Electricity bill

stevenl

Electricity costs have gone up. On my previous bill the charge was 4.0 per unit, this time up to 4.9.

That is for payment directly to PEA, total invoice recalculated to costs per unit.

Edited by stevenl
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

Mine has been approximately the the same for July aug and sept bils at 4.63 unit....   Less unit work out more per unit as standing charges apply. .

Strange that the nation wide price hike wasn't applied to you.

8 minutes ago, PPGuy said:

My average PEA rate for May to Aug has been around 4.83 based on monthly units ranging from 1,036 to 1,237. Next bill due on 22Sep so will see what the increase is at that time, hopefully not too much.

From the Sept bill the Ft charge has gone from 0.2477 to 0.9343 so you will be paying around 5.5 Baht/unit if your useage is about the same.

• Like 1

The Ft Rate (which is the Fuel Surcharge) has gone up from 0.24770 to 0.9343, but you get a discount

See this table which discount you will get

fttable.JPG.9572f5c1be8e026cd38032bf4c270184.JPG

Sorry for any arithmetic errors ????

Edit: The discount has only been approved for the Months Sept - Dec!

Edit2: I used the rates from this post

Edited by MJCM
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Mine is up to. Appears to be around 5.5. Way up from last year. Government sponsored inflation? 

Ft Rate (Fuel SurCharge) which was 0.24770 last month has increased to 0.9343, but if you look at my previous post you are maybe entitled to a discount which you should on your bill as (-) and an amount

A link to the Bangkok Post has been removed.

16. The Bangkok Post and the Pattaya Mail do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEAN NOW. Neither do they allow links to their publications. These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not by ASEAN NOW. In rare cases, forum administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

On 9/18/2022 at 6:37 AM, terryq said:

From the Sept bill the Ft charge has gone from 0.2477 to 0.9343 so you will be paying around 5.5 Baht/unit if your useage is about the same.

Yep, spot on.

The average rate has increased to 5.54, up by about 15%. This from a monthly usage of 1,062 units giving a cost of Bt5,885. Running 3 a/c's most nights, so will need to get them serviced to have them operating as efficiently as possible. The currently cooler weather should also help.