New York attorney general files civil fraud lawsuit against Trump, some of his children and his business

Scott

fe6fadf3653cdaaa0435c596557d45f3.gif

The New York state attorney general filed a sweeping lawsuit Wednesday against former President Donald Trump, three of his adult children and the Trump Organization, alleging they were involved in an expansive fraud lasting over a decade that the former President used to enrich himself.

In the more than 200-page lawsuit, Attorney General Letitia James, a Democrat, alleges the fraud touched all aspects of the Trump business, including its properties and golf courses. According to the lawsuit, the Trump Organization deceived lenders, insurers and tax authorities by inflating the value of his properties using misleading appraisals.

“This conduct cannot be brushed aside and dismissed as some sort of good-faith mistake,” James said at a news conference in New York.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/21/politics/trump-new-york-attorney-general-letitia-james-fraud-lawsuit/index.html

CNN-logo-July-4-2020-e1593906141959-300x

6 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Bill Barr could very well end up in jail, the ghost of John Mitchell looms over his shoulder.

Nixon wasn't sent to prison, but his attorney general was. 

This "leave the kids alone" is his attempt to regain smooching distance of the orange backside should the next MAGA putsch actually work.

A spineless toadying disgrace of a human being. 

What, no Jared?

“What, no Jared?”

Cooperating witness would be my guess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

“What, no Jared?”

Did Jared fulfill an official roll in the Trump Enterprise? AFAIK not, and this is purely a fraud case against the Trump Enterprise.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

“What, no Jared?”

Can of worms there: all sorts of spousal testimony rules, I'd guess it varies by state.  This was before politics, so I guess Jared was running his own enterprise.

BTW I suspect an ex-wife of one of the sons was some sort of cut-out to shelter at least some of the family fortune, should it all be sequestered. 

6 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

"Former Attorney General Bill Barr dismissed the lawsuit filed by the New York attorney general against former President Donald Trump and his children as a "political hit job," telling Fox News it is yet another symptom of "Trump derangement syndrome" and the left's desire to "punish" Trump.

"It’s hard for me not to conclude it’s a political hit job," Barr said Wednesday on "America Reports." "This is a woman who campaigned for office promising she was going to go after Trump, which I think is a tremendous abuse of office to go head-hunting and targeting individuals."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/new-york-ag-trump-lawsuit-political-hit-job-lefts-desire-punish-him-bill-barr

If even Trump hater Bill Barr admits this is "abuse of office" and another in a long line of witch hunts I think this is another one to ignore. I am wondering when and how this nonsensical persecution of Trump will end. Pretty stunning to think after 6 years of the biggest investigation into all aspects of a persons life this is the best they can come up with. Pure desperation.

L. James accusations,Makes for a very unattractive legal system according to another Trump political detractor , Andy McCarthy.

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6312668184112

Me thinks the good guys already anticipated this a long time ago. Even Dershowitz knocked her on another news source.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The irony of TRump's dissipating hope of being a Presidential candidate because of insurmountable legal perils is that he and his allies cannot claim that the investigations are political motivated. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I watched Trump's Youngstown speech after seeing this Lincoln Project anti-Trump ad. I was so struck by Trump's dark language

You might recall this is the way DT started out in June 2015.  "The American dream is dead" he was saying.   He'd say anything just to see how it did in the polls.  You may have noticed how quickly he dropped "I love the poorly educated!" 

But now the one taking the lead is Michael Flynn, who is going around the US pushing a combo of Christianity and US patriotism.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/michael-flynn-government-insider-holy-warrior/

Let's not forget DT never had a real agenda or message (other than "me me me!"), getting most of his positions from the Fox News chuckleheads.  Now Flynn is the god-and-country crusader.

If nothing else, the likes of the Lincoln Project and Liz Cheney has been a model for the Dems to develop some spinal fortitude.  Even some of the more  candy-_ssed personalities on MSNBC have summoned up courage, I guess having a POTUS personally call you a sc_mbag on national TV could have that effect.  As soon as the one Biden-DT debate ended in 2020 CNN cut to Dana Bash, her first words were "that was a sh_t show!"  She should be given a Pulitzer for that.  Gotta love those Jersey girls, but heart-on-the-sleeve Chris Hayes taking a similar, yet more well-spoken stance?  That is impressive.  You could say DT and his crew has turned US politics into something more like WWE wrestling, and the news media has learned how to hit him with chairs.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Barr's main reason for criticizing the lawsuit was because he felt it unfairly dragged Trump's kids into the lawsuit

And That's stupid because the one who is responsible is Trump himself. Caring parents don't involve their children in fishy business (unless they are mafiosi).

• Like 1

More collusion/corruption in the frame:

Son of Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy was leading a real-estate division of Deutsche Bank as it gave President Donald Trump over $1 billion in loans to finance his real-estate projects when other banks wouldn't

Trump's business career is more connected to Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy than we ever knew

Justin Kennedy, the former global head of Deutsche Bank's real-estate capital markets division, was one of Trump's close business associates, The Times reported, citing two sources familiar with the matter.

Because of Trump's inconsistent track record in business, which included multiple bankruptcy filings and frequent lawsuits, most other major banks would not lend to him. Deutsche Bank loaned Trump the funds to construct and renovate skyscrapers and other developments in New York City and Chicago, The Times reported.

https://www.businessinsider.com/anthony-kennedy-son-loaned-president-trump-over-a-billion-dollars-2018-6?r=UK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1