Chevrolet repeater

Maybole

My old (2010) Aveo has a signal repeater light just forward of each front door. One has stopped working, I suspect it is only a failed bulb but cannot get the cover off. From experience with similar cars it should just pull off and press back on but even using moderate force I cannot move it. I am afraid to use too much force or start using a screwdriver to prize it off for fear of damage. The users manual makes no mention of it.

Can any member advise me?

4 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

I know this, you know this..

there is some ignorant haters on the forum that think other wise though.

Funny your post got me to ask one of my neighbours he has an old Chevy truck and he told me he has no problem with anything if his truck needs parts and added if people have new more easy more. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maybole said:

It should be a propriety bulb, not specific to Chevrolet. However until I get the cover off(which is what I am asking about) I cannot know what bulb to order.

Well there's people who know how to remove the cover to change the bulb the same people that service your ride. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

IIRC you will have to access the bulb from inside the wing. The lens assembly clips into the hole in the wing. A bulb-holder then fits into the lens assembly. Rotate the bulb holder 90 deg anticlockwise to release it. Don't lose the O ring seal.

Thank you, that is exactly the information I was was fishing for.

• Thumbs Up 1