Special master appointed to review documents from Mar-a-Lago search; DOJ request to revive criminal probe rejected

Scott

8 hours ago, candide said:

No misunderstanding when sentences are not cherry picked. Here's the full paragraph. What do you conclude from it?

During receipt of the production, FPOTUS COUNSEL 1 stated he was advised all the records that came from the White House were stored in one location within Mar-a-Lago, the STORAGE ROOM, and the boxes of records in the STORAGE ROOM were "the remaining repository" of records from the White House. FPOTUS COUNSEL 1 fwiher stated he was not advised there were any records in any private office space or other location in Mar-a-Lago. The agents and DOJ COUNSEL were pem1itted to see the STORAGE ROOM and observed that approximately fifty to fifty-five boxes remained in the STORAGE ROOM

I conclude the same thing I hinted at in my first post on this particular tangent...........

That all these many, many claims that "Trump's attorneys lied"............ "Lied! Lied! Lied!"............ is not actually supported by the documents themselves.

The documents themselves suggest the attorneys did the same thing attorneys always tell their clients to do................ "Only answer the question asked; don't elaborate. Giving more information than you've been asked for is not you being helpful. It's you being foolish."

Saying "I've been advised" is an admission of two things:

First, it's an admission that what is being conveyed is not first-hand knowledge.

Second, it's an admission that the knowledge may not be complete or all-encompassing. That it includes only those things about which a person "has been advised".......... but not necessarily everything there is to know about it.

Thus far, I've see no evidence that the attorneys lied. I merely see them answering the questions they've been asked, and no more.

26 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

I conclude the same thing I hinted at in my first post on this particular tangent...........

That all these many, many claims that "Trump's attorneys lied"............ "Lied! Lied! Lied!"............ is not actually supported by the documents themselves.

The documents themselves suggest the attorneys did the same thing attorneys always tell their clients to do................ "Only answer the question asked; don't elaborate. Giving more information than you've been asked for is not you being helpful. It's you being foolish."

Saying "I've been advised" is an admission of two things:

First, it's an admission that what is being conveyed is not first-hand knowledge.

Second, it's an admission that the knowledge may not be complete or all-encompassing. That it includes only those things about which a person "has been advised".......... but not necessarily everything there is to know about it.

Thus far, I've see no evidence that the attorneys lied. I merely see them answering the questions they've been asked, and no more.

The first post you responded to on this made the claim:

Have you forgotten that his lawyers acting on the advice of an unnamed party, falsely asserted to the Justice Dept that all documents marked classified had been returned? 

You are the one saying the Lawyers "Lied! Lied! Lied!" not anyone else.

What is clear someone held back information that more documents were there and wanted to keep that hidden.

• Like 2

Just now, SunnyinBangrak said:

I just can't understand why the DOJ is so worried about the special master. If everything was kosher they would be only too pleased to have this raid, the origins and how it was conducted scrutinized properly. Legal cases are not a race or a game of timing, it must be done correctly and within the constraints of the law. If that doesn't help the democrats in the midterms, that's tough. Reminds me of the frequently posted here saying, nothing to hide nothing to fear.

The job of the special master is to review documents seized in the ‘lawful search’ (not a raid) and advise if any the documents are subject to ‘privilege’.

The special master does not get to examine the rational for the search (that was examined and approved by the judge who authorized the search warrant.

The special master does not get to examine how the lawful search was conducted, that’s the job of the courts if Trump has evidence of illegal or non constitutional behavior by the lawfully authorized search team.

The DoJ and US National Security agencies have a very clear reason to avoid any delay to this critically important investigation.

I look forward to the appeal court ruling, all indications are they want to get this settled ASAP.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The DoJ and US National Security agencies have a very clear reason to avoid any delay to this critically important investigation

Avoiding delay you say? I'm thinking if these documents were so critically serious then waiting 2 years after Trump finished his term and decided just before the midterms to launch this unprecedented raid could be construed as particularly careless. Dawdling around for 2 years while America was under such grave threat looks like a bigger crime than Trump allegedly having classified documents at MAL in the 1st place.

• Love It 1

38 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Avoiding delay you say? I'm thinking if these documents were so critically serious then waiting 2 years after Trump finished his term and decided just before the midterms to launch this unprecedented raid could be construed as particularly careless. Dawdling around for 2 years while America was under such grave threat looks like a bigger crime than Trump allegedly having classified documents at MAL in the 1st place.

Almost 2 years with these declassified docs with classified markings and the only security issues were from the dishonest doj/ fbi  leaks reported to the media according to court documents !

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/denial-of-justice-department-s-request-for-a-partial-stay/5a04a0af482fe04f/full.pdf

On 9/17/2022 at 10:17 AM, placeholder said:

I think you've been so conditioned by the reign of Biden's predecessor, that you think it normal for Presidents to intervene in the workings of law enforcement. There is absolutely no evidence that Biden specifically gave an OK for the FBI's search of Mar a Lago. There is a ton of evidence that the govt went out of its way to avoid making this a criminal case. For a year, NARA negotiated with Trump for the return of documents. It was only after their request was met with a blatant lie, that the FBI conducted the search.

Ton of evidence? Nobody has produced anything and everybody still knows nothing.

12 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Ton of evidence? Nobody has produced anything and everybody still knows nothing.

Poor reading skills or a bad memory??

Or of course it could be the well-known, and often experienced phenomenon on this thread, of, "trumpie's disease", whereby they live in an alternate universe, where trump is godlike, never lies, never cheats or steals and is a fine upstanding character – – yeah right!

Edited by xylophone
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Pretty sure you're trolling, evidence everywhere for this

Inside the 20-Month Fight to Get Trump to Return Presidential Material

The government tried repeatedly for more than a year and a half to get the former president to give back documents from his time in office. Finally, it resorted to a search of his property.

Evidence?  

20 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Innocence until proven guilty in other words...I don't believe the Orange man will walk from anything, that even includes his Financials..  

In your words. You are free to believe as you like.