Queen health fears - latest updates: Charles, William and Harry heading to Balmoral amid 'deep concern' for monarch

CharlieH

42 minutes ago, Slip said:

Considering the timbre of the coverage by the beeb this seems potentially very serious.  'The monarchy' can elicit different opinions but to my mind she has had a jolly good stab at it.  Let's hope she fights on to pet another beloved corgi.

Well said @Slip and you @baboon.

Like my father, I'm indifferent to the monarchy but I'd use his words to describe my view of the Queen: "she's done her bit" (job). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RayC said:

Well said @Slip and you @baboon.

Like my father, I'm indifferent to the monarchy but I'd use his words to describe my view of the Queen: "she's done her bit" (job). 

100 percent agree with you.  She seemed a nice lady and did her job well, and managed to avoid the crazy scandals most famous people get into these days.

I hope, if she passed away, we can then see the british royal family and royalty stuff closed down.  Don't think anyone else could do the job as well as she did.  It's very outdated now. 

Edited by jak2002003

20 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Medias speculations about her death, and what to expect, ceremonies coming, the plan for funeral,  Disgusting! 

We certainly wouldn't know if she had died. They will keep it to themselves. 

My brother knows more than most as he has business in Ballater, and friendly with Charles' secretary, Camilla was in his shop last year with Charles. 

God save the King. 

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

We certainly wouldn't know if she had died. They will keep it to themselves. 

My brother knows more than most as he has business in Ballater, and friendly with Charles' secretary, Camilla was in his shop last year with Charles. 

God save the King. 

Could saved their speculations until it is official if she eventually have died. 

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Could saved their speculations until it is official if she eventually have died. 

They weren't speculating, they only published the plans, that have been in place for years and have been practised twice every year since, in case the queen would die.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/09/08/world/queen-elizabeth#queen-death-london-bridge-what-happens

Edited by peterfranks