60 day visa ?

Hello, am considering a >80 but < 90 day stay in Thailand from the US.

1. With a possible few weeks in Lao. If I were to leave on day 55, cross into Lao, upon re-entry by land is it currently 15 day stamp?  No problems ?

1. or Are there multi -entry 60 day tourist visas ? I'm not seein authoritative information in places like:
  2. https://thaiconsulatela.thaiembassy.org/en/page/visa-types-2

and/or what is typical and most convenient ?

I'm not sure I need the METV for $200, which seems to be 60 day stamps for each entry/re-entry

After Oct 1 visa exempt entry is 45 days. 

Entry by air or land border.

Forget the tourist visa.

Each entry can obtain a 30 day extension.

So eg ...enter by air visa exempt 45 days.

Do one border bounce reenter visa exempt 45 days.

Obtain one 30 day extension to either entry.

All up 120 days.

More if you want. 

Edit: just reread your OP. You are only looking for 90 days.

Two visa exempt will cover that. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, chubby said:

I might prefer the actual visa, is METV the one tourist visa that allows re-entry?

assuming I don't go to Lao for example

You state less that 90 days.

METV is not what you want.

Any permission of stay can be protected by purchase of reentry permit. 

If you wish to enter Thailand with a visa you could obtain a single entry tourist visa.

As for Laos trip you can obtain visa at border and reenter Thailand visa exempt and receive 45 days.

Having stated all that even your first entry with a TV can be done visa exempt. 

No issue. 

Why not doing it simple...if under 50, tourist visa with 1 extension gives 90 days. If over 50, single entry non-immigrant O visa gives also 90 days and no extension needed. To be safe with eVisa, apply 1 month before traveling.

Edited by Big FranK
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, chubby said:

I might prefer the actual visa, is METV the one tourist visa that allows re-entry?

assuming I don't go to Lao for example

In your case (and for almost anyone eligible for visa exemption wanting to stay less than about five months) I can see no advantage in an METV. The visa does not obviate the need to leave and re-enter Thailand. The METV is mostly only useful for those who (i) come from a country not eligible for visa exempt entry; or (ii) want to make many entries into Thailand by land.

> age 50 Non O says

one is to have a "state pension" , I can show bank deposits but alas have no pension at all

anyone just ignored that and not asked to prove they have a state pension ?

then in the application it says

warning-iconIf you are applying for Multiple Entries, you need to prove that you have a genuine reason to visit Thailand on a regular basis . The difference in fee will not be refunded, if the officer grants a Single Entry Visa instead of the Multiple Entries Visa you applied for.

so, if I did go to Lao, just get a single entry, then apply  at chang wattana for another entry or do the 45 day visa exempte route somewhere in the last 45 days ?

3 hours ago, chubby said:

> age 50 Non O says

one is to have a "state pension" , I can show bank deposits but alas have no pension at all

anyone just ignored that and not asked to prove they have a state pension ?

There was a recent post from someone (aged in his 50s, thus too young for a UK state pension) who thought he was applying for an METV and, to his surprise, received a multiple entry Non O! The most likely reason was that he included a bank statement showing over £30,000 for many months. That suggests that, yes, a large bank deposit is acceptable, but no guarantees.

With the UK embassy, I do not think they are strict about the proof of the need for a multiple entry visa. 

so, entering visa exempt vs. a 60d toursit visa, there is no difference when going out to CW to obtain a 30day extension ?

so on a 60d visa, one could go to CW and get a re-entry permit, and be stamped in for a 2nd 60days when used via land entry? from Lao

5 minutes ago, chubby said:

so, entering visa exempt vs. a 60d toursit visa, there is no difference when going out to CW to obtain a 30day extension ?

so on a 60d visa, one could go to CW and get a re-entry permit, and be stamped in for a 2nd 60days when used via land entry? from Lao

Visa exempt entry gives 45 day stamp from Oct 1.

Tourist Visa gives 60 day stamp.

Both can be extended by 30 days.

That's it ...no reentry permit.

Exit prior to expiry of permit and obtain a new 45 day visa exempt entry stamp when you re-enter.

That can also be extended by 30 days. 

Edited by DrJack54

It is same extension but for a visa exempt entry it would be done at Laksi IT Square office.

A re-entry permit would not allow a 2nd 60 day entry. A re-entry permit is only issued to the day the current permit to stay it is issued for ends.

• Thumbs Up 1

so the 30 day extension *days on a visa exempt 45 days would always start after the 60 days of stamped-in days ? ;

if so, or even if not?

how early could one go to Laksi IT office, to obtain the extra 30days

I guess same question for an extra 30 days for a 60 day TV .

is there an up to date TM form I can print and have prepared?