Another Lazada Ripoff

fusion58

17 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Lazada Support Chat is not bots. I always talked to a real person. I assume the OP is a bit exagerating. Would be interesting to see the chat transcript.

Maybe there was a misunderstanding with the Lazada support and they thought he paid by credit card while it was debit? Debit is much more common in Thailand. Then it can take up to 30 days and the OP has not mentioned how long it has been since the refund was supposedly issued. Also with credit cards it can take more than the next billing cycle if the new billing cycle was just around the corner.

I used to get a live person on Lazada chat, but that stopped maybe about a year ago and now it is impossible, now all you get is a virtual chatline, which is useless.

As CharlieH says, phone them.

16 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Just tried it. They indeed have this "CLEO" thing now but you can get rid of that one and talk to a real person. It's like an automated initial menu. Maybe OP thought that that system was a customer rep? No idea but it's pretty clearly just a menu system.

They also prominently show the hotline. I suggest using that. I've always had a really good experience with it.

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 14.26.29.png

Is that hotline a freephone? In the UK, a number starting with 02 is a free call, even for a mobile.

18 hours ago, eisfeld said:

COD opens yourself up for fraud. See for example https://aseannow.com/topic/1270403-scammed-on-lazada-no-refund/

Better be safe and use a card. Even if it takes a couple weeks to be credited back, so what? You can always go to the bank and do a chargeback. At least you'll get your money back.

Only if a credit card was used.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I used to get a live person on Lazada chat, but that stopped maybe about a year ago and now it is impossible, now all you get is a virtual chatline, which is useless.

As CharlieH says, phone them.

I tried it and got a real person within a few seconds. Maybe you tried outside the working hours. Try typing in "agent", "customer ageent" or something along the lines in this CLEO thing.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Is that hotline a freephone? In the UK, a number starting with 02 is a free call, even for a mobile.

02 usually is landline BKK

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Only if a credit card was used.

Not true, debit cards can do chargebacks just as well.

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Customers can also phone them to speak to a real person.

I know, that's why I posted the phone number...

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

I tried it and got a real person within a few seconds. Maybe you tried outside the working hours. Try typing in "agent", "customer ageent" or something along the lines in this CLEO thing.

02 usually is landline BKK

I know, that's why I posted the phone number...

You used to be able to get through to a real person by clicking on Live Chat, which really was a live chat, now you don't. It is a virtual chat which only works if you are going to ask a question where the virtual chat already has the answer, if not, then it is just a big waste of time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

You used to be able to get through to a real person by clicking on Live Chat, which really was a live chat, now you don't. It is a virtual chat which only works if you are going to ask a question where the virtual chat already has the answer, if not, then it is just a big waste of time.

Yes but you can get past the virtual agent and talk to a real person.

1 hour ago, Purdey said:

Is it possible to use COD, then open the package before handing over the cash? Any issues with wrong model, or breakage can be resolved by not accepting the package. Or not?

No and that's why COD is a bad idea. I'd suggest reading the other thread I linked to and you will find a bunch of reasons.

The sellers basically get funds available once the package is delivered, they can cash that out the following weekly payout date. So anything happening after that, specially if done at the same timeframe, would depend on the sellers current balance.

If the scam is prepared properly and you would deliver 'something' to do get cashed out (for example 1000 baht X 200 orders in a 2-3 week scheme), and after the complaints are validated by Lazada support, to deserve a refund, but the seller cashed it out before, you have zero chance of getting it back unless starting a civil case in the sellers origin country.

You can easily sell under the price of populair products, gain some fake purchases for the initial reviews, and then easily sell for 400-500K baht in a few days. You could send a <deleted>ty chinese product you also list, and claim it is a mistake (that turns out to happen to 1-2-3M baht sales). They cash and run, that is the end of it usuallly.

Nobody is gonna start a high energy consuming civil case, costing tens of thousands aside of time, for just 500-1000 baht. This is the classic smart scam of the past decade basically, those doing this, many made tons of money doing that, even using nominees. Usually they also do it all over SE asia at once.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

7 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Yeah by dowloading old-school PDF's, filling in multi page forms, and then hope you get it back. The 'scam' merchant would then file a dispute, complicating it for you and having strict timeframes to file your counter-evidence, usually causing in 85% of the people still walking away from their lost money.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

The phone calls are not free, and I am not paying any money no matter how little it is because of an incompetent online company.

Personally I really don't care to pay a few bath to call their support and sort out the issue in a few minutes. But how do they like to say? Up to you ????

• Like 1