New York attorney general files civil fraud lawsuit against Trump, some of his children and his business

Scott

fe6fadf3653cdaaa0435c596557d45f3.gif

The New York state attorney general filed a sweeping lawsuit Wednesday against former President Donald Trump, three of his adult children and the Trump Organization, alleging they were involved in an expansive fraud lasting over a decade that the former President used to enrich himself.

In the more than 200-page lawsuit, Attorney General Letitia James, a Democrat, alleges the fraud touched all aspects of the Trump business, including its properties and golf courses. According to the lawsuit, the Trump Organization deceived lenders, insurers and tax authorities by inflating the value of his properties using misleading appraisals.

“This conduct cannot be brushed aside and dismissed as some sort of good-faith mistake,” James said at a news conference in New York.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/21/politics/trump-new-york-attorney-general-letitia-james-fraud-lawsuit/index.html

CNN-logo-July-4-2020-e1593906141959-300x

6 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Bill Barr could very well end up in jail, the ghost of John Mitchell looms over his shoulder.

Nixon wasn't sent to prison, but his attorney general was. 

This "leave the kids alone" is his attempt to regain smooching distance of the orange backside should the next MAGA putsch actually work.

A spineless toadying disgrace of a human being. 

What, no Jared?

“What, no Jared?”

Cooperating witness would be my guess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

“What, no Jared?”

Did Jared fulfill an official roll in the Trump Enterprise? AFAIK not, and this is purely a fraud case against the Trump Enterprise.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

“What, no Jared?”

Can of worms there: all sorts of spousal testimony rules, I'd guess it varies by state.  This was before politics, so I guess Jared was running his own enterprise.

BTW I suspect an ex-wife of one of the sons was some sort of cut-out to shelter at least some of the family fortune, should it all be sequestered. 

30 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The irony of TRump's dissipating hope of being a Presidential candidate because of insurmountable legal perils is that he and his allies cannot claim that the investigations are political motivated. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Barr's main reason for criticizing the lawsuit was because he felt it unfairly dragged Trump's kids into the lawsuit

And That's stupid because the one who is responsible is Trump himself. Caring parents don't involve their children in fishy business (unless they are mafiosi).

• Like 1