Agent Has Passport But Not Show Visa Been Given Nor Reply

11 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Do you have a picture or photocopy by any chance?

It always happens the one time you don't have your passport on you.

Hopefully you get this straightened out within next 48 hours.

Are they open on the weekends?

I know my agent isn't.  

I always have photo copies with me on my phone's of every important paper.

I'm not Original poster btw.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

it looks like to me they lost your passport or they are really waiting some documents or like that.

tbh most likely they lost your passport and cannot tell you. again they have nothing to lose. All your signed contracts and things are nothing. losing passports or other documents are very common with agencies. i have 2-3 friends their agencies lost really important things. they didnt even care or paid. well because at the end of the day you cannot do anything. thats it. 

i would go to the police and make a lost report. then my embassy with the report. you dont need to go to samui, dont listen them. jsut go to the nearest police station and tell them you lost it probably in taxi or MRT. thats all. take your paper they will give you and make 2-3 copies and keep the copies always

Edited by problemfarang

12 hours ago, Dart12 said:

???? that I did not know. Thank you.

If they answer or read e-mails just tell them if your passport is not returned in xx# of days you will have to go and make a police report. I did that with mail not being delivered and 6months of mail turned up the next day. nothing since though ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear for your troubles.

I had the same experience with Chiang Rai agent (I'm in Phuket). All was good at the start, but after several weeks of avoiding clear answers and deadlines, it became really stressful... After threatening to report my passport lost, they explained that they had trouble getting the docs from one school so they turned to the other one, and it takes time... At the end, I had to pay for few weeks overstay stamp, and will never use that agent again... Since then, I'm with good agent in my Phuket area, paying a bit more but sleeping well, lesson learned.

Wish you good luck, try to push them to give you clear information and expected date (whenever it is).

On 9/23/2022 at 8:16 AM, brianthainess said:

If they answer or read e-mails just tell them if your passport is not returned in xx# of days you will have to go and make a police report. I did that with mail not being delivered and 6months of mail turned up the next day. nothing since though ????

yeah.  I don't know why, but I fear some extra sneaky unknown retribution soon as I give a hard push that will make it harder to get my NEXT  visa, or them returning my passport 8 days late already with no new visa that I paid some 15-17k for already.

On 9/23/2022 at 4:43 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

OMG, Avoid doing any business or purchases on Facebook. 

You are just going to introduce misery into your life. 

2022. Not sure how old you are, but online commerce is beyond established, it's killing offline physical businesses.

It's just as safe if not safer due to all the documentation of conversation that occurs in written form.

This company is going to do what it does whether I went to the office or done online.  Btw, they did provide my first 2 visas of the 9 month plan without any issue.  As well as many others I know.

If you have a solution to kick them in the butt to provide the last one instead of deriding the platform of commerce, I'm taking notes of any suggestions.

On 9/23/2022 at 1:36 AM, problemfarang said:

it looks like to me they lost your passport or they are really waiting some documents or like that.

tbh most likely they lost your passport and cannot tell you. again they have nothing to lose. All your signed contracts and things are nothing. losing passports or other documents are very common with agencies. i have 2-3 friends their agencies lost really important things. they didnt even care or paid. well because at the end of the day you cannot do anything. thats it. 

i would go to the police and make a lost report. then my embassy with the report. you dont need to go to samui, dont listen them. jsut go to the nearest police station and tell them you lost it probably in taxi or MRT. thats all. take your paper they will give you and make 2-3 copies and keep the copies always

and then what would you do for the next visa?  leaving country for visa run sounds like recipe for not getting back in imo.   plus the 15-17k lost.

On 9/23/2022 at 8:47 AM, sallecc said:

Sorry to hear for your troubles.

I had the same experience with Chiang Rai agent (I'm in Phuket). All was good at the start, but after several weeks of avoiding clear answers and deadlines, it became really stressful... After threatening to report my passport lost, they explained that they had trouble getting the docs from one school so they turned to the other one, and it takes time... At the end, I had to pay for few weeks overstay stamp, and will never use that agent again... Since then, I'm with good agent in my Phuket area, paying a bit more but sleeping well, lesson learned.

Wish you good luck, try to push them to give you clear information and expected date (whenever it is).

They didn't take responsibility for the overstay?? even though it was their fault.    I'm already at 4000 baht overstay if this is the case.  unacceptable in my eyes.

Update:  After answering my call Thursday then quickly getting off saying she'll call back, she did not. 
She also did not answer when I called again 3 hours later.

Nor answer 2 more PM's over the next 2 days.

However, she PMd today saying she has it and is sending it.  I asked another question immediately once I got the message, but have recieved no reply in response despite FB telling me she did indeed read it.

So, while i have no verification, this sounds like good news on the VISA front.

I will now listen search for best deals for my next visa...if anyone has $$ numbers to share.  (I do not qualify for retirement visa yet) and not socking over 600,000 for elite at this time.

Thank you everybody for all your input into solutions if the agent didn't fulfill the contract.  

Cheers

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

Update:  After answering my call Thursday then quickly getting off saying she'll call back, she did not. 
She also did not answer when I called again 3 hours later.

Nor answer 2 more PM's over the next 2 days.

However, she PMd today saying she has it and is sending it.  I asked another question immediately once I got the message, but have recieved no reply in response despite FB telling me she did indeed read it.

So, while i have no verification, this sounds like good news on the VISA front.

I will now listen search for best deals for my next visa...if anyone has $$ numbers to share.  (I do not qualify for retirement visa yet) and not socking over 600,000 for elite at this time.

Thank you everybody for all your input into solutions if the agent didn't fulfill the contract.  

Cheers

Sounds more than ever like an overwhelmed and disorganised agent. This is all too common.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

What exactly do you expect the "best deals for my next visa" will look like. 

Well, last time, my options ranged from 110,000 baht down to 50,000 baht for the same visa after much research.  There were a few other different options in there as well.

I had to go away from my longtime agent because it seems the big 3 had conspired against a certain demographic to not allow any further visas (Pattaya, Phuket, and Bangkok).  It was only after researching outside those areas did I find that there was a plethora of more affordable options than 110,000.

Even then, most numbers quoted were quite inflated from years past (I'm told) pre-covid.  So now I'm just gonna see what the market is offering.  I'm hoping with the covid being much less a thing now, and travel pretty open, that visas have gone back to more sane prices of pre-covid.

I heard pre-covid year long visas were more like 28,000.  I doubt it will ever be like that again, even without the gouging, because of recent inflation.  But it would be nice.

43 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

So now I'm just gonna see what the market is offering.

Market is offering? 

Agents can only do certain things.

They cannot obtain non O based on retirement for someone under 50.

They cannot obtain a non O based on marriage for unmarried farang.

Non O based on volunteering turned out to be a nightmare.

So be specific on what you think you can obtain with agent.

Another Ed visa? 

Tick tock. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Market is offering? 

Agents can only do certain things.

They cannot obtain non O based on retirement for someone under 50.

They cannot obtain a non O based on marriage for unmarried farang.

Non O based on volunteering turned out to be a nightmare.

So be specific on what you think you can obtain with agent.

Another Ed visa? 

Tick tock. 

Most likely an EDU.  And according to the bank that denied me opening an account when I presented my passport, it will be my FIRST EDU visa stamp.

Again, I don 't know behind the scenes...but when I vetted them they were exemplary in service and seemed to have all their ducks in a row working with a school and everything.  I was not trying to buy a fake edu with no classes etc.  I actually want to learn some Thai and I turned those fake offers down.  I wanted to get classes for my money..

but all that disentegrated when my contact there abruptly left.  I'm just glad at this point I got my 9 months of visas.  Sometimes gotta take the small wins and just roll with it.

Edited by Dart12

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Have you tried checking the status of your permission to stay on the IMM eServices mobile app? (You probably need to have Thailand as your registered country for Play/App Store to be able to download it). 

If they only did your extension on Friday then it might not show up on there yet, but worth a check as if your extension date has been updated it's one less thing for you to worry about.

thats good info to know.  I'll have to download it and have it ready for future uses.

It is on apple too right?

7 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

Most likely an EDU.

Most likely you have already looked at fall back option.

With visa exempt entries shortly to become 45 days you could consider them.

When you know the end date for your current permission of stay.

Might even be possible to obtain couple this year and then two next year with extensions. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

thats good info to know.  I'll have to download it and have it ready for future uses.

It is on apple too right?

Yes, I'm an IPhone user & it's called IMM eservice on the AppStore.

If it doesn't show up in the search you need to change the country associated with your AppleID to Thailand or set-up a New/Dummy AppleID to download it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Most likely you have already looked at fall back option.

With visa exempt entries shortly to become 45 days you could consider them.

When you know the end date for your current permission of stay.

Might even be possible to obtain couple this year and then two next year with extensions. 

december 17 is final date I believe

10 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Yes, I'm an IPhone user & it's called IMM eservice on the AppStore.

If it doesn't show up in the search you need to change the country associated with your AppleID to Thailand or set-up a New/Dummy AppleID to download it. 

THAT is a pain in the butt.  I'm gonna have to google that because I don't want to mess with my real one at all and lose everything.

You have any suggested workarounds?  

Maybe use a gf phone to download it instead?  

Edited by Dart12

1 hour ago, Dart12 said:

december 17 is final date I believe

THAT is a pain in the butt.  I'm gonna have to google that because I don't want to mess with my real one at all and lose everything.

Options would seem to be:-

1. Change the country on your Apple ID - Unless you live in Thailand then I wouldn't do this in case as I think you're the restricted as to when you can change it back (It's not like you can flip-flop). 
  2. Create a new Apple ID, log in with it, download the app, then log back in with your normal AppleID (This was the way I did it). 
  3. Get your GF to log into your phone with her AppleID, download the App then log back in with your own ApplID
  4. Get the GF to install the App on her phone (Apple or Android) & use the app on there

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dart12 said:

I've just been through this process to download the Section38 app to my iPhone for TM30 reporting.  My research concluded that changing App Store is too problematic as it wipes so many aspects of your Apple ID account.  Instead I logged out of my Apple ID and set up a second Apple ID account using a new email address and with Thailand as the location.  Takes ten minutes or so.  Then I downloaded the app, logged out of that Apple ID and back to the original.  If you google second Apple ID account you'll find plenty of advice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Installed this app just now to try it out... After all registration data filled in, it says "Cannot connect OR Time out"... Like everything else here, keep your expectations bottom low, then won't be too disappointed ???? Will try some other time again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sallecc said:

Installed this app just now to try it out... After all registration data filled in, it says "Cannot connect OR Time out"... Like everything else here, keep your expectations bottom low, then won't be too disappointed ???? Will try some other time again.

I tried it a few times during the day & had no problems, you’re not using a VPN on your phone are you? 

Tried it again at 04:30am and again had no problems…

5B8FE877-5BC4-4AED-AADF-F15D65EFC630.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

I tried it a few times during the day & had no problems, you’re not using a VPN on your phone are you? 

Tried it again at 04:30am and again had no problems…

5B8FE877-5BC4-4AED-AADF-F15D65EFC630.jpeg

No VPN, tried again on WiFi and 4G, failed on both (attached photo). Maybe sign-in works, but I'm trying to do 1st registration... Internet works fine (tried YouTube & Netflix 1080p no problem)... Gave up ????

20220926_062112.jpg

• Like 1