Why Don't Thais Care If Their Kids Die

Bangkok Barry

31 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

The parents care, it's just that they are too bloody lazy to drive them around, here and there 

Not necessarily, my mother in law could not get the sisters kids to school without us, it is probably a regular thing as previously mentioned grandma doesn't drive 

Without doubt the danger is multiplying with the much increased amount of larger vehicles now regularly using the roads 

I am pleased one of mine has a license and is frequently driving the truck, as soon as possible the younger one will follow

A very timely post for me, on my way home today in car small road, motorbike in front no brake light or tail light, slows to turn left, no prob THEN decided to carry on straight, then slows Quickly stares in the ma&pa shop, managed to avoid him, he is one of my direct neighbours, i got home different smaller road, I waved him down, and told him you have no brake light and i nearly hit you. well he just laughed his head off and said the front work, ???? he often carries a small child with him, and his daughter carrying the kid, is always and i mean always texting as she drives. I give up, window down i often shout out to these imbeciles around me KILL THE BABY !

Edited by brianthainess

28 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

A very timely post for me, on my way home today in car small road, motorbike in front no brake light or tail light, slows to turn left, no prob THEN decided to carry on straight, then slows Quickly stares in the ma&pa shop, managed to avoid him,

This happens to me daily 

you have no brake light

Every second Thai motorbike has no break light 

I nearly hit you

Don't confront a Thai, it's not a healthy option. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

33 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

and told him you have no brake light and i nearly hit you. well he just laughed his head off and said the front work, 

Could be that they don't understand why you need to have lights on the back and they just have a light because its the rules .

They don't realise that they have lights to make themselves visible and its to stop other vehicles crashing into them as its neigh on impossible to see motorbikes in the dark when they done have any lights

10 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I give up, window down i often shout out to these imbeciles around me KILL THE BABY !

Don't do this, they will only think you have mental health issues. 

You need to learn how to control your inner feelings and emotions, if you want to live in Thailand. 

If you do not have control over your mouth, you will not have control over your future.

Your reactions are concerning. 

Take care mate 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

• 2 months later...
On 9/22/2022 at 11:07 AM, Phulublub said:

A very good reason to have Class One Insurance and front/rear dashcams.

PH

I cannot get any insurance at the moment except the compulsary kind. My 7 year Forza always had 1st class insurance, now I am told my insurance company does not insure bikes over 4 years old. So it is bye bye 1st class insurance.

Now I just have to hope if I have an accident that is not my fault, the other party are legally on the road.

Depending on who you believe or how you count them, there are between 30 (reported by the Dept. of Rural Roads) and 60(Est. by WHO) traffic deaths in Thailand EVERY day.  The ones you read about in the news just happened to be reported because of when, where or how they occurred.  There are many more, every day that are not reported in the news, but the victims are just as dead.

On 12/8/2022 at 3:24 PM, NoshowJones said:

I cannot get any insurance at the moment except the compulsary kind. My 7 year Forza always had 1st class insurance, now I am told my insurance company does not insure bikes over 4 years old. So it is bye bye 1st class insurance.

Now I just have to hope if I have an accident that is not my fault, the other party are legally on the road.

Your insurance company?  You could always try a different one.  Or a broker...

Utter BS to suggest that every single vehicle on the roads in Thailand over 7 years old only has compulsory insurance.

PH

22 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Utter BS to suggest that every single vehicle on the roads in Thailand over 7 years old only has compulsory insurance.

PH

"Utter BS to suggest that every single vehicle on the roads in Thailand over 7 years old only has compulsory insurance."

Did I say that????

PH

20 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

PH

Voluntary Insurance can be got for bikes up to 20 years,  maybe not a full 1st class type but a choice of something better than just CTPL.

15 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

"Utter BS to suggest that every single vehicle on the roads in Thailand over 7 years old only has compulsory insurance."

Did I say that????

PH

Effectively, yes.  You said

So it is bye bye 1st class insurance.

The implication from that statement is that it is impossible to get Class 1 for older vehicles

PH

2 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

The implication from that statement is that it is impossible to get Class 1 for older vehicles

PH

4 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

PH

I was posting about my motorbike, I assume you missed that bit.