Visa Renewal Based on Marriage, Any changes since last year?

I go for my visa renewal (based on marriage to a Thai), and just want to confirm that there are not any new requirements regarding my upcoming application. I have done a search and came up with nothing...but you never know...

I will be going through Cheang Wattana office.

Any comments welcome.

If you have children together, there have been some updates to the requirements.  You may be asked to show paternity certificates (not sure what they're called in English--but a birth certificate with the father's name is insufficient, it's another one they're requesting).  If you have not yet known about this requirement, since it can take months to obtain such certificates, you may be given clemency for this first round--but you may have to beg for it.  It may be that Bangkok is different, though, than where I am.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AsianAtHeart said:

You may be asked to show paternity certificates (not sure what they're called in English--but a birth certificate with the father's name is insufficient, it's another one they're requesting). 

That is not required unless they are not married. If married his parenthood does not have to be legitimized.

• Thumbs Up 2

While on the subject of marriage extension renewal, mine is due to be made in November but I might need to leave the country on business during my approval period. When I did my 90 day report this week I - or my wife, in Thai so there was no misunderstanding - asked if that would be a problem and the officer said that I could not leave the country during the approval period.

Surely that can't be right. I'm not allowed to leave Thailand? Really? Or is this yet another example of an IO making up his own rules. I am aware that I would need to get a re-entry permit when leaving. If I'm allowed to.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Surely that can't be right. I'm not allowed to leave Thailand? Really? Or is this yet another example of an IO making up his own rules. I am aware that I would need to get a re-entry permit when leaving. If I'm allowed to.

It can be done if you get a re-entry permit that would expire on the report back date on the under consideration stamp.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Thanks. So the IO was wrong.

It would depend upon the dates your under consideration stamp and extension ends.

There is no rule that states you cannot do it. But there might be a case where it would be highly advisable not to travel,l

9 hours ago, AsianAtHeart said:

If you have children together, there have been some updates to the requirements.  You may be asked to show paternity certificates (not sure what they're called in English--but a birth certificate with the father's name is insufficient, it's another one they're requesting).  If you have not yet known about this requirement, since it can take months to obtain such certificates, you may be given clemency for this first round--but you may have to beg for it.  It may be that Bangkok is different, though, than where I am.

I use the IO at Kamphaeng Phet and for the last several years I have been using my son's birth certificate (in both Thai and English) and that was all that was needed.

Hopefully this year and next month it should be OK. If not then I will let the IO (a very helpful lady) sort it out with my wife while I just sit there nodding and smiling.

I take all of the original documents (which are laminated) plus colour and B&W copies.

By the way, regarding children...our Thai daughter is now 23 and has moved to and taken a job in New York. 

Can I just exclude any information regarding her this year. Last year I did include her in the family photo's and turned in copies of her I.D. and birth certificates.

How does that work regarding immigration and my renewal...?

22 hours ago, Rmac442 said:

Guess still 32 pages (counted them last time) and c.40 signatures of endless information they have (or should have) already ...

The question is . ... Has Immigration progressed from the endless mountain of paperwork they create??

No

1 hour ago, tkramer said:

By the way, regarding children...our Thai daughter is now 23 and has moved to and taken a job in New York. 

Can I just exclude any information regarding her this year. Last year I did include her in the family photo's and turned in copies of her I.D. and birth certificates.

How does that work regarding immigration and my renewal...?

Nothing for your daughter should be needed. Certainly she does not need to be in the photo.

Maybe take signed copies of her birth certificate, ID card and house book registry in case they ask for them.

Thanks again ubonjoe...! I have copies somewhere, but if they are unsigned, there is no way I will get a new signature anytime soon. 

I can't be the first guy to have his adult daughter leave the nest. I just came back from my bank to have verified my monthly income for the past 12 months, and sometimes the backwards-ness of Thai culture can just really rub on you. They can take the simplest thing, and ' futz' it up. 

There's a new book out called 'Thai Logic', and you open it up to read...and it's empty...(just joking...555).

16 minutes ago, tkramer said:

Thanks again ubonjoe...! I have copies somewhere, but if they are unsigned, there is no way I will get a new signature anytime soon. 

I am sure they will not want anything but just mentioned the copies in case they did want a copy of something.

Since she is over the age of 20 she is a adult.