celebrating diversity in Leicester!

proton

1 minute ago, roo860 said:

You know exactly what you were doing, insinuating that the poster you replied to had an interest in young girls.

This thread is about two gangs fighting each other , two gangs who support different cricket teams .

Wondered why someone would want to talk about sex with children 

39 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

This thread is about two gangs fighting each other , two gangs who support different cricket teams .

Wondered why someone would want to talk about sex with children 

You're still at, you are some weird bloke.

• Like 2

The unrest continues in Leicester 

Elderly couple in Asbo warning after row over tea and biscuits

A couple have been warned they could be issued with an antisocial behaviour order by the council after rowing with neighbours. Andy Williams, 81, and wife Maureen, 73, have been issued the warning in an official letter from the authority.

The retired publicans moved into their home at a senior living facility eight years ago and were warned following a row over who was using the tea, coffee and biscuits intended for the building's social club.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/elderly-couple-asbo-warning-after-7688465

Edited by metisdead
14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The unrest continues in Leicester 

Elderly couple in Asbo warning after row over tea and biscuits

A couple have been warned they could be issued with an antisocial behaviour order by the council after rowing with neighbours. Andy Williams, 81, and wife Maureen, 73, have been issued the warning in an official letter from the authority.

The retired publicans moved into their home at a senior living facility eight years ago and were warned following a row over who was using the tea, coffee and biscuits intended for the building's social club.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/elderly-couple-asbo-warning-after-7688465

So what has this got to do with diversity, or anything?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

This thread is about conflict in Leicester and my link is also about a conflict in Leicester 

No it's about failed diversity and the conflict between Hindu and Muslims-

'Hindus and muslims have been fighting each other on the streets for days'

Two old white people arguing over tea and biscuits has nothing to do with the thread. How about 2 dogs having a fight in the park ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, proton said:

No it's about failed diversity and the conflict between Hindu and Muslims-

'Hindus and muslims have been fighting each other on the streets for days'

Two old white people arguing over tea and biscuits has nothing to do with the thread. How about 2 dogs having a fight in the park ????

The conflict seems to be escalating 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, proton said:

27 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

This thread is about conflict in Leicester and my link is also about a conflict in Leicester 

30 minutes ago, proton said:

It's him just being a total deleted head, again.

Edited by roo860
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, proton said:

Not in Leicester it's calmed down, but you have never been there have you.

I’ve been dozens of times.

I used to compete in events at Saffron Lane Velodrome. I swear I’ve still got splinters in my nether  regions from battling with other young men.

You should have seen it Proton, real aggression, often skin removed and sometimes limbs broken.

Leicester was renowned as a place for ‘battling’.

It was also the scene of what for me is a memorable example of racism.

My team mate was cleaning up, winning almost every race.

A woman commented on how superb he was and asked, ‘is he in the national squad?’, to which a guy the other side of me replied (in what I refer to as a London Cabbie accent’) ‘Nah, he’s not getting in the squad he’s a <deleted> Yid’.

The racist remark was made by one of the ‘Blazers’, the people who run the sport, at that time predominantly London Masons. 

Yes, I’ve been to Leicester dozens of times, on the whole my memories are happy, but not entirely so.

I was born and bred in Leicester, used to play in Spinney Hill Park.  I remember as the Indian community grew, mostly clothes, food, newsagent shops, that sort of thing.  Hard-working, and rarely any problems between these immigrants and the indigenous white community.

Then the muslims started to move in and the city went to sh*te....

On 10/12/2022 at 7:39 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

The racist remark was made by one of the ‘Blazers’, the people who run the sport, at that time predominantly London Masons. 

Does racism include comments against religious extremists?

Can't say I'm keen on people that believe they're better than me because they're 'God's Chosen', no matter what flavour of God they use to look down on everyone else.

Edited by BritManToo

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Does racism include comments against religious extremists?

Can't say I'm keen on people that believe they're better than me because they're 'God's Chosen', no matter what flavour of God they use to look down on everyone else.

No racism does not include comments against religious extremists.

If however you wish to blame a whole demographic group for the religious extremism of a tiny minority then you would be starting into racism, but I think you know that.

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

I was born and bred in Leicester, used to play in Spinney Hill Park.  I remember as the Indian community grew, mostly clothes, food, newsagent shops, that sort of thing.  Hard-working, and rarely any problems between these immigrants and the indigenous white community.

Then the muslims started to move in and the city went to sh*te....

You grew up in Stoneygate in a posh house, surely Vicky park was your hang out not Spinney hills. Right about the muslims, they cannot seem to live in harmony anywhere, Your local the Clarendon was always full of noisy teachers and social workers, I used to use the Burlington in Highfields

Edited by proton