Pattaya Int'l Hospital on Soi 4

Serengeti228

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The usual mandatory bill padding yes, get those removed, my Op was inexpensive, confirm price beforehand 

yes ... it's a good hospital ... I was joking as any hospital causes the heart rate to go high when they say '   oh mr Jones ,  here's you invoice sir ... !!

On 9/16/2022 at 8:09 PM, steven100 said:

yes ... it's a good hospital ... I was joking as any hospital causes the heart rate to go high when they say '   oh mr Jones ,  here's you invoice sir ... !!

They are way over the top expensive. A minor surgical procedure to a toe was taken care of at Memorial costing under 5000 baht. At PIH they wanted to do this under general anesthetic for over 20k. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JensenZ said:

They are way over the top expensive. A minor surgical procedure to a toe was taken care of at Memorial costing under 5000 baht. At PIH they wanted to do this under general anesthetic for over 20k. 

You would expect using a general would be avoided if not necessary. 

On 9/16/2022 at 2:10 PM, Serengeti228 said:

I can see this hospital caters for foreigners who would have different expectations. The decor in the reception lobby is also welcoming too!

The owner is a Thai gentleman who had a Western parent and was educated mainly in Australia... quite a posh sounding old gentleman. He has directed the hospital to be less mercenary that the main competition!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2022 at 9:13 PM, JensenZ said:

Don't you have a private health insurance in Thailand to pay the bill? 7

On 9/21/2022 at 9:29 AM, petermik said:

I got a quote from them for blepharoplasty a couple of years back ended up having it done at Phayathai Hospital in Siracha.....saved myself 16,000 baht and an excellent job they did.

I have been using Phyathai at Sriracha for 5+ years. reasonable prices and more importantly excellent and competent surgeons/doctors. Wouldn't go anywhere else in Chonburi

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Geordieabroad said:

I have been using Phyathai at Sriracha for 5+ years. reasonable prices and more importantly excellent and competent surgeons/doctors. Wouldn't go anywhere else in Chonburi

Owned by the same group who runs Bkk Pattaya hospital and all the other associated hospitals, their prices are set at a premium.

On 9/21/2022 at 8:06 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Surely all westerners living in Thailand would have a decent insurance policy?

The thing is that not everyone considers the medical insurance costs.

Once you hit 60 full medical goes up to $3,500 per person. So $7,000 for a retired couple. If you are planning on staying for 10 years, thay is $70,000 (2,400,000 Baht) in insurance premiums. That is why many self insure.

Plus if you do get sick your insurance preimums go up after you claim.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, billaaa777 said:

You messed up the quote... but I most certainly had an insurance premium go up after I had made a claim... they added a 5% surcharge for one year( it might have been 2). 

Perhaps policies vary. 

Edited by jacko45k

On 9/20/2022 at 8:40 AM, jacko45k said:

You would expect using a general would be avoided if not necessary. 

Absolutely. It was just making a tiny incision to remove some fluid. It was for my wife's toe - I could have done it at home.