid last month after I stopped wearing masks after July 1. Maybe I caught it at Central Festival as it was quite busy and many don't wear masks there. It could just be a coincidence, but I've now started wearing a mask again.

I'm not vaxxed, so I'm certainly not one of those people "in a constant state of fear" I got over it in about 4 days, but my wife is still struggling with it nearly a month later. My wife was not going out shopping, so I brought the infection home to her - she's not pleased and blames me for not wearning a mask.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BonMot said:

He also stated that the Ministry would be discussing more vaccine procurement for children with Pfizer Incorporated this afternoon

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-advisers-decide-against-covid-vaccines-healthy-12-15-year-olds-2021-09-03/

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/sep/03/uk-rules-out-covid-vaccinations-for-children

*Children don't get ill and never did. I'm beyond words.

The danger of the vaccines can no longer be ignored.

New vaccinations also allowed as emergency authorization = no corporate liability

As a child, I got ill......Anybody else get ill as a kid......?    ????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

As a child, I got ill......Anybody else get ill as a kid......?    ????

With covid? Oh, errrr... right. Ok.

I've edited the post so simple people can better grasp.

Thread is about covid not chicken or monkeypox

Edited by BonMot
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 10:39 AM, phukettrader said:

I think there is freedom of wearing it or not almost everywhere. If most people choose to wear it, but you don't have to, what's the big deal to you? Except inside a hospital, I have never seen someone stopped on the street or in a mall for not wearing it recently.

• Like 1

He also stated that the Ministry would be discussing more vaccine procurement for children with Pfizer Incorporated this afternoon

More from Guardian

JCVI says young children are at very low risk of developing severe disease from Covid, while most will have gained natural immunity

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/sep/06/anger-at-plans-to-roll-back-covid-vaccines-to-under-11s-in-england

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BonMot said:

More from Guardian

JCVI says young children are at very low risk of developing severe disease from Covid, while most will have gained natural immunity

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/sep/06/anger-at-plans-to-roll-back-covid-vaccines-to-under-11s-in-england

Seems like we're not reading the same Guardian article, based on your single sentence quote...

You seem to have ignored the rest of the article, such as:

"The decision to reduce the number of children who are offered Covid jabs has prompted outcry from parent groups and academics."

AND

"Prof Christina Pagel, of University College London, criticised the move....

“There is also the additional benefit to children of providing additional protection from developing long Covid, missing school during the acute illness and reducing transmission to household members, other children and teachers.”

“When we know there is a safe and effective vaccine available this seems unjustifiable to me,” said Pagel, adding that – while rare – children had died from Covid.