Good time visiting Jomtien beach within the next 10 days?

Serengeti228

Upfront declaration: I read the posts on hugh flooding in Pattaya and watch the respective youtube.

I need to decide on my Pattaya hotel booking if I should visit Pattaya, mainly Jomtien beach, from this Sunday for a week. I have been in BKK for 2 weeks already so I know the raining siutation and I watch the weather forecast for BKK and Pattaya daily.

I have not come to Thailand for almost 3 years and I just want some relax time on the beach for few days. Ok, it seems that NO sunny days for sure. But I also don't want to find an empty beach with no vendors putting up sun loungers, no fellow visitors/ beach residents, and mostly, raining everyday during daylight.

Also, I wonder the old days rule prohibiting vendors to put up sun loungers every Wednesday remains in effect.

Your input is appreciated.

2 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Yesterday was very sunny????. Flooding in Pattaya comes with the downpours this time of year and recedes fairly quickly once the rain stops. Don't overthink it. Come and enjoy. Just don't go in the water. ????

Swimming with brown trout not a wonderful idea.

7 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Yesterday was very sunny????. Flooding in Pattaya comes with the downpours this time of year and recedes fairly quickly once the rain stops. Don't overthink it. Come and enjoy. Just don't go in the water. ????

Never want to dip into that water except to p.  Been to that beach dozens of time and have seen people colliding with jelly....

Jomtien is fine. Some sunny days but the rainy season is up and running with a vengence.  Its is not a dump 

as one contributor writes, plenty of beach recliners and Dongtan Beach to right of the Police Box seems very well maintained and the beach largely clean.  For swimming however take the ferry to Koh Larne and visit Haad Tien Beach or for better restaurants Taewen Beach.

• Like 2

thanks all for input.

Just confirmed my hotel booking and I am coming tomorrow for a week. I usually go to Dongtan Beach direction after getting off the pick up.

Hopefully there are some partly sky or at least, no rains during the daytime. 

Edited by Serengeti228

1 hour ago, Serengeti228 said:

Hopefully there are some partly sky or at least, no rains during the daytime.

You wrote that you check the weather forecasts regularly.

And if you can believe them there will be moderate intermittent rain only.

25 to 30 mm / day at worst. That would be OK for September.

https://meteologix.com/th/forecast/1614295-pattaya/xltrend/euro/precipitation

(uncheck the extreme differing like GEM, Access-G, ... I usually only look at ECMWF forecasts)

Edited by KhunBENQ