3bb download speed

roger101

On 9/12/2022 at 2:16 PM, billd766 said:

it is possible to take my AIO to my sons room to test though not that easy.

AFAIK all the Acer computers sold by that dealer, https://www-advice-co-th.translate.goog/?_x_tr_sl=th&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

They have a number of dealerships across the country so they are not a fly-by-night cowboy outfit and I have dealt with the nearest shop quite often and their main branch a few times. Perhaps they have a business licence from Windows.

For some reason I cannot do a copy/paste from settings

Device specs

DESKTOP-1IJD87D

Processor

AMD A9D-9425 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE

CORES 2C + 3G   3.10  GHz

Installed RAM 8 GB (7.45 useable)

Product ID 00327-35194-57133-AAOEM

System type 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor

Windows Specifications

Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language

Version 1909

Installed 02/6/2020

OS Build 18363.959

FAO peterfranks

I finally managed to clear enough in my son's desk to get my Acer Aspire set up for testing.

The first screen shot is in its usual place using a 3 metre cat5e LAN cable. The second, if it works is from my son's desk using a non cat5e Lan cable.

Having exhausted everything else, when I am in Kamphaeng Phet next week I will call in at the dealers and talk to a techie to see if it is possible for the Ethernet/LAN chip or card can be updated/upgraded.

At this point I don't think that moving to Win 11 will fix my problem.

Screenshot 2022-09-14 115358.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-14 120415.jpg

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Must keep it updated.......????

billd766 didn't have any updates since September 2020. He claims to have taken it to a shop recently and that they 'fixed' his Windows 10 install ☺️

They 'fixed' him alright. 

It's a simple fix, but he thinks he knows better. Nearly two years later, he is struggling with the same issues.

1 hour ago, roger101 said:

The trouble is I have no idea how to do what you're writing about. I just want something I can plug into the phone line and then forget about.

A SIM card. 50 baht from your local 7-11/Family Mart. Top up with a couple of hundred baht, tap in a code on the phone keyboard to apply an Internet pack and there you are; an alternative to your failing 3BB package.

If you don't currently own a Smartphone, you can place the SIM card into one of these specially designed routers; https://www.lazada.co.th/products/dwr-m920-d-link-wireless-n300-4g-lte-router-by-vnix-group-i794564720-s1593010653.html

You slide the SIM card into a special slot on the router. It uses the data pack on the SIM to create a WIFi signal that you can connect to with any and all of your devices; up to 32 of them. You can also plug an Ethernet cable in for a wired connection if you choose.

The data pack on the SIM supplies unlimited data, so no worries about the cost. 200 baht will get you unlimited usage for a month. You can prepay for a whole 12 months of usage from as little as 1200 baht(100 baht per month).

This way you have a back up system should your land based connection fail.

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

my link speed using WiFi is 144/72 (Mbps) it also says maximum transmission  unit 1,500 is it good or bad

I dont know to be honest sounds okay though.

I like you though, turn my router off at least once a week (unclogs it) who knows? Same as the mobile phone..power it off at least once a week.:wacko:

20 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I am still learning myself......i will ask a mate to see if he knows where you might be able to find the lan port capacity on your laptop.

He says click on icon bottom of your screen (looks like a tv) that opens up "Network & Internet Settings" click on it.. then menu (maybe on left hand side) click on Ethernet..then click on "Change adapter settings" then that should bring up Ethernet and Wifi .....right click on the Ethernet then click on Status where your speed will be revealed....either 100mps or 1gb.

I am told that Ookla is the best for providing an accurate speedtest?

Lan cable Cat 8 from Ugreen (lazada).....ditto

Hdmi cable 4k or 8k Ugreen (lazada).....ditto

Hope the above is helpful.

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

I dont know to be honest sounds okay though.

I like you though, turn my router off at least once a week (unclogs it) who knows? Same as the mobile phone..power it off at least once a week.:wacko:

it works for me and gets my speed up all the time, the main problem at my side with the router is the ping  as sometimes it says 11 and sometimes it goes up to 42 ms, while at 11 it reaches speeds up to 944 mbps and at 42 only reaches 6 or 700 but am still ok

• Thumbs Up 1

A number of posts and replies with invalid links have been removed:

26. You will not post links that do not lead to the website the link indicates. Links that are misleading or redirect to a site different than the one indicated are not allowed. Shortened versions of URLs and affiliate links are not permitted.

Telling others to Google it are not valid "links" to the links indicated. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Ps... I still want that laughing emoji back.. Okay?

Me too! ???? 

Edit:

I only just discovered it was gone when wanting to use it on another post where someone made a joke. Would've been a perfect emoji.

Edited by JetsetBkk

3 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

He says click on icon bottom of your screen (looks like a tv) that opens up "Network & Internet Settings" click on it.. then menu (maybe on left hand side) click on Ethernet..then click on "Change adapter settings" then that should bring up Ethernet and Wifi .....right click on the Ethernet then click on Status where your speed will be revealed....either 100mps or 1gb.

I am told that Ookla is the best for providing an accurate speedtest?

Lan cable Cat 8 from Ugreen (lazada).....ditto

Hdmi cable 4k or 8k Ugreen (lazada).....ditto

Hope the above is helpful.

Thank you and please thank your friend for me also.

After going in circles I eventually managed to find it.

The first shot is where it is and the second makes it a bit clearer.

It supposedly is 1 Gbps though for some reason it does not reach that speed, probably as the Ethernet device in the pc needs a hardware upgrade.

As I am on the 3BB network I would tend to assume that that would be the path they use, certainly down to Bangkok. Which path it takes from the to the URLs is anybody's guess.

Screenshot 2022-09-14 190948.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-14 191053.jpg

Edited by billd766
Added extra text
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Thank you and please thank your friend for me also.

After going in circles I eventually managed to find it.

The first shot is where it is and the second makes it a bit clearer.

It supposedly is 1 Gbps though for some reason it does not reach that speed, probably as the Ethernet device in the pc needs a hardware upgrade.

As I am on the 3BB network I would tend to assume that that would be the path they use, certainly down to Bangkok. Which path it takes from the to the URLs is anybody's guess.

Screenshot 2022-09-14 190948.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-14 191053.jpg

Well done on finding that. You could have an Ethernet issue with your Pc or could be a bad or broken port on the router. I notice that your Ethernet 10 says 2.4 ghz... mine says 5g (maybe another difference) in speed?

I had problems with my internet speed last week would not go above 150mps called 3bb (Darkside Pattaya) they came round a day later no difference on there equipment,went off came back with a new router..still no good, off they went again,rang me 2 hours later saying the problem was at there end...they fixed it whatever it was so no need for a new router.

• Thanks 1