Special master appointed to review documents from Mar-a-Lago search; DOJ request to revive criminal probe rejected

Scott

I commented in another thread that as this investigation progresses, Trump’s supporters will cry foul, reject reality and claim a ‘set up’ at every strep along the way.

The very people who objected to that prediction are doing precisely what I said they would do.

Trump was right about one thing and one thing only.

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Evidence?  

The evidence has already been cited. Your stance seems to be that anything is possible. Even that with all those boxloads and boxloads of papers removed from Mar a Lago, none of them will stand up as actual evidence. You should exploit your way of thinking in a positive way. Buy that lottery ticket. Who's to say you won't win the grand prize?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The evidence has already been cited. Your stance seems to be that anything is possible. Even that with all those boxloads and boxloads of papers removed from Mar a Lago, none of them will stand up as actual evidence. You should exploit your way of thinking in a positive way. Buy that lottery ticket. Who's to say you won't win the grand prize?

My stance is that even now, nobody knows exactly what was found, what might be allowed as evidence and what that evidence might mean in court. Now I will retire for the day and watch the soccer before I'm accused of trolling again.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, nauseus said:

My stance is that even now, nobody knows exactly what was found, what might be allowed as evidence and what that evidence might mean in court. Now I will retire for the day and watch the soccer before I'm accused of trolling again.

First off, it's very unlikely we're ever going to know exactly what was found that was classified. Because, you know, it's classified. And once again, the standards you are setting are unattainably high. At least, in this world.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 3:34 PM, KanchanaburiGuy said:

The DOJ isn't paid to be "impartial." Judges and juries are expected to be; prosecutors are not. 

Having the right to mount a defense is how we balance out the inherent partiality of the prosecutor's role, going so far as to provide and pay for a defense attorney, should a person not be able to, on their own.

"Justice" is supposed to be impartial. That the department employs prosecutors is irrelevant to how the department is run, or it should be renamed "Department of prosecutions".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ballpoint said:

Is anyone else thinking this could spectacularly blow up in Trump's face?  Given the credentials of the appointed Special Master, Raymond Dearie, the chance exists that, upon reviewing a few of the top secret documents, he realises just how vital it is to continue investigations into Trump's theft of them, and roundly turns on Trump, his lawyers and the judge who appointed him. 

and the chance exists that he may comes to realise there is no there there to be getting excited about.

I know how much some want Trump to go down for something, but IMO it won't be this, which IMO is going to come back to bite some on the backside post the midterms.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DezLez said:

I fully agree that above describes the actions of a rational man, but please remember we are discussing Trump!

While Trump may not be your cup of tea, no one gets to be POTUS if they don't have any intelligence. It's a long journey to the polling station and those that are as bad as you think he is would never make it to the end.

In the end though, IMO he was just the less worst choice of candidate, which says a lot about American politics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

While Trump may not be your cup of tea, no one gets to be POTUS if they don't have any intelligence. It's a long journey to the polling station and those that are as bad as you think he is would never make it to the end.

In the end though, IMO he was just the less worst choice of candidate, which says a lot about American politics.

Sorry can't agree with you on the notion that he was the less worst choice of candidate. How can you reconcile the fact that he lost the popular vote by a massive 2.87 million votes to Clinton. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Quote Thaibeachlovers: While Trump may not be your cup of tea, no one gets to be POTUS if they don't have any intelligence.

Well trump did, and he's as dumb as a bag of rocks with the intellectual capacity of a pickled squid.

That he managed to hoodwink and con so many millions of people says more about the intelligence level of his supporters, which by the way is glaringly obvious in a couple of the stills taken at the Capitol Hill riot/break-in, and the QAnon followers who still believe in the nonsense posted on their site.

As for "may not be your cup of tea", I don't like liars, cheats, conmen and thieves, so he fails the "cup of tea test" on every front!

I'd expect nothing less from you.

Next.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd expect nothing less from you.

Next.

The truth hurts, and is an anathema to trump supporters, and everything I posted cannot be disputed because just about all of it is out in the public domain for all to see, except the trumpies of course!

Back on to ignore you go.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Trump isn’t stupid but he has a deep understanding of what the stupid people want to hear. 

He is the master at using people to do his deeds for him, and when they refuse he fires them.  How many cabinet members did he toss aside.....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

No no no. Where do you get your news? MSN?

Trump said he won the popular vote and initiated a blue ribbon commission headed by his loyal VP to uncover the fraud. 

You are a funny guy. In that commission report was a section on evidence of voter fraud and was “glaringly empty”. 

Edited by Eric Loh
Wrong words