That's the problem right there! Farmers go on pointing fest

webfact

Infrastructure expenditure in Thailand is allocated in roughly these proportions: -

Bangkok - 60%

Provincial cities - 30%

All other towns - 9%

Rural areas - 1%

If you are not on a route between towns, or close to a town or city, or have a powerful hi-so (e.g. factory owner), you don't exist.

15 minutes ago, rickudon said:

Infrastructure expenditure in Thailand is allocated in roughly these proportions: -

Bangkok - 60%

Provincial cities - 30%

All other towns - 9%

Rural areas - 1%

If you are not on a route between towns, or close to a town or city, or have a powerful hi-so (e.g. factory owner), you don't exist.

Along with the smaller districts/villages relying on the orbator and or puyiban, deciding what to spend it on.  Whether funds go to fixing that road or water supply, or new 4X4 for the family ????

Seeing Udon Thani progress, slowly, and one wonders where all the tax revenue is going.  Outside in first 2 villages I lived, 1 was a joke, until family voted out, then things got done.  The other village, things were done and everything kept up & renovated, repaved as needed.

PKK municipality, and the difference is way too noticeable.  They seem to have excess of funds, as they are painting, replacing, repaving (with concrete) before I even thought it was necessary.  Along with more than a few unneeded projects, cosmetics and not really infrastructure related.  Actually impressive.

Moved out to the village recently, and all seems quite good out here.  One road needs a resurfacing, and expect that to happen, if not this dry season, then next, as all seem to be fairly maintained. 

Probably one of the last to get resurfaced, and just happens to be the main, at the end of our, unpaved soi.   We are the only house on dead end soi, which actually has a very good white stone base 'path'.   Rainy season and no gullies in the road to really complain about.

Village even sent 'tree surgeons' around to remove some possible 'troublesome' trees around our property.  Dead trees on adjacent property.  

Yes, in our village have seen 2 upgrades to roads in the village, new drainage,  new electric cabling and all houses access to mains water in the last 12 years. But one kilometre away none of these (only a few houses). As suburban sprawl reaches small villages the infrastructure improvements are dramatic. But a road 500 metres away is impassable to cars in the wet season (i made that mistake and grounded out once) - i would even be careful in a pickup truck.

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Very true.... the road to my Mrs village could wreck a Humvee.

that's not particularly difficult as far as I know. to wreck a Humvee that is. the Seppo soldiers had to buy their own armour plating to protect themselves from IEDs. should have bought the Bushmaster PMV ????