Special master appointed to review documents from Mar-a-Lago search; DOJ request to revive criminal probe rejected

Scott

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Ah - name-calling - all you got.

Looks like they are his former cabinet members who moved in and out, sort of like he was playing musical chairs.  To not be able and hold onto your cabinet members shows it might just be you and not them that are unable to get along.  Being President does not mean you do whatever you want, when you want and then when it does not go your way, blame others and then tweet about how bad someone was or is.  That in itself is far from acting Presidential in my book.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yep having a high IQ can be a curse......????

Trump Has the Highest IQ. He Says So Himself

Interestingly, if you asked Donald Trump "What does having a high I.Q. mean?" he almost certainly couldn't tell you.

Oh, he might be able to mumble the words the initials stand for.......... (I.Q. = "Intelligence Quotient")........... or he might say something incorrect like "It means you're smart!"

But in all fairness to Donald Trump, it's been my experience that fewer than 5% of the people I've come across talking about "I.Q.s"............. or "High I.Q.s"...............has the first clue what I.Q. actually describes-------what it actually MEANS! Lol

(HINT: It doesn't mean a person is "smart" or "intelligent!")

-----------------

(I must confess, because of my overall disgust of Donald Trump as both a Leader and a Human Being, I'm tempted to suggest redefining "I.Q." as "Ineptitude Quotient."  In that case, of course, I'd be more than happy to score him in the topmost tier! *wink* Ah, but that's just me being catty!....... )

Edited by KanchanaburiGuy
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

3 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Interestingly, if you asked Donald Trump "What does having a high I.Q. mean?" he almost certainly couldn't tell you.

Oh, he might be able to mumble the words the initials stand for.......... (I.Q. = "Intelligence Quotient")........... or he might say something incorrect like "It means you're smart!"

But in all fairness to Donald Trump, it's been my experience that fewer than 5% of the people I've come across talking about "I.Q.s"............. or "High I.Q.s"...............has the first clue what I.Q. actually describes-------what it actually MEANS! Lol

(HINT: It doesn't mean a person is "smart" or "intelligent!")

-----------------

(I must confess, because of my overall disgust of Donald Trump as both a Leader and a Human Being, I'm tempted to suggest redefining "I.Q." as "Ineptitude Quotient."  In that case, of course, I'd be more than happy to score him in the topmost tier! *wink* Ah, but that's just catty 'ol me!....... )

Here's a definition from the American Psychological Association:

IQ

intelligence quotient: a standard measure of an individual’s intelligence level based on psychological tests. 

https://dictionary.apa.org/iq

• Like 2

There's a report in Axios that claims to have unearthed the reason that the Trump team nominated Raymond Dearie to be the Special Master. This was considered surprising since Dearie is pretty much universally acknowledged to be an excellent, fair-minded jurist. Apparently, they believe that because he served on the FISA court he's open to being sceptical of the FBI. He is one of the judges who approved the surveillance of Carter Page which later turned out to be based on faulty grounds.

So, I guess when he mostly rules against Trump, that will give them the option of calling him biased because of that approval.

Anyway, here's a link to the article:

https://www.axios.com/2022/09/18/trump-special-master-dearie-fbi-skeptic

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, placeholder said:

There's a report in Axios that claims to have unearthed the reason that the Trump team nominated Raymond Dearie to be the Special Master. This was considered surprising since Dearie is pretty much universally acknowledged to be an excellent, fair-minded jurist. Apparently, they believe that because he served on the FISA court he's open to being sceptical of the FBI. He is one of the judges who approved the surveillance of Carter Page which later turned out to be based on faulty grounds.

So, I guess when he mostly rules against Trump, that will give them the option of calling him biased because of that approval.

Anyway, here's a link to the article:

https://www.axios.com/2022/09/18/trump-special-master-dearie-fbi-skeptic

Considering how the DOJ rushed to accept him, Trump team may well be disappointed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Apparently Trump is not happy with the special master:

The master is moving too fast, he has asked to disclose specific information regarding declassification to the court and opposing counsel plus he has asked why legal briefs shouldn't be brought before judge Reinhart.

He has two objectives, delay the proceedings and try to discover what evidence the DOJ has against him.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Trump Was Warned Late Last Year of Potential Legal Peril Over Documents.

Another witness for the prosecution against plaintiff citizen Trump!

"A former White House lawyer sought to impress on him the need to return material he had taken with him upon leaving office."

"In January, not long after the discussion with Mr. Herschmann, Mr. Trump turned over to the National Archives 15 boxes of material he had taken with him from the White House. Those boxes turned out to contain 184 classified documents, the Justice Department has said".

Trump Was Warned Late Last Year of Potential Legal Peril Over Documents - The New York Times (archive.org)

I am trying to follow this fiasco, but there seems to be some conflicting information around the place, and from what I have just ascertained from your post is the fact that 15 boxes, some containing classified documents, were turned over by trump to the National Archives, in January.

So did trump still have more boxes at MAL, about which he lied (or his lawyer lied) and which are considered "classified documents"?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The thing is that this mess is all Trumps making. He had the ability to keep his rear end out of the fire, but Trump in his own hedonistic ways wants to play the victim and continue with the charade that everyone is out to get him.  His own lovely and deliciously created royal mess, no one else's.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/09/19/trump-dearie-special-master/

In Monday’s filing, Trump’s lawyers wrote that they don’t want Dearie to force Trump to “fully and specifically disclose a defense to the merits of any subsequent indictment without such a requirement being evident in the District Court’s order” — a remarkable statement that acknowledges at least the possibility that the former president or his aides could be criminally charged.

Your post has a subscription paywall....

Trump lawyers acknowledge Mar-a-Lago probe could lead to indictment - The Washington Post (googleusercontent.com)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tilaceer said:

We pause for a break...
I use this extension on Firefox..."Bypass Paywalls Clean"..ls also available for Chrome.
Back to your normal viewing....

Thanks...but I only have Windows Edge.

I have been using a cached version from Google search

But now I found a better way from Edge Ctrl-Shift-N which opens an incognito window.

On 9/19/2022 at 12:12 AM, placeholder said:

Nonsense. Just because someone is deranged that doesn't mean they're unintellignet.

This is the message delivered by every James Bond villain.

Someone should ask DT, off the cuff, if his IQ is over 300.  Be sure to be sitting down when he gives his answer.