Husband arrested after he shot wife's lover in bath at resort in NE - young man "messed with the wrong guy"

webfact

3 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I wonder if he even knew she was married.

Decades ago I met a woman on Koh Samed who acted like she had fallen head over heels in love with me. We ended up leaving the island together, traveling to Surin, and separating after that because of my itinerary. A week later, finding I missed her and wanted to see her again, I went back to Koh Samed to try and find her.

At first she was no where to be found. Finally, someone told me that she was actually married and her husband had found out about our trip to Surin. I finally met up with her and she was giving me a farewell massage on the beach when suddenly her husband appeared with a large piece of lumber in his hand - perfect for bashing my skull in. I was just learning Thai at the time, but somehow managed to tell him I didn't know she was his wife and how sorry I was. But ever since then, I have always double checked marital status before getting involved.

Haven't been back to Koh Samed since.

I’m sure as a middle aged Thai lady cheating on her psychopathic,gun-toting husband with a much younger man she would have made him aware of every single detail……….wouldn’t she?

So I assume they separated already as she posted her stay on social media, one would not do that if it was a secret date. So many here are still married on paper while not together since years, as one party doesn't wanna sign and court is a hassle.

Tricky stuff, you might buy the GF all kinds of things, to then see she passes away due to illness or a accident, and the never known husband getting it all lol.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

you cannot say that as many women lie ....    he may not have known she was married ...  we don't know ..

what if she lied to him and said she wasn't with anyone at this time or she left her husband a year ago.

Maybe they split 3 months ago. Its a non issue anyway. Murder is murder.

The only defence is self defence.

I dont know why people justify extreme violence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

I’m sure as a middle aged Thai lady cheating on her psychopathic,gun-toting husband with a much younger man she would have made him aware of every single detail……….wouldn’t she?

You got me thinking...

Probably he did know...but the article said they just met a few days earlier. 'Why we meeting in a hotel?' ['I live with my parents/ my kids will spoil the mood/no privacy] If they lived in Khon Kaen proper, that's a big city. Lover boy may not have been able to get any scouting reports on her family background. Maybe she was planning on telling him....eventually.

This is kind of sick, but what's the point of shooting just the lover? You're gonna be rotting in jail for the next 20 years for second degree murder while your wife's partying it up? That would drive me insane lying in my cell every night wondering who she's banging tonight. Maybe he figures she'll at least visit him in the slammer once in a while.

And, guys, suppose the surviving wife heads down to Pattaya, ends up marrying a foreign guy. After these love triangles blow up, the "other" woman or the widowed wife becomes a pariah and is practically forced to leave town, and sometimes they do head for the bright red lights (if you get my drift) and end up hooking up with a foreigner who doesn't have a clue about her background.

An otherwise nice woman in my village caught her husband cheating on her, and killed him with a pomelo knife. They had two young kids. If she went to jail, the grandparents would have to take care of the kids which they didn't want to do because they were poor and getting up there in years. But there was life insurance. She cut a deal with the local police and the dead man's parents that the police report would say he was killed in self-defense so that the insurance proceeds could be collected (and be available for the grandparents with the police taking a cut). The woman who killed her husband headed down to Pattaya and within a couple of months village scuttlebutt was that she was engaged to be married and was going to emigrate to Europe with her new husband. That's a true story, not bar stool lore.

Imagine finding out years after marrying a woman that there's a maniac ex-husband who just got out on parole. Yikes! Just saying it's really hard to do background checks and get the skinny on who you're dealing with here so you need to proceed with caution.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SGD said:

The guy has a Mercedes and he was involved in a murder case and gun issues previously.

What say it goes down as a brown bag of "compensation" and a donation to the Policeman's Ball fund and he walks away ?

What say it doesn't? 

Many stories come up like this in many parts of thailand,I know  one thing don,t do this to a thai lady or man.don,t upset thais in a bar also.Either the man or woman could stab or shoot you anywhere.He shot  the lover but not the wife who was doing the cheating,I also think he shot the wrong person.

Once i was in Syria travelling in homs a city i just left  they was a public hanging of his wife and the lover.He wanted to clear his family name or shame of what the wife did,that was the law and it did happen.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Xonax said:

I would have shot the wife instead!

It would be interesting to compare sentences handed out for killing the wife versus the lover. My guess is that sentences for killing the wife on average are harsher because a female may be seen as a more sympathetic and defenseless victim by the court and there may be children involved.

11 hours ago, bigupandchill said:

It was probably posting about it on social media that led to the terminal loss of face

Was thinking the same thing- what kind of idiot posts on social media while cheating? the ironic thing in all of this is that the idiocy was rewarded - some random guy she just met was sacrificed, but her husband has been successfully removed from her life for good. Would be an interesting plot twist if she actually planned for this to happen.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2022 at 2:05 PM, Mickmouse1 said:

Lucky escape ,strange husband to let u off ????????????????

Maybe because he was farang? they seem to go off harder on other Thais, I think.

On 9/9/2022 at 4:10 PM, Dart12 said:

Despite pics of me and my lil miss on her social media, there is no end to guys DMing her, asking her out, and trying to persuade her to "keep it our little secret, he never needs to know" messages.

Why does your wife/gf have contact with so many strangers? My first gf in Thailand had thousands of guys on her Facebook which I found extremely disrespectful. Dumped her quickly for this and many other reasons. Future girlfriends did not have this problem, and I made it clear I'm not ok with them having farang male friends - I don't need some <deleted> badmouthing me in her DMs and trying to **** her - because that's what 99% of those guys do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Good job! Mission accomplished! Now he will be lock up and his wife can really have a lot of fun for many years to come. 

Since this is not his first killing last known one 10 years ago I doubt since he has money that he will spend long in jail his wife on the other hand must fear for her future 

20 hours ago, webfact said:

He was previously involved in a murder and attempted murder case in 2012 in Samut Sakhon.

He had also faced gun offences in Samut Sakhon and Khon Kaen

Info the young lad should have known... or the cheating wife should have divulged.

Sounds like she's as dangerous as the hubby.

• Like 1