Majority of Americans concerned about Biden’s mental health: new poll

Scott

21 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

...and we stray yet further from the topc to rehash yet more irrelevant tidbits from the pevious president. Trump really got to you, didn't he. Just can't resist injecting him into every discussion.   If you could explain the connection between the two, I would be more than grateful. 

How is Biden showing he has nothing to hide by releasing his tax information not related to the post you wrote, in a thread about Biden?

The reference to Trump just highlights that when candidates or presidents have something to hide, they may not release this information.

Edited by candide

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I knew Biden is old but I just looked it up and he's 79. What the <deleted> was he thinking when he stood for the presidency? What the <deleted> were people thinking when they voted for him?

No wonder his "style" is of an old man that should be sitting by the fireplace having a nice retirement, not attempting to run the largest democracy on planet Earth, and as for standing again in '24, SERIOUSLY?

That he wasn't a fascist and he had the right stuff to beat the fascist.

But I don't think he should run again. Not because he failed  but because it's time for a new and yes younger top democratic leader.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Just to humor your post and assuming Trump will run, Jon Stewart will be the perfect candidate to run against him. You know Trump just can’t stand comedian and Jon will throw him off base to have any coherent strategy. Jon has much democratic views although an independent. He may be pondering. 

I have been a bit disappointed with Biden. But, his policy is decent, and he has been able to accomplish some good stuff. And frankly anything beats Ross, Acosta, Shanahan, Nielsen, Price, Shulkin, Perry, Pompeo, Barr, Bannon, Manigault, Mnuchin, Gorka, Pruitt, Flynn, Miller, Carson, DeVos, Huckabee, Priebus, Haley, Kushner, Ivanka, Eric, Don Jr. and hundreds of stunningly incompetent and inexperienced Federal judges appointed to lifetime positions. Not to mention Trump himself, the king of incompetence. One thing he was really good at was raiding the bottom of the barrel for appointees. 

Frankly, I do not expect anyone as coherent, intelligent or funny as Stewart, to ever run for the office. One has to take into account that the entire experience of running for president has to be a horrendous thing. And I think the best and the brightest have no interest in it. It also takes a huge degree of both megalomania, and ego. Stewart seems way too humble, and far too smart for the job. Though I would love to see someone like him running the nation, I doubt it will ever happen. Things appear to be moving downhill, and not improving. Popular American culture has reached a level of bankruptcy never seen before. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Though his cognitive skills seem to be declining, I am not nearly as concerned or worried about his mental health, as I was with Trump during his last year in office. He really seemed to be declining, and becoming less coherent, and increasingly scary. 

Yeah if he runs it will be fine and he will beat Trump again if trump runs.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Screaming said:

Old sleepy Joe is more a reflection on the mental capacity of most Americans that voted for him. Watching an old possibly senile man stumble with his words and actions is not enjoyable for me. But yet the left tries to prop him up giving excuses for his actions. I feel old Joe should step down but I am horrified by the possibility of cackling Harris taking over.

th.jpg

All you've got is personal insults.

• Haha 1

He became PRESIDENT. He is PRESIDENT. Pontificate all you want but you need some smarts, grace, cleverness and toughness to be who he is. 

Jon Stewart would be nice, clever guy, but he may where his heart on his sleeve a bit too much. Joe's strength is his ability to be in the middle and see both sides. In Australia he'd be considered a bit to the right in economic terms. 

9 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

He became PRESIDENT. He is PRESIDENT. Pontificate all you want but you need some smarts, grace, cleverness and toughness to be who he is. 

Jon Stewart would be nice, clever guy, but he may where his heart on his sleeve a bit too much. Joe's strength is his ability to be in the middle and see both sides. In Australia he'd be considered a bit to the right in economic terms. 

Anyone who follows Jon Stewart closely well understands that he will NEVER run for any office.

Nor will Bill Maher.

We did have a wonderful  comedian who was unfairly hounded out of office who was otherwise destined to run for president. 

Al Franken.

Own goal losing him but he does have a good podcast.

(Jewish?) comedians can make great leaders. Zelinsky has proven that.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Screaming said:

Old sleepy Joe is more a reflection on the mental capacity of most Americans that voted for him. Watching an old possibly senile man stumble with his words and actions is not enjoyable for me. But yet the left tries to prop him up giving excuses for his actions. I feel old Joe should step down but I am horrified by the possibility of cackling Harris taking over.

th.jpg

Really? Is the the best you got? As if Trump was coherent, smart or articulate? Please. Every time he spoke he made people all over the world cringe. Do you remember some of the things he said, or has time dulled those recollections? If we are going to discuss Biden, it is only fair to compare him to his predecessor. 

Trump on Mexico

"I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

Trump on September 11th
"I think I could have stopped it because I have very tough illegal immigration policies, and people aren't coming into this country unless they're vetted and vetted properly."

Trump on global warming
"The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive."

Trump on John McCain
"[John McCain is]... not a war hero. He's a war hero - he's a war hero 'cause he was captured. I Like people that weren't captured, OK, I hate to tell you."

Trump on family
"She does have a very nice figure... If [Ivanka] weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her."

Trump on beverages
"I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke."

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Anyone who follows Jon Stewart closely well understands that he will NEVER run for any office.

Nor will Bill Maher.

We did have a wonderful  comedian who was unfairly hounded out of office who was otherwise destined to run for president. 

Al Franken.

Own goal losing him but he does have a good podcast.

(Jewish?) comedians can make great leaders. Zelinsky has proven that.

I have been watching Jon's podcast thing on youtube from time to time. To be serious he could be an excellent president - so effective at representing the 9 11 first responders and such a good communicator. He might be the real shake up needed as against the fake Drain the Swamp shake up. But as you say he seems to be disinterested - almost a bit of a recluse.

Bill seems to like his fun life too much to go down that track. Al Franken gave in too soon, even Trump said so, probably regretted it.

There's hopefully some Democrat who can appear and appeal to enough by 2024. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

6 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I have been watching Jon's podcast thing on youtube from time to time. To be serious he could be an excellent president - so effective at representing the 9 11 first responders and such a good communicator. He might be the real shake up needed as against the fake Drain the Swamp shake up. But as you say he seems to be disinterested - almost a bit of a recluse.

Bill seems to like his fun life too much to go down that track. Al Franken gave in too soon, even Trump said so, probably regretted it.

There's hopefully some Democrat who can appear and appeal to enough by 2024. 

Yes the Senator that hounded him out of office has admitted it was a mistake. Too late though.

14 minutes ago, tubby johnson said:

A hypocrite is the kind of politician who would cut down a redwood tree, then mount the stump and make a speech for conservation.

:coffee1:

Al_Franken_and_Leeann_Tweeden.jpg

I gotta admit, I am no Al Franken fan (at least as a politician, loved his work on SNL) but he shouldn't have been hounded from office for this.   It was tasteless and crude,  but in no way criminal.  

33 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Really? Is the the best you got? As if Trump was coherent, smart or articulate? Please. Every time he spoke he made people all over the world cringe. Do you remember some of the things he said, or has time dulled those recollections? If we are going to discuss Biden, it is only fair to compare him to his predecessor. 

Trump on Mexico

"I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

Trump on September 11th
"I think I could have stopped it because I have very tough illegal immigration policies, and people aren't coming into this country unless they're vetted and vetted properly."

Trump on global warming
"The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive."

Trump on John McCain
"[John McCain is]... not a war hero. He's a war hero - he's a war hero 'cause he was captured. I Like people that weren't captured, OK, I hate to tell you."

Trump on family
"She does have a very nice figure... If [Ivanka] weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her."

Trump on beverages
"I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke."

Mike, did the Bad Orange Man really injure you so deeply that you can't give him up? Really seems like some kind of love/hate relationship happening.  You dislike him but you can't stop talking about him even when it is completely irrelevant.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

That he wasn't a fascist and he had the right stuff to beat the fascist.

But I don't think he should run again. Not because he failed  but because it's time for a new and yes younger top democratic leader.

Interesting that you should include this particular video. It demonstrates clearly that Joe Biden based his candidacy on a complete and utter fabrication. Trump NEVER called the supremacists and neo-nazis "very fine people", that has been debunked by myriad media outlets for years.   Kind of says something about the man that he would willingly make his case to the American people based on a lie, doesn't it?

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Mike, did the Bad Orange Man really injure you so deeply that you can't give him up? Really seems like some kind of love/hate relationship happening.  You dislike him but you can't stop talking about him even when it is completely irrelevant.

Yet, as the choice was between Trump and Biden, stating that people should not have voted for Biden implies they should have voted for Trump. So it's not really irrelevant.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Not really a deeply political person but as I have started to have a few "senior moments" I understand that an old person can forget little things but can still understand the issues and debate them using many years of experience.

On the other hand, I am not yet a certifiably lunatic p*ssy-grabbing liar, so, on balance, I prefer losing my train of thought now and then than the alternative.

I have heard reports from white house insiders believe them or not that despite the public embarrassments Biden's intellect is working fine during  decision making processes. Of course he has made questionable decisions  like all presidents but its unfair to assume that "dementia" caused them.

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2022 at 9:44 AM, Berkshire said:

The Dems may just keep Papa Joe around in case Trump runs in 2024.  Because if there's one thing Joe Biden can do in his sleep is beat Trump like a drum.

True.

Biden has the advantage of the incumbency. That's a huge advantage in any election.