People are getting stupid-er or am I just getting older/wiser?

VinnieK

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Yeh, but do you know, when the war of 1812 was ?  ????

Thanks, you've got me Googling for a good read with my morning coffee but…

What war Do you mean ?  
1812 the world was Hot;

War US vs UK ? when The expulsion of North American ships from the Mediterranean during the War of 1812 by the British ? 

Or the wars between 

Russia vs France,

France vs Spain,

Portugal vs France,

Russia vs Turkish,

????

On 9/18/2022 at 3:19 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Not knowing these facts has nothing to do with being wise or stupid.

I am more concerned with i.e. the lady yesterday who used a calculator to add up 1000 + 750. And obviously there are many of them.

I am not sure how much difference it makes but in part I blame the stupid woke inclusive activism. Now some universities make inclusivity their main reason to exist. It's not anymore about teaching math or science it's about crazy political correctness, 100 different pronounces and all that <deleted>.

And obviously people must be hired because they are part of a minority group. If (especially large) companies have a candidate who is trans and black and a lesbian then that person has 100 points advantage compared to that straight white male candidate. Qualification? Experience? Who cares, as long as they can prove that they support inclusivity etc. It's crazy and it's getting worse.

And for the record: I am fine if black and trans and lesbians and whatever are hired. But they should be hired because of their qualification and not some woke attribute. 

Unfortunately there is a plague of really stupid people who think they are being smart by tediously banging on about their dog-whistle 'woke' obsessions. 

Edited by SheungWan
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

Unfortunately there is a plague of really stupid people who think they are being smart by tediously banging on about their dog-whistle 'woke' obsessions. 

Some of those woke people are actually not stupid - in general. But it seems somehow they didn't use their brain concerning their woke believes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Some of those woke people are actually not stupid - in general. But it seems somehow they didn't use their brain concerning their woke believes. 

They belong to the 'intelligent stupid' variety..

A deadly combo

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/24/2022 at 6:47 PM, StreetCowboy said:

Black and white are just extreme shades of the same colour.

To be pedantic, black and white are not colours.

Google tells us

Some consider white to be a colour, because white light comprises all hues on the visible light spectrum. And many do consider black to be a colour, because you combine other pigments to create it on paper. But in a technical sense, black and white are not colours, they're shades. They augment colours.