TM 86 and TM 87 Forms Question

I will need to go through the process of applying for the Non O Retirement Visa again as my 1 year extension of stay expired while I was outside of TL.

If I arrive on a Tourist Visa, do I use the TM 86 to apply at immigration for the 90 day O Visa?

Once the 90 day is approved, do I then go back to Immigration within the 90 days with the completed TM87 form to get the 12 month extension?

I have the bank account already with the 800k THB and of course will get the TM30 and bank letter, and photos.

Also, I know that right now TL is allowing 45 day visa exempt to US, UK citizens etc. and I may be able to go that route rather than getting the Tourist Visa, but will the Airlines ask me for a return ticket or onward flight showing I will leave TL within that 45 day period?

Edited by SiamAndy

10 minutes ago, SiamAndy said:

Once the 90 day is approved, do I then go back to Immigration within the 90 days with the completed TM87 form to get the 12 month extension?

I have the bank account already with the 800k THB and of course will get the TM30 and bank letter, and photos.

Also, I know that right now TL is allowing 45 day visa exempt to US, UK citizens etc. and I may be able to go that route rather than getting the Tourist Visa, but will the Airlines ask me for a return ticket or onward flight showing I will leave TL within that 45 day period?

From Oct 1 the visa exempt is 45 days and yes good option instead of TV.

You require 800k in bank on day of application for non O.

When you apply you require 15+ days remaining on your permission of stay.

That gives a 90 day stamp.

In last 30 days apply for 12 month extension.

You need a TM7 for the extension.

Cost 1900baht.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

From Oct 1 the visa exempt is 45 days and yes good option instead of TV.

You require 800k in bank on day of application for non O

Do I have it correct in that the forms I should use are the TM86 for the 90 day O and TM87 for the 12 month extension?

4 minutes ago, SiamAndy said:

Do I have it correct in that the forms I should use are the TM86 for the 90 day O and TM87 for the 12 month extension?

TM86 if changing from tourist visa to non O.

TM87 if from visa exempt (check that) someone will confirm.

The 12 month extension is TM7

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SiamAndy said:

Clicking on the following link will provide you with all the info you will need to be aware of in applying for a non-O conversion:

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

including the answer to your specific query at 1.1 and 1.2

EDIT: I would personally recommend everyone seeking a non-O conversion for retirement to arm themselves with a paper copy of this pdf when submitting their application, in case they encounter a doubting IO Thomas at their local office!

Edited by OJAS
  • Thanks 1