Non O - 1 year extension of stay based on retirement - Chiang Mai immigration requirements please

Currently in Phuket but returning to CM this week to apply for a ( first time ) Non O 1 year extension/ based on retirement ( money banked method ) 

Can anybody give me a list of CM immigration requirements please

Is 2 working days enough to get the extension completed ??

thanks 

You can book time on their website https://www.immigration.go.th/en/#serviceonline

If everything is in order it takes less then an hour. 

- TM 7

- Passport

- Bank book

- TM 30

- Bank statement 

- Copy of passport

- Copy of TM30

- Copy of Bank book

+ 2 documents about overstay

( You get them outside the building )

Edited by hakancnx
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, MikaQ5 said:

Currently in Phuket but returning to CM this week to apply for a ( first time ) Non O 1 year extension/ based on retirement ( money banked method ) 

Did you enter Thailand on a Non Imm O Visa?
You must file a new TM30 at CM prior to applying for any services.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hakancnx said:

You can book time on their website https://www.immigration.go.th/en/#serviceonline

- TM 7

- Passport

- Bank book

- TM 30

- Bank statement 

- Copy of passport

- Copy of TM30

- Copy of Bank book

By bank statement, you mean the letter one gets from the bank stating that the account is yours and the balance as of the date of the letter, rather than a Bank Statement showing all transactions occurring in an account.  Correct?

31 minutes ago, skatewash said:

By bank statement, you mean the letter one gets from the bank stating that the account is yours and the balance as of the date of the letter, rather than a Bank Statement showing all transactions occurring in an account.  Correct?

That's correct. You can get that, and the copy of bank book, the day before you go to immigration. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hakancnx said:

That's correct. You can get that, and the copy of bank book, the day before you go to immigration. 

Not correct. skatewash will require his passbook, copies of his passbook as well as the bank guarantee letter AND a 12 month bank statement. I have been required to provide all of these at CM for my last 3 extensions based on retirement.

Edited by TigerandDog
correction
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hakancnx said:

- TM 7

- Passport

- Bank book

- TM 30

- Bank statement 

- Copy of passport

- Copy of TM30

- Copy of Bank book

I don't think you can rely on the hour processing time a friend went there two weeks ago for a retirement extension renewal and was told to return the next day. 

2 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

Not correct. skatewash will require his passbook, copies of his passbook as well as the bank guarantee letter AND a 12 month bank statement. I have been required to provide all of these at CM for my last 3 extensions based on retirement.

Are you using the 800k banked method or the 65k per month ( hence I believe that's why they would ask for 12 months statements )

In my own case it's a first time extension ( Non O was only issued 3 months ago) so I can't see why I would need a 12 month bank statement 

4 hours ago, hakancnx said:

- TM 7

- Passport

- Bank book

- TM 30

- Bank statement 

- Copy of passport

- Copy of TM30

- Copy of Bank book

Thanks for the info 

So CM doesn't require any info regarding a hand drawn map of your address / a landlords details / rental agreement ( if renting ) etc ??

If you have the 800.000 in a fixed deposit account without any movements during the year, except interest and update, the 12 month statement is not needed. 

1 minute ago, MikaQ5 said:

Thanks for the info 

So CM doesn't require any info regarding a hand drawn map of your address / a landlords details / rental agreement ( if renting ) etc ??

No map if it's retirement extension. 

If you have an updated TM 30 that's no need for rental contracts. 

But bring everything, if they ask. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hakancnx said:

3 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

I was just curious what the requirement looks like in Chiang Mai.  In Phuket where I get my retirement extension it has been Bank Letter, 12 Month Bank Statement, and signed copies of your passbook pages covering the last 12 months.  This is for 800k baht in the bank method.

I have heard that some immigration offices don't require the 12 Month Bank Statement signed/stamped by the bank as used to be the case in Phuket.  Was just curious if Chiang Mai was one of those or not.  From the two responses it sounds like they are moving to require the 12 Month Bank Statement but are occasionally lax about enforcing it.  The stricter requirement  of always having the 12 Month Bank Statement has been enforced in Phuket for at least three years.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, hakancnx said:

- TM 7

- Passport

- Bank book

- TM 30

- Bank statement 

- Copy of passport

- Copy of TM30

- Copy of Bank book

Do you recall How many copies do they need of each item — 1 or 2 ?

3 hours ago, MikaQ5 said:

Are you using the 800k banked method or the 65k per month ( hence I believe that's why they would ask for 12 months statements )

In my own case it's a first time extension ( Non O was only issued 3 months ago) so I can't see why I would need a 12 month bank statement 

I use 800k in the bank. Passbooks when updated do not show every individual transaction, just an aggregate of deposits and an aggregate of withdrawals since the previous update. CM IO's want to see that you meet the 2 months before and 3 months after requirements with the 800k and the ONLY way they can see that is with a 12 month statement.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, hakancnx said:

If you have the 800.000 in a fixed deposit account without any movements during the year, except interest and update, the 12 month statement is not needed. 

yes it is. I use 800k in fixed deposit account and I've had to provide a 12 month bank statement, as well as bank book with copies and bank guarantee letter as well as a small deposit on the same day I apply for the extension for my last 3 annual extensions at CM, and I'm a friend of one of the senior IO's there. 

Edited by TigerandDog
  • Like 1

I use 800k in the bank. Passbooks when updated do not show every individual transaction, just an aggregate of deposits and an aggregate of withdrawals since the previous update. CM IO's want to see that you meet the 2 months before and 3 months after requirements with the 800k and the ONLY way they can see that is with a 12 month statement.

Ok 

I presume I can ask for this ( bank statement) at the same time I ask for the bank guarantee letter at  Bangkok Bank ) ?

8 months will have to suffice because that’s all the time the account has been opened 

I take your point about the 12 month statement is how they can check min balances/ against months required but as this is my First extension I doubt it will be asked for 

7 minutes ago, MikaQ5 said:

Ok 

I presume I can ask for this ( bank statement) at the same time I ask for the bank guarantee letter at  Bangkok Bank ) ?

8 months will have to suffice because that’s all the time the account has been opened 

I take your point about the 12 month statement is how they can check min balances/ against months required but as this is my First extension I doubt it will be asked for 

Suggest you only ask for up to a 6 month bank statement for two reasons:

You only really need to cover two (2) months for your first extension of stay application.  Showing you have maintained at least 800k baht in the account for at least 2 months.

Bangkok Bank (unlike other banks) has a problem providing bank statements longer than the last six month period while you wait.  If you need more than six months your request is forwarded to Bangkok Bank headquarters and it can take up to a week for it to be sent to you.  Six and fewer month statements can be produced by the branch.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

yes it is. I use 800k in fixed deposit account and I've had to provide a 12 month bank statement, as well as bank book with copies and bank guarantee letter as well as a small deposit on the same day I apply for the extension for my last 3 annual extensions at CM, and I'm a friend of one of the senior IO's there. 

I have done extensions for 8 years and have never used 12 month statement. 

4 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

The bank statement may be a requirement at CM however not all immigration offices are so stupid.

If you use a dedicated bank account for immigration purposes and maintain that at 800k+ be that a FD or savings account then no bank statements would/should be required.

Certainly not at CW 

As for your "small deposit" into FD account. Which bank allows this.

Most FD accounts have minimum deposit of 1000baht. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The bank statement may be a requirement at CM however not all immigration offices are so stupid.

If you use a dedicated bank account for immigration purposes and maintain that at 800k+ be that a FD or savings account then no bank statements would/should be required.

Certainly not at CW 

As for your "small deposit" into FD account. Which bank allows this.

Most FD accounts have minimum deposit of 1000baht. 

Drjack, this topic is relevant to CM only not a general discussion, so how about you keep your opinions re other Imm offices to yourself as you are not from CM and don't know what their requirements are, and BTW this is not the first time you've posted comments re CM and been wrong with regards to their requirements.

Edited by TigerandDog

6 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

Drjack, this topic is relevant to CM only not a general discussion, so how about you keep your opinions re other Imm offices to yourself as you are not from CM and don't know what their requirements are, and BTW this is not the first time you've posted comments re CM and been wrong with regards to their requirements.

Please bring into line the above posters that referred to Phuket and other immigration offices since you have taken on that responsibility.

You don't use a dedicated bank account which is part of the issue as transactions may be consolidated.

It perhaps is true the CM require 12 month of bank statements however just a dumb rule. 

I use a dedicated account and it has zero transactions apart from interest.

BTW you state that you make a small deposit into an FD account. 

Which bank allows a small deposit into an FD account.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Please bring into line the above posters that referred to Phuket and other immigration offices since you have taken on that responsibility.

You don't use a dedicated bank account which is part of the issue as transactions may be consolidated.

It perhaps is true the CM require 12 month of bank statements however just a dumb rule. 

I use a dedicated account and it has zero transactions apart from interest.

BTW you state that you make a small deposit into an FD account. 

Which bank allows a small deposit into an FD account.

My bank does, and the name of that bank is none of your business. My account IS a dedicated account (Imm purposes only) and they allow me to make a 100 baht deposit the same day they issue my bank guarantee letter so I can meet the requirement of CM Imm Office. As to the others you refer to did not post as a reply to my comment I ignored them consistently post comments unrelated to the topic ( in this case CM ) and were WRONG about everything you said, except for it being a stupid rule, you should stay on topic and stop generalising.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

My bank does, and the name of that bank is none of your business. My account IS a dedicated account (Imm purposes only) and they allow me to make a 100 baht deposit the same day they issue my bank guarantee letter so I can meet the requirement of CM Imm Office. As to the others you refer to did not post as a reply to my comment I ignored them consistently post comments unrelated to the topic ( in this case CM ) and were WRONG about everything you said, except for it being a stupid rule, you should stay on topic and stop generalising.

Why the secrecy about which bank allows a 100 b deposit into a fixed deposit account ?

It seems it would be good information no ????

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, MikaQ5 said:

Why the secrecy about which bank allows a 100 b deposit into a fixed deposit account ?

It seems it would be good information no ????

No, it's an arrangement I have with the manager of my branch which more than likely would not be available elsewhere at the same bank. The manager is a cousin of my wife.

• Haha 1

No, it's an arrangement I have with the manager of my branch which more than likely would not be available elsewhere at the same bank. The manager is a cousin of my wife.

Some banks (not including Bangkok Bank) require some activity before they'll update the passbook. Obviously CM Imm wants a current, accurate updated passbook -- so if you need to do a small deposit or withdrawal to do this, so be it. But CM Imm doesn't require such activity just for its own sake. Thus, my Bangkok Bank passbook updates just fine without activity -- and this is fine with CM Imm.

By the way, CM Imm certainly does require two bank letters: the twelve month variety (that would show activity that might be disguised in a consolidated passbook entry); and the snapshot letter of your current passbook balance (and don't forget to get a photocopy of this page with the latest balance). The below is the guidance I got several years ago from an agent (the hand holding, legit kind), which I could show to a Bangkok Bank clerk otherwise not familiar with such bank letters:

bank ltr for immigration.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JimGant said:

Some banks (not including Bangkok Bank) require some activity before they'll update the passbook. Obviously CM Imm wants a current, accurate updated passbook -- so if you need to do a small deposit or withdrawal to do this, so be it. But CM Imm doesn't require such activity just for its own sake. Thus, my Bangkok Bank passbook updates just fine without activity -- and this is fine with CM Imm.

By the way, CM Imm certainly does require two bank letters: the twelve month variety (that would show activity that might be disguised in a consolidated passbook entry); and the snapshot letter of your current passbook balance (and don't forget to get a photocopy of this page with the latest balance). The below is the guidance I got several years ago from an agent (the hand holding, legit kind), which I could show to a Bangkok Bank clerk otherwise not familiar with such bank letters:

bank ltr for immigration.jpg

I've never had to produce 2 bank letters at CM, and I've been doing extensions there for 8 years now. From an 800k in the bank perspective I've only ever had to give them the bank guarantee letter, copy of updated passbook with transaction on the day of requesting extension and copies of pages for previous 12 months showing any transactions ( interest earned & tax deducted if any) and for the last 3 extensions a 12 month statement so they can see that I've met the seasoning requirements. To be honest I think my bank has gone loony as since 1 July this year they now credit my FD account with interest and deduct tax on a monthly basis, but I'll take that as it means that my earned interest has now become compound interest.