I am applying for visa online but have few questions

They want me to select single entry or multiple entry visa. 

If I select multiple it says I need to have a really good reason to stay there. 

I want to stay 6 months. 

If I get single entry visa, will I be able to extend it later on? After 90 days?

It is so complicated now for god sake with this e visa...

And they want my flight number and ticket. 

So how do I know how long wil lit take till they approve the visa?

You can put about anything in valid reason space for multiple entry tourist visa. For example it could be visiting friend or family and etc.

You can only apply for one 30 day extension per entry from  f a tourist visa or visa exempt entry.

Normally the e visa application is approved within about a week of the day your application is accepted.

You could enter visa exempt and get a 45 day stay on or after October 1st that can be extended for 30 days. Then do a border hop to get another 45 day visa exempt entry and extend it for 30 days. Then another border hop to get another 45 day entry.

23 minutes ago, parafareno said:

So how do I know how long wil lit take till they approve the visa?

The visas are processed by the local embassy so that would depend on which country you are using.

I did mine in the UK and that took 2 days after I responded to a query they raised, 3 days from application.

• Thanks 1

what is this visa exempt?

It means no visa? I just come there?

And then i do 45 days and do 30 days extension?

then go border run to get another 45 days and then do extension

then do another border run and do 30 days extension?

Will they allow this?

What if they mess with me and not stamp my passport?

51 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can put about anything in valid reason space for multiple entry tourist visa. For example it could be visiting friend or family and etc.

You can only apply for one 30 day extension per entry from  f a tourist visa or visa exempt entry.

Normally the e visa application is approved within about a week of the day your application is accepted.

You could enter visa exempt and get a 45 day stay on or after October 1st that can be extended for 30 days. Then do a border hop to get another 45 day visa exempt entry and extend it for 30 days. Then another border hop to get another 45 day entry.

so i can extend for 30 days only twice?

totally I get  

45 + 30 + 45 + 30 + 45 days total?  = 195 days? that is more than 6 months?

How do I know this is true and it will work? If this works I dont really need a hustle with visa...it is very annoying

here are the requirements

1. Be from an approved country.  OK
  2. Be visiting Thailand strictly for tourism.   OK
  3. Hold a genuine passport with a valid expiry of over 6 months.   OK
  4. Can provide a valid address in Thailand on entry that can be verified. This address can be a hotel or an apartment.   OK AO THIS CAN BE A HOTEL I STAY ALL THE TIME? I DONT NEED TO BOOK IT?
  5. Must have a confirmed return ticket exiting Thailand within 30 days. Open tickets do not qualify. Traveling overland by train, bus, etc to Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia (including en route to Singapore), Myanmar, etc is not accepted as proof of exiting Thailand.THIS MAKE NO SENSE::BECAUSE I WANT TO BUY A 6 MONTHS PLANE TICKET IT WILL COST ME FORTUNE TO CHANGE IT EVERY 45 DAYS**

Edited by parafareno

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You only need to extend the visa exempt entries 2 times to get a total stay of 6 months.

I just wrote what you can do according to the rules and it will work.

what about this?  

Must have a confirmed return ticket exiting Thailand within 30 days. Open tickets do not qualify. Traveling overland by train, bus, etc to Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia (including en route to Singapore), Myanmar, etc is not accepted as proof of exiting Thailand.THIS MAKE NO SENSE::BECAUSE I WANT TO BUY  A 6 MONTH TICKET AND IF I CHANGE THE DEPARTURE DATE IT WILL COST ME LIKE 100 or more eur each time

how do other people do it?

Edited by parafareno

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, suggest best idea is outlined above by uj.

Not lot of advantage in tourist visa over visa exempt once it changes to 45 days (Oct 1).

Both can be extended by 30 days.

Suggest visa exempt entry with couple of border runs. 

So is it now OK to just cross a land border and come back directly again?

Remember people used to have trouble at the Malaysian border if not staying at least one night outside Thailand some years ago.

Great if this has changed.

13 minutes ago, parafareno said:

Must have a confirmed return ticket exiting Thailand within 30 days.

That will only be needed for the airline when traveling to here. You can use a temporary onward ticket (search for onward ticket) for about $14 to meet the requirement.

When doing the 2 border runs it will not be needed.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That will only be needed for the airline when traveling to here. You can use a temporary onward ticket (search for onward ticket) for about $14 to meet the requirement.

When doing the 2 border runs it will not be needed.

so I book a 45 days ticket and then extend it later on lets say to 6 months?

what if I get denied on 2nd border run? And I have all my stuff in hotel in bangkok? WHat to do then?

Just now, parafareno said:

is this site good for onward tickets? So it is a fake ticket? https://onwardticket.com/

The ticket works fine.

Threads about them if you want to research.

Alternative is to purchase a throw away ticket.

Return is not required. Any onward ticket is ok.

Regarding land border entries you will not be refused visa exempt entry.

Some land borders (Malaysia) required overnight stay.

You would need to check the land border you plan to use. 

2 minutes ago, parafareno said:

so I book a 45 days ticket and then extend it later on lets say to 6 months?

what if I get denied on 2nd border run? And I have all my stuff in hotel in bangkok? WHat to do then?

As I wrote you can buy a temporary one way ticket for a flight out of the country within 30 days.No need for a ticket outof the country when doing a border run.

You will not have a problem doing the border runs.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As I wrote you can buy a temporary one way ticket for a flight out of the country within 30 days.No need for a ticket outof the country when doing a border run.

As I wrote you can buy a temporary one way ticket for a flight out of the country within 30 days.     can you buy temp ticket at every air company? I want to use emirates to fly in...

so I need to buy 6 month ticket and then temp 45 days return one way ticket? I want to be sure

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The ticket works fine.

Threads about them if you want to research.

Alternative is to purchase a throw away ticket.

Return is not required. Any onward ticket is ok.

Regarding land border entries you will not be refused visa exempt entry.

Some land borders (Malaysia) required overnight stay.

You would need to check the land border you plan to use. 

so onward tickets costs only 14 usd? Is this a fake ticket or legit ticket? 

What is throw away ticket? Like to fly to lets say cambodia after 45 days?

So when I arrive I only need to show return ticket, not the inbound ticket right?

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

for example I can book a one way ticket from BANGKOK to Phnom Penh  that has a date like 40 days after my arrival and I show this booking at the BKK border when I fly in? I can just throw away that ticket it costs only 30 eur?

But why are there 30 day extensions if you need to book a ticket in advance 45 days after first arrival? I dont get it? They want you to throw away money?

12 minutes ago, parafareno said:

As I wrote you can buy a temporary one way ticket for a flight out of the country within 30 days.     can you buy temp ticket at every air company? I want to use emirates to fly in...

so I need to buy 6 month ticket and then temp 45 days return one way ticket? I want to be sure

When you apply for the temporary onward ticket you can request one to anywhere. It does not have to be a return ticket.

Best to get the temporary ticket out ot the  country within 30 days incase the airline is not aware of the new 45 day entries.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

When you apply for the temporary onward ticket you can request one to anywhere. It does not have to be a return ticket.

Best to get the temporary ticket out ot the  country within 30 days incase the airline is not aware of the new 45 day entries.

I dont understand this

""""Best to get the temporary ticket out ot the  country within 30 days incase the airline is not aware of the new 45 day entries.""""

i am buying the ticket because of emigration suvarnaburi office not because of airline company?  Why would airline need to be avare of 45 days entries?

Edited by parafareno

I will do the following

Buy a return 6 month airplane ticket at Emirates from Europe to BKK.  so OCT 1 2022 - APRIL 1 2023

Buy additional throwaway ticket BKK to Cambodia that will have a date 30 days after my arrival to BKK. so OCT 30 2022.

Is this corrrect ? And I show the throwaway to emigration? 

5 minutes ago, parafareno said:

for example I can book a one way ticket from BANGKOK to Phnom Penh  that has a date like 40 days after my arrival and I show this booking at the BKK border when I fly in? I can just throw away that ticket it costs only 30 eur?

But why are there 30 day extensions if you need to book a ticket in advance 45 days after first arrival? I dont get it? They want you to throw away money?

Only the airline for your trip to here will ask for the onward ticket. Immigration will not ask to see the onward ticket you arrive here.

The rules that the airlines see only mentions the 30 day visa exempt entries. They do not include the 30 day extension you can get since they were not updated when the immigration order for them was issued.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, suggest best idea is outlined above by uj.

Not lot of advantage in tourist visa over visa exempt once it changes to 45 days (Oct 1).

Both can be extended by 30 days.

Suggest visa exempt entry with couple of border runs. 

Actually, the OP has not disclosed his naitonality and if he's eligible for visa-exempt, has he/she?

OP, you can check out the countries eligible for visa exempt here. Note that from Oct 1 the duration of the visa-exempt entry will be extended to 45d from current 30d.

If elegible, follow what UJ said. You don't need to do anything before flying, just present your passport at immigration on arrival.

1 minute ago, arithai12 said:

Actually, the OP has not disclosed his naitonality and if he's eligible for visa-exempt, has he/she?

OP, you can check out the countries eligible for visa exempt here. Note that from Oct 1 the duration of the visa-exempt entry will be extended to 45d from current 30d.

If elegible, follow what UJ said. You don't need to do anything before flying, just present your passport at immigration on arrival.

yes i am eu citizen i qualify....it would be easier to buy 1 way ticket, but they always cost the same as return tickets so it does not make sense to do that

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Only the airline for your trip to here will ask for the onward ticket. Immigration will not ask to see the onward ticket you arrive here.

The rules that the airlines see only mentions the 30 day visa exempt entries. They do not include the 30 day extension you can get since they were not updated when the immigration order for them was issued.

immigration always asked me for return ticket each time, usually one lady shows up and asks me questions how long I stay, why I stay etc, is this only when you use visa? so if you use exempt they will not ask me that?

SO emirates will ask me for 30 day return ticket? On the plane? Before we arrive to BKK?

I really do not understand. 

26 minutes ago, parafareno said:

So when I arrive I only need to show return ticket, not the inbound ticket right?

When you arrive in Thailand you won't need to show onward flight.

The onward flight within 30 days can be requested by the airline at departure to issue boarding pass.

I notice you posted that for your particular route the return flight is often not much more expensive than one way.

The onward flight needs to be within 30 days so you would need a ticket that has low cost date change. 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

When you arrive in Thailand you won't need to show onward flight.

The onward flight within 30 days can be requested by the airline at departure to issue boarding pass.

I notice you posted that for your particular route the return flight is often not much more expensive than one way.

The onward flight needs to be within 30 days so you would need a ticket that has low cost date change. 

so it needs to be this return ticket? I cant buy a 6 month ticket, I need 1 month ticket that I can extend to 6 months later on?

2 minutes ago, parafareno said:

immigration always asked me for return ticket each time, usually one lady shows up and asks me questions how long I stay, why I stay etc, is this only when you use visa? so if you use exempt they will not ask me that?

SO emirates will ask me for 30 day return ticket? On the plane? Before we arrive to BKK?

I really do not understand. 

Can't understand much of that.

Airline at departure may ask for onward flight if flying visa exempt.

With a visa or reentry permit the airline will not ask about onward flight. 

Have no idea why you are questioned by immigration.

Also asked about return flight.

Not normal. 

6 minutes ago, parafareno said:

so it needs to be this return ticket? I cant buy a 6 month ticket, I need 1 month ticket that I can extend to 6 months later on?

The onward flight is for airline at departure. 

Possibly not required.

You need to have it within 30 days (yes I'm aware visa exempt changes to 45 from Oct 1) 

For the onward flight you can use "rent a ticket" 

Buy a throw away ticket.

Or buy a flexible return flight with changeable date.

Since you know you are flying with Emirates you could check with them their policy in regards to onward flight requirements.

Some airlines allow you to sign a waiver 

Edited by DrJack54

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The onward flight is for airline at departure. 

Possibly not required.

You need to have it within 30 days (yes I'm aware visa exempt changes to 45 from Oct 1) 

For the onward flight you can use "rent a ticket" 

Buy a throw away ticket.

Or buy a flexible return flight with changeable date.

Since you know you are flying with Emirates you could check with them their policy in regards to onward flight requirements.

Some airlines allow you to sign a waiver 

I called EMirates. They assured me they will not ask me for my ticket if I come wtih exempt. So I can have a 6 months ticket. But I am afraid of the immigration Senior grumpy older woman that stops me almost every time and I have to show return ticket to her. So she can deny my entry if I have 6 month ticket. 

I think I will buy 1 month extendable ticket and then extend it before 1 month runs out.

I really do not want to get stuck at the BKK border...They questioned me the last time why I did return after 3 months and took me to some table and asked me questions etc....Luckily I was allowed to enter. this way just 1 month before covid hit thailand. 

Edited by parafareno

Regarding "onward ticket" does anyone have any personal experience with QATAR AIRWAYS asking for onward ticket when flying from US (Philadelphia) to Bangkok. I have confirmed round trip booking with them for mid-Nov and return 3 months later. I am considering using visa exempt with extension and a short trip to Vietnam for another visa exempt or getting longer term visa on evisa site and not sure which would be more convenient?